Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 08-12-2014, 04:26 PM  
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Broncos news megathread

Discussion: All things Broncos.

Last edited by ROYC75; 01-11-2017 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Change Title, Please?
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM   #76261
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
I never said no credit for Mahomes. I said there’s way more luck involved than anyone ever acknowledges. And I pointed out that, if Veach really was a prodigy in spotting QB talent, he would have identified Dak.

And they didn’t really pass on him. Like everyone else, they had no idea how good he’d be.
Or, Veach is such a QB drafting savant that he identified Dak as the mediocre talent he is and passed.

Goddam. Thanks for giving me ANOTHER reason why Veach is the best.
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #76262
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
You're going to look great as a QB against prevent. And if you had rough stats prior to that coverage look, your stats on the day will improve.

That's exactly what happened, man.
Why didn’t you answer my question?
manchambo has disabled reputation
Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM   #76263
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydogg58 View Post
Or, Veach is such a QB drafting savant that he identified Dak as the mediocre talent he is and passed.

Goddam. Thanks for giving me ANOTHER reason why Veach is the best.
That’s just dumb. Picking Dak with a 4th round pick would be genius for the trade value alone.
Old Yesterday, 08:37 PM   #76264
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Why didn’t you answer my question?
Were the Chiefs allowing cheap shit and playing less aggressively?

Then yes. I would call that garbage yards for Lamar in his final stat line.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:37 PM   #76265
Veteran

Quote:
That’s just dumb. Picking Dak with a 4th round pick would be genius for the trade value alone.
****, I forgot Dak was a 4th rounder. Thank God Veach didn't waste a 4th on him.

How many more reasons are you going to give me to love Veach any more tonight?
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM   #76266
MVP

Quote:
Why wouldn't I go with Dak? If Veach is a QB-identifying savant, why would he not have drafted him in the third or fourth round?

It's not like he knew they'd get Mahomes the next year.

The point about "my coach" only proves my point. He didn't know how good Mahomes would be and no one else did. If they did, there would have been an all out bidding war for the first pick.
Maybe because he’d already been scouting Mahomes in 2016 with Texas Tech and if even bothered to scout Dak at all prior to the 2016 Draft he likely scouted him based on comparing him to Mahomes and what he could become and thought ‘nah, this guy doesn’t measure up to what I’m seeing from this kid at TT.’

So why bother recommending drafting a QB like Dak when he had already fallen in love with Mahomes traits and what he could become?

He was pounding the table for Mahomes from 2016 on. It’s not like he was gonna recommend any other college QB at that point. He had found his guy and locked in on him.
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM   #76267
Special Teams ACE!!!

So let's take manchambo's ridiculous Dak logic seriously for a second. Just for shits.

Veach wasn't in charge in 2016. It'd be at least another full year before Dorsey would get fired and another month or two after that before Veach actually got the job.

In other words... nice try.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM   #76268
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin View Post
Maybe because he’d already been scouting Mahomes in 2016 with Texas Tech and if even bothered to scout Dak at all prior to the 2016 Draft he likely scouted him based on comparing him to Mahomes and what he could become and thought ‘nah, this guy doesn’t measure up to what I’m seeing from this kid at TT.’

So why bother recommending drafting a QB like Dak when he had already fallen in love with Mahomes traits and what he could become?

He was pounding the table for Mahomes from 2016 on. It’s not like he was gonna recommend any other college QB at that point. He had found his guy and locked in on him.
Because there was no basis to believe they’d get Mahomes in 2017. And because the only thing better than one good QB is two. You either have a good backup, for the low price of a 4th round pick, or insurance if Mahomes gets hurt or turns out not as good as you thought, or a valuable trade.
Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM   #76269
MVP

Quote:
it's not like there's a whole lot of daylight between Nix's week 1 performance and Williams or Daniels.
2/12 on throws over 10 yards...two of which were terrible INTs isnt encouraging.

You already know he can be accurate on passes near the line of scrimmage...his NFL success hinges on the ability to develop his intermediate game. I said this a few weeks ago...

Those two INTs were panic throws...and two others were dropped. You cant teach football intuition/instinct...Alex Smith is the posterboy for this. He didnt have "it"...had a lot of good things but failed when it mattered.

I see Nix's career ceiling as a high functioning backup...I dont think he'll ever be able to go toe-to-toe with the Allens/Mahomes of the AFC.
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.