Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:59 PM   #9826
The man you could post like.

Andy has had some absolute doozies when it comes to WR talent and still made it work just fine. This room has a 1st and three 2nd round talents. The offensive staff under him has been horrendous this season.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 05:59 PM   #9827
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I would absolutely bring in Desean Jackson for a workout. See what he remembers from the offense.

I'd bring in Watkins, too, for a workout. See if he's got anything left in the tank.

And if either of them do, I'd cut MVS.

And I'd fire Embree immediately regardless.

I'm the one that was preaching patience, but I'm all out of that.

I want accountability.
Me too, brother - but considering Andy is STILL going on about how Toney was only "an inch or two" from being legal when it was more like a yard, I'm not expecting it.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 06:00 PM   #9828
In Search of a Life

At least D Jax is a veteran player who knows where to line up and catch the ball. This team needs a veteran which they dont have
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 06:01 PM   #9829

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
Me too, brother - but considering Andy is STILL going on about how Toney was only "an inch or two" from being legal when it was more like a yard, I'm not expecting it.
It's organizational arrogance coming back to bite him again.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 06:01 PM   #9830
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Pretty much, at least imo. If they were really talented, most of this isn't even an issue. But they aren't really talented, and there's really only so much that can be done to hide their weaknesses, and not much talent to try and expand.
when you have a bunch of young guys that were high picks, and not a single one is playing anywhere near as well as they were in February, what's different?

Different OC with a dramatically different demeanor, and a WR coach that's never been a WR coach.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 06:02 PM   #9831
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Embree's not getting fired. He probably won't be WR coach next season, probably just become the coach of a different position group or whatever. But Andy's not firing the kid after a single season. not Andy's MO.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 06:03 PM   #9832
MVP

Quote:
Embree's not getting fired. He probably won't be WR coach next season, probably just become the coach of a different position group or whatever. But Andy's not firing the kid after a single season. not Andy's MO.
Oh, I know.

I'm wishing out loud.

And I'm well aware that I am not qualified to be an NFL head coach. Peewee league, maybe.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 06:06 PM   #9833
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
when you have a bunch of young guys that were high picks, and not a single one is playing anywhere near as well as they were in February, what's different?

Different OC with a dramatically different demeanor, and a WR coach that's never been a WR coach.

I mean, I get it. But at the end of the day, Skyy wasn't ever a 2nd round pick. Or, to be more precise, he never should've been a 2nd round pick. I think that's obvious at this point. And 'ditto' Toney wasn't ever really a 1st round pick.

And neither really showed us anything in 2022 that said "he's that guy." Toney had a few flashy catches in a few games, but never put together anything close to a complete game. And Skyy, well, we've all gone over Skyy's issues for awhile now, so let's not do that again. But he really didn't show us anything last season that should've given anyone the idea that he was going to become a stud in 2023.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 06:07 PM   #9834

Quote:

Skyy Moore is an absolutely awful player, but even he managed to put together a few relatively decent games once we got into November and actually made a couple key plays in our Super Bowl run. Has done absolutely nothing to develop on that. Like, at all. Actually regressed.
Old 12-11-2023, 06:21 PM   #9835
In Search of a Life

Quote:
'career' being a second year guy and a third year guy who'd missed most of his first year to injury. From that, you determined that you could project their 'career' numbers?

No. The only question going in to this season with Toney was health.
Skyy was supposed to be steady, plus route runner, plus hands. These were the scouting reports. This is why these guys were first and second round picks.

Nobody's planning on Watson being anything but a serviceable bottom of the rotation guy.

MVS has never been THIS bad.

Rice is the only one doing anything, and he's a rookie who doesn't really know what he's even doing yet.

No, all of these guys not only didn't improve when it was entirely reasonable to expect in year two, they ALL shit the bed simulataneously.

A #1, three #2's in that group. Two guys that run 4.3

No, there's physical talent.
Mvs has also never been as good as a few moments last year. Toney had plenty of question marks before us. Skyy has no track record… it is entirely on promise. These guys aren’t gonna go to other teams and get coached up to be anything different. Two have athletic talent but bottom tier feel for the position. Two are middling on both talent and feel.

You wonder why they shit the bed simultaneously. I’d say last year was more lightning in a bottle where a couple of wildly inconsistent guys had a couple of big moments at the absolute best times. And we had the perfect scheme for what defensss threw at us last year, and this year we have the wrong players for how defenses want to defend us.

I really don’t see what you see in the talent. These guys weren’t very good before they got here, and they won’t be very good when they leave here. Which is a pretty good sign that it’s a talent issue, not coaching
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 06:22 PM   #9836
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
I was never on the EB hate train.

I was on the 'give me my third round pick for him' train.

But they clearly miss the disciplinarian, wouldn't you agree?
Yes. Been saying that for months.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 12-11-2023, 06:24 PM   #9837
Generational Player

Quote:
I mean, I get it. But at the end of the day, Skyy wasn't ever a 2nd round pick. Or, to be more precise, he never should've been a 2nd round pick. I think that's obvious at this point. And 'ditto' Toney wasn't ever really a 1st round pick.

And neither really showed us anything in 2022 that said "he's that guy." Toney had a few flashy catches in a few games, but never put together anything close to a complete game. And Skyy, well, we've all gone over Skyy's issues for awhile now, so let's not do that again. But he really didn't show us anything last season that should've given anyone the idea that he was going to become a stud in 2023.
Yeah, CEH was a 1st round pick and Pacheco was a 7th round pick.

It's clear who the real talent is. It's Pacheco.

Skyy Moore has ZERO NFL+ traits worth exploring.

Toney has been in the NFL for years and while has has talent that flashes now and then it has never translated to real productivity.

Justin Watson was a bottom of the roster guy who never had anything NFL teams were looking to feature at any point.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 06:27 PM   #9838
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Joe bleymeier and eb got absolutely roasted 2 years ago. Amazing how they became geniuses when we got the right personnel to attack what defenses threw at us. And how bleymeier and Reid by extension of all this look incompetent when we don’t have the right players.

The biggest biggest thing that changed is that defenses adapted to us. And that’s not ideal when our players are dependent on scheme to get them open and when they don’t have the flexibility to do anything else. All Toney can do is catch and run. All Mvs can do is clear out routes. Is it a surprise we don’t have flexibility to adapt? We’ve got a bunch of role players and defenses took away the one thing these guys do best.

So it isn’t always necessarily about talent, it’s having the right talent to beat what defenses throw at you. We didn’t have it 2 years ago, we adapted to have it last year, and now we don’t have it again. And Reid and veach are brilliant enough that we’ll have it again next year. That’s what happens when every team has a bullseye on our back. This is a good lesson that in the future we need to anticipate these arrows instead of waiting the last minute to dodge them
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 06:29 PM   #9839
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
ITS THE SAME ****ING GUYS AS LAST YEAR.

One legged Juju doesn't explain how nobody can run the right route, catch the ball, or even line up correctly.

THE SAME GUYS.
It does, actually.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 06:29 PM   #9840
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Oh, I know.

I'm wishing out loud.

And I'm well aware that I am not qualified to be an NFL head coach. Peewee league, maybe.

I get it.

For myself, I'm not that mad at Embree. I mean, Andy obviously gave him the job because he does that sort of thing with all of his young coaches. He gives them a position group or whatever for a season or two, then moves them to a different spot, and so on. From a coaching perspective, I think it makes sense. It's like an internship each year, and should make for better, more well-rounded coaches down the road.

And maybe Andy thought, as you and others did, that the WR room was going to basically be the same as last season, and the guy wouldn't have to do a whole lot to keep them at that level. Maybe Andy just didn't see a chance for this kind of regression, so why not give the kid basically a 'babysitter' coaching role?

Unfortunately, things didn't work out that way. But I can't really blame Embree that much for all of this. He's just the easiest guy to blame because he happens to have the WR coach title at the moment.