Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 09:50 PM   #8341
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
The guy has played one full season. Why in the world would they be desperate to move him at this point? He's had his problems but also his flashes. I'm confused why people think they'd be so keen to move on from him for an average return? What GM does that and why would it make sense to not see how that type of talent evolves?
Their GM moved TJ Hockenson because he wasn't being used in Ben Johnson's offense as a weapon. And then they get La Porta and use him this year how they could have used Hock.

And Hock was an even higher draft selection.

Guess it comes down to who takes over for Ben Johnson. If it's an in-house hire they may very well move him like they did Hock. An outsider might be running a different offense and want him.So it's not out of the question because the very GM in question has already moved on from Lions picks before.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 09:58 PM   #8342
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Crazy isn't it?

More power, more torque, less expensive to maintain, 87 fuel instead of premium, same fuel economy... just as many bells and whistles really... but 80k+ is tough to swallow in either case.
The BMW in-line 6 gives me a hard-on.

I just friggen love that motor; feels and sounds completely different than anything else I've driven. And GM interiors are just shockingly uninspired.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 10:18 PM   #8343
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Crazy isn't it?

More power, more torque, less expensive to maintain, 87 fuel instead of premium, same fuel economy... just as many bells and whistles really... but 80k+ is tough to swallow in either case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

I just friggen love that motor; feels and sounds completely different than anything else I've driven. And GM interiors are just shockingly uninspired.
I'd be curious on the Tahoe fuel economy. In my personal experience, Chevy under-delivers on their estimates by a decent amount while if anything, BMW over-delivers and is surprisingly efficient for the power.

And yeah.... I'm a bit of a fanboy for BMW because of the power (plus efficiency), the silky smooth transmission, and even the steering wheel is sexy. I know some purists say it's just not the same as older cars with the steering and what not, but it was life changing.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 10:33 PM   #8344
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
This isn't true. There's quality WR's that don't cost a fortune. Juju was a good one. Jakobi Myers was an excellent value this year for the Raiders and cost what MVS did.

Nelson Agholor has been solid for the Ravens.

You don't have to spend a fortune to get a competent player
Sometimes you get a good deal, but you can't always count on that.

JuJu had an injury history and bad QB play and signed a prove it deal (that didn't cost a fortune) with KC that worked out for both sides. And then he moved on to a bigger contract.

But if you have one year prove it players every year, you don't have any continuity and they may fail to prove it. Maybe he would have come in and not been healthy.

No, it wouldn't have bankrupted KC, but it would have have been a calculated gamble that didn't pay off and it would have set the WR room back.

That is what Toney is. A calculated gamble. Some pay off. Some don't.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-29-2023, 10:44 PM   #8345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Sometimes you get a good deal, but you can't always count on that.

JuJu had an injury history and bad QB play and signed a prove it deal (that didn't cost a fortune) with KC that worked out for both sides. And then he moved on to a bigger contract.

But if you have one year prove it players every year, you don't have any continuity and they may fail to prove it. Maybe he would have come in and not been healthy.

No, it wouldn't have bankrupted KC, but it would have have been a calculated gamble that didn't pay off and it would have set the WR room back.

That is what Toney is. A calculated gamble. Some pay off. Some don't.
And I'd spin the wheel and take my chances on Toney-style gambles every season. Hit on half of 'em and you're in amazing shape.

That's why I'd be willing to get back on the horse with Jameson Williams and take the same gamble.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 10:49 PM   #8346
World's Best Boss

I think James was another high upside signing that for whatever reason hasn't shown dividends yet.

James, MVS, and Toney simultaneously cratering to start the season shows the risk of relying on lotto tickets each season, but then again, we're 8-3, tied for the #1 seed, while Rice is emerging as a potential #1 receiver down the stretch. Hard to really say woe is me when you look at the big picture (though some still are, of course). Hit on a Juju wanting to catch passes from Patrick every other year and suddenly Patrick's putting up MVP numbers again.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 10:58 PM   #8347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I think James was another high upside signing that for whatever reason hasn't shown dividends yet.

James, MVS, and Toney simultaneously cratering to start the season shows the risk of relying on lotto tickets each season, but then again, we're 8-3, tied for the #1 seed, while Rice is emerging as a potential #1 receiver down the stretch. Hard to really say woe is me when you look at the big picture (though some still are, of course). Hit on a Juju wanting to catch passes from Patrick every other year and suddenly Patrick's putting up MVP numbers again.
Everybody with a big QB contract is, in fairly short order, going to have to take a fair number of gambles.

Philly got a SCREAMING bargain on Brown and drafted Smith before Hurts broke out. That's gonna help 'em. Cincy got Chase when Burrow got hurt. Things are going to get so much worse for LAC going forward. The Ravens hit on Flowers the way we hit on Rice but don't have much else around him. The Bills are just getting into the meat of the Allen deal and they're going to have to start rebuilding their pass-catchers around an aging Diggs (with limited draft/cap capital) just as we are around Kelce. The Cowboys got Lamb when Dak was hurt.

You can have a premier QB on a 2nd contract or expensive weapons but it's really rare that you have both. It just is what it is.
Old 11-29-2023, 11:30 PM   #8348
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
I know Jameson Williams has absolutely sucked ass this year, but...3rd?

Still only 22. 2 more years on his rookie number plus the 5th year option. A young speed complement to Rice.

I'm pretty positive I make that move.
The next....Kadarius Toney
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 11:34 PM   #8349
MVP

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I'd be curious on the Tahoe fuel economy. In my personal experience, Chevy under-delivers on their estimates by a decent amount while if anything, BMW over-delivers and is surprisingly efficient for the power.

And yeah.... I'm a bit of a fanboy for BMW because of the power (plus efficiency), the silky smooth transmission, and even the steering wheel is sexy. I know some purists say it's just not the same as older cars with the steering and what not, but it was life changing.
I still drive my 2003 325 xit as my go to work car... inline 2.5L 6 cyl. Plenty of power for that small of a car and pretty fun to drive at that. I love it, honestly. And I do like the steering on a BMW quite a bit more too. I've had Tahoes in the past though and never had any major issues with them. Great drivetrain. The only complaint I've ever had is that I'd have to change the wheel hub assemblies about every 100k, which really is a shit job when you live in the rust belt.

That said, those Tahoes are NICE and the upper-end interiors in the 75+ class are every bit as nice as a Beamer. It's not like the BMW doesn't have plastics and pleather just the same. You're also getting 100 HP and 100 lb-ft of torque more at the same price. You gotta step up to an M60 or Alpine in the BMWs, which start around 115k, to get better performance and in all of them, you're running premium fuel instead of low or mid-grade else you're going to be gumming up injectors quickly. So it depends where you want to sacrifice, really. I think the difference in weight is like 400 lbs in favor of the BMW, so it's not astronomical. More oomf and a couple grand less in fuel, or tighter steering and maybe an ever so slight upgrade in overall interior aesthetic. If all I'm doing is toting kids around and living in the city, I'd probably opt for the BMW. If I'm out in the country and pulling trailers, definitely the Tahoe.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-29-2023, 11:49 PM   #8350
MVP

Quote:
Feel like Mooney is still a little redundant. I wouldn't say he's a pure slot guy, but man he's in the slot a LOT. Probably 2-1. And I'm not convinced he's actually very good; really just had one strong season and then has otherwise been hurt or mediocre (of course QB caveats apply, but Moore still looks good in Chicago).

Eh - I think the price would have to be lower than it's likely to be to see real 'value' there. I mean nobody signs for 3/$21 anymore so if you're looking for 2 years, you're likely gonna have to give him the MVS contract.

Not sure I'm a fan of that.
I feel like Rice is being developed to be an outside guy but he's been cutting his teeth learning to run routes against NFL CBs from the slot. We finally saw more of him on the outside this week and it was good stuff.

Get another one of those guys in the draft and put Mooney in the slot full-time and I think you have a really, really nice starting lineup. Mooney's quickness is nails against nickel corners. The fact he's been a 1k WR in this league is a huge positive. He remains very productive when Fields' 10-cent brain processes finding him, and he's open a lot compared to the target share he gets.

That's also why I'm so high on a guy like Franklin. He has the speed and the downfield ball skills to be a significant upgrade to MVS opposite Rice. I wouldn't mind a guy like Adonai Mitchell if he were to fall in round 2. Get that guy that can man the Z spot as a Devonta Smith type and roll. I think this offense would be pretty sick with that setup.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-30-2023, 07:26 AM   #8351
MVP

Quote:

I said before that you can't buy your superstars in FA but you can hope to get some nice B or C-level players there so long as the price equates to the production. I see Mooney as that type of player here, but I know you don't like him as much. I know people like Marquise Brown a lot, but I think he's going to be a more expensive version of Mooney. He's not a savior. He's not even Christian Kirk, IMO.

Higgins and Pittman are going to get big contracts to be someone's #1 but I don't see either as the Ferrari those teams will hope they are getting.
^Agree 100%, although I still lean towards Brown.

I love my BMW!

Jameson Williams is the guy I'd be looking at too as another Toney'like swing, talking heads keep mocking them WRs in the 1st. I also wonder if DHop might become available again during the draft, TEN has a lot of needs.

So many WRs in this draft I'm starting to worry that we'll wait until the 2nd, again. Especially if we lose Jones or Sneed.

Rice is doing great! I'm not sure he's a #1 WR though, which is fine.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 11-30-2023, 09:50 AM   #8352
MVP

Quote:

You'd need to see a doctor if you experience the V8. Had an opportunity to drive a M850i and holy ****
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2023, 09:53 AM   #8353
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Everybody with a big QB contract is, in fairly short order, going to have to take a fair number of gambles.

Philly got a SCREAMING bargain on Brown and drafted Smith before Hurts broke out. That's gonna help 'em. Cincy got Chase when Burrow got hurt. Things are going to get so much worse for LAC going forward. The Ravens hit on Flowers the way we hit on Rice but don't have much else around him. The Bills are just getting into the meat of the Allen deal and they're going to have to start rebuilding their pass-catchers around an aging Diggs (with limited draft/cap capital) just as we are around Kelce. The Cowboys got Lamb when Dak was hurt.

You can have a premier QB on a 2nd contract or expensive weapons but it's really rare that you have both. It just is what it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
The next....Kadarius Toney
Yeah, pretty much.

He explained why the why and how they're gonna have to get an elite weapon. For one, those don't hit the market ever.

So it's basically draft your own, or trade for one and develop him or trade for one and pay him.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2023, 10:23 AM   #8354
Andy Reid Supporter

Just keep drafting guys. I'd bring a decently priced vet in for holdover while using a top 2 pick on one.

Maybe that vet is Darnell Mooney maybe it's Josh Reynolds. Maybe it's a trade for a former draft pick on a shit team that they think they can revive.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2023, 10:25 AM   #8355
In Search of a Life

The vet WR thing to me is just overkill.

Just play the draft picks. Draft guys that are ready to play.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.