Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM   #14131
Mod Team

Huge moves on many US tickers today too.

Dead cat bounce or true short term bottom? This week will tell!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:24 AM   #14132
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Huge moves on many US tickers today too.

Dead cat bounce or true short term bottom? This week will tell!
My sources say the next 30/60/90 days we're getting a HUGE buying opportunity ,HUGE, we're talking like TSLA at $75 type shit

Have lots of cash ready.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:29 AM   #14133
Supporter

Wait.

So Nvidia downloads 80 years of video from copywritten sources PER DAY? And obviously paid nothing for it...

yeesh. That might not be great.

https://www.pcgamer.com/software/ai/...cal-to-nvidia/
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:31 AM   #14134
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Wait.

So Nvidia downloads 80 years of video from copywritten sources PER DAY? And obviously paid nothing for it...

yeesh. That might not be great.

https://www.pcgamer.com/software/ai/...cal-to-nvidia/
It's becoming a problem at all ends of the spectrum. I've blocked 3 different bots at the ChiefsPlanet server level this year because they're just leeching content like crazy. Back when things were crawling here in February or so, I looked, and one IP address had used up about a third of our bandwidth for the month.

Obviously we're a drop in the bucket compared to the situation in the article, but it's definitely shitty that these places can just leech content, costing their hosts money, and profit from it without any compensation to the actual source.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:32 AM   #14135
Supporter

Hilariously, there is an ad for a shitty old grain drill - probably on Big Iron or something - on my PC.

That looks more than a little odd on a PC Gamer site.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:00 AM   #14136
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
It's becoming a problem at all ends of the spectrum. I've blocked 3 different bots at the ChiefsPlanet server level this year because they're just leeching content like crazy. Back when things were crawling here in February or so, I looked, and one IP address had used up about a third of our bandwidth for the month.

Obviously we're a drop in the bucket compared to the situation in the article, but it's definitely shitty that these places can just leech content, costing their hosts money, and profit from it without any compensation to the actual source.
Yeah, it's shitty. I think I read the NYT and NEWSMAX or something licensed their copyrights to Open AI.

It was a lot of money for me, but I thought it wasn't 1% enough for the entire product library of a national company. Especially for licensing it to a company that may or may not be low key trying to displace you.

I understand it was gross revenue without COGS so it went straight to the bottom line on the earnings call, but godDAMN.

So there is precedent for these companies paying for it. I didn't know Nvidia was doing any training.
Old Today, 03:03 PM   #14137
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Anyone put any money in reddit? They just released their second earnings and they are very good. No after market jump but is there a reason this shouldn't be a long term hold?

https://www.stocktitan.net/news/RDDT...gk0m9bkxf.html
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:34 PM   #14138
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Anyone put any money in reddit? They just released their second earnings and they are very good. No after market jump but is there a reason this shouldn't be a long term hold?

https://www.stocktitan.net/news/RDDT...gk0m9bkxf.html
I thought about it and maybe I should.

I listen to the prof G markets podcast and that dude laid out a pretty good case for it. They have incredible traffic numbers, and they just have to get the ad sales structure right. Which isn’t nothing but it isn’t the hard part. Plus it looks like they’re not falling into the tech bro trap of spending out the ass and eating huge losses to “grow”.

I’d hang onto it.

The big risk is if they lose 230 protection for content. If there gets to be smoke for that I’d dump it.

I didn’t think they’d have positive earnings so I stayed out. But if there are earnings it’s probably an OK hold.