Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2023, 03:13 PM   #6481
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
They just took shots with Moore in the 2nd, and a 3rd for Toney. They were gonna play those guys, right or wrong.

You keep saying "spend" when they aren't gonna cap themselves in future years with alot of those home grown draft picks coming up that are gonna need paid.

They'll spend, probably cut MVS etc.

But they aren't gonna go blow out the WR market with money. If they do, honestly, they're dumb for not just doing it with Tyreek.
No one here is proposing that.

Stop arguing with yourself.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2023, 03:13 PM   #6482
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
They just took shots with Moore in the 2nd, and a 3rd for Toney. They were gonna play those guys, right or wrong.

You keep saying "spend" when they aren't gonna cap themselves in future years with alot of those home grown draft picks coming up that are gonna need paid.

They'll spend, probably cut MVS etc.

But they aren't gonna go blow out the WR market with money. If they do, honestly, they're dumb for not just doing it with Tyreek.
How much do you think Aiyuk is going to cost?
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2023, 03:13 PM   #6483
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
No it doesn't. We just have to make smarter decisions. Rice is a good step. You can have good WRs without breaking the bank. It's just that 3 of the WRs we've used 2nd and 3rd round picks on have sucked so far overall. Make better decisions with those picks and we're not having this conversation.
Nobody bats 1.000.

And Veach has done far better than most with the success rate of his picks.

Now if you want to try to argue that we're still cycling through some of the 'graying' of the Pioli-era defense and the necessary capital that got plowed into that...well, I can accept that. I mean it's a little attenuated at this point (and certainly strikes me as a situation where you're too late in the game to be blaming the past administration), but just saying "Man, Veach has to do better" when he's very possibly been the best drafter in football the last 3-4 years is sure asking a lot.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2023, 03:14 PM   #6484
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Not really. I don't think a 2nd and 3rd rounder having 328 yards combined in 9 games is how it's gonna go most of the time. The worst WR drafted in the 2023 2nd round is Mingo so far and he has 200 yards by himself on a shit offense. So I can't buy 328 yards from a 2nd year player and a 3rd year player combined on a team quarterbacked by Patrick Mahomes as how it's going to go most of the time.
Most of your mid round WR's aren't gonna end up being more than 3rd WR's in good rooms.

It's why we shouldn't be shy about trading some picks for players.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2023, 03:14 PM   #6485
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
No one here is proposing that.

Stop arguing with yourself.
You're the one saying "worst WR room' then advocating for....Darnell Mooney.

He's going to make the difference in the offense huh?

So yeah.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 03:15 PM   #6486
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Nobody bats 1.000.

Now if you want to try to argue that we're still cycling through some of the 'graying' of the Pioli-era defense and the necessary capital that got plowed into that...well, I can accept that. I mean it's a little attenuated at this point (and certainly strikes me as a situation where you're too late in the game to be blaming the past administration), but just saying "Man, Veach has to do better" when he's very possibly been the best drafter in football the last 3-4 years is sure asking a lot.

He's been a great GM but his recent misses were on the offensive side of the ball and he didn't fix that but doubled down on "developing" players like Skyy Moore.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2023, 03:16 PM   #6487
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Nobody bats 1.000.

You don't have to bat 1.000. I didn't say that. He's been very good drafting. He might be the best drafter of secondary players I have ever seen. But so far, his WR picks haven't been great or even average overall. You can acknowledge that and still think he's a very good GM.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2023, 03:16 PM   #6488
In Search of a Life

Quote:
How much do you think Aiyuk is going to cost?
Shit.....alot.

It's probably a pipe dream and it would sting to have to go trade and pay a guy after you just traded the best WR in football.
Old 11-09-2023, 03:16 PM   #6489
Generational Player

Quote:
You're the one saying "worst WR room' then advocating for....Darnell Mooney.

He's going to make the difference in the offense huh?

So yeah.
You complain about not spending $$$ and when a good player that is not super expensive is brought up you run that down too.

If Mooney was running that route MVS was running he catches that last week.
Old 11-09-2023, 03:16 PM   #6490
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Most of your mid round WR's aren't gonna end up being more than 3rd WR's in good rooms.

It's why we shouldn't be shy about trading some picks for players.
2nd and 3rd rounder aren't mid rounds.
Old 11-09-2023, 03:17 PM   #6491
In Search of a Life

Quote:
You don't have to bat 1.000. I didn't say that. He's been very good drafting. He might be the best drafter of secondary players I have ever seen. But so far, his WR picks haven't been great or even average overall. You can acknowledge that and still think he's a very good GM.
You're saying his 2 bad WR pick ups are causing the issues. I'd say that's about as close to expecting him to bat 1.000
Old 11-09-2023, 03:18 PM   #6492
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
You complain about not spending $$$ and when a good player that is not super expensive is brought up you run that down too.

If Mooney was running that route MVS was running he catches that last week.
Mooney is gonna cost 15 plus a year. I'd say that's probably pretty expensive for what kind of player he is.
Old 11-09-2023, 03:19 PM   #6493
In Search of a Life

Quote:
2nd and 3rd rounder aren't mid rounds.
Ok, sorry.

Most of your 2nd round picks are gonna end up alot more Mecole Hardman than whoever elite WR you expect them to be.
Old 11-09-2023, 03:20 PM   #6494
Generational Player

Quote:
Mooney is gonna cost 15 plus a year. I'd say that's probably pretty expensive for what kind of player he is.
Actually that is my view. I was told I was crazy and he sucks and won't get that.

But if you can give MVS 10, Mooney is worth every penny of anything within a few million of that.
Old 11-09-2023, 03:20 PM   #6495
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Shit.....alot.

It's probably a pipe dream and it would sting to have to go trade and pay a guy after you just traded the best WR in football.
I'll be honest and I've said this before. You can't convince me the cap is an issue when we just added 40mil to Mahomes cap number the next 4 years for seemingly no reason other than to make sure he stays on the top paid QBs list.

If Veach wants a player bad enough, he'll make the cap work to get him.