Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 01:28 AM   #1651
I've Made a Huge Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Is it weird that I want to see the Jets succeed? I find them to be the least objectionable of the AFC East teams at this point and their fans, as abused as they have been historically, are actually pretty damn good and loyal to a fault.

C'mon Jets - please give this a try? Your defense is awesome and you have enough weapons to do some real damage with a guy like Cousins.

I wanna see you guys take some air out of Buffalo and that douchepickle Mike McDaniel.
I agree the Jets doing well is good for us but I personally enjoy every bit of misery their fan base goes through. It's well deserved.
NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 09-19-2023, 02:30 AM   #1652
MVP

Weren't we saying the same thing last year?
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 02:59 AM   #1653
DeadPunisher

I am absolutely convinced that as great as Veach is at scouting quarterbacks, he is equally as inept at scouting wide receivers.

Do the Chiefs need to change or update what they value when scouting wide receivers?

Is there something with guys like Watson, Pickens, Metcalf, McLaurin, and maybe Mims, Mingo, and Hyatt that other teams see that the Chiefs don't?

Do the Chiefs need to change how they coach wide receivers?

Are the teams that drafted those players just better at coaching wide receivers? Because those players have definitely played better and already made positive impacts for their teams.

If Alex Smith was still our QB, I would absolutely understand why the young wide receivers were not performing.

But, we have the best damn quarterback in the history of professional football, and the young wide receivers are garbage. I am sorry, but regardless of potential, they are performing like garbage on the field.

When the announcers talk about Mahomes bringing the receivers to Texas to workout in the off season, I hear myself asking, Did he though? Because you sure as shit can't tell. In fact, other than Kelce, obviously, it's like Mahomes met the receivers for the first time in the parking lot before the game.

Andy Reid and the Kansas City Chiefs run a passing dominant offense. A pass is when a QB throws the ball to another eligible player, in this case a WR. It makes absolutely no sense for this team to treat one half of that equation like an afterthought.

This group of wide receivers feel like an afterthought.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 03:17 AM   #1654
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I am absolutely convinced that as great as Veach is at scouting quarterbacks, he is equally as inept at scouting wide receivers.

Do the Chiefs need to change or update what they value when scouting wide receivers?

Is there something with guys like Watson, Pickens, Metcalf, McLaurin, and maybe Mims, Mingo, and Hyatt that other teams see that the Chiefs don't?

Do the Chiefs need to change how they coach wide receivers?

Are the teams that drafted those players just better at coaching wide receivers? Because those players have definitely played better and already made positive impacts for their teams.

If Alex Smith was still our QB, I would absolutely understand why the young wide receivers were not performing.

But, we have the best damn quarterback in the history of professional football, and the young wide receivers are garbage. I am sorry, but regardless of potential, they are performing like garbage on the field.

When the announcers talk about Mahomes bringing the receivers to Texas to workout in the off season, I hear myself asking, Did he though? Because you sure as shit can't tell. In fact, other than Kelce, obviously, it's like Mahomes met the receivers for the first time in the parking lot before the game.

Andy Reid and the Kansas City Chiefs run a passing dominant offense. A pass is when a QB throws the ball to another eligible player, in this case a WR. It makes absolutely no sense for this team to treat one half of that equation like an afterthought.

This group of wide receivers feel like an afterthought.
This is my favorite post.

Our young receivers are performing like garbage? You then cite Mingo as one of our potential misses when he has 5 receptions on 13 targets for 45yds. Meanwhile, our garbage 2nd round pick Rice has 5 receptions on 7 targets for 49yds (and a TD!).

Very solid argument with lots of sound statistics to back it up.

Maybe stop being so emotional because we didn't pick your draft crush.

Last edited by TwistedChief; 09-19-2023 at 03:25 AM..
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 04:00 AM   #1655
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Here are the things this offense has faced thus far.

1. We have two new tackles.

2. Pat is throwing to three guys who have had one year in the system and all three were third and fourth options at best

3. Kelce got injured

4. Toney, a guy who has only been in the systrm for a short while, missed the whole of camp.

5. Pacheco has been injured

6. There are two new guys in a system (plus Ross) that has proven to be very difficult to learn the first year.

7. EB left and Nagy took over.

So when you look at it our two most talented wideouts (Kelce and Toney) have had issues and all the others are have either never been super productive before (Mvs, Watson & James) or young and still finding their feet (Moore, Rice & Ross).

Juju, Hardman and Fortson all missing from the roster and Nagy taking over as OC it was always gonna mean a transition period was due.

Last edited by UChieffyBugger; 09-19-2023 at 04:27 AM..
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-19-2023, 04:19 AM   #1656
Veteran

7. Lost OC
xztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 09-19-2023, 04:28 AM   #1657
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by xztop123 View Post
7. Lost OC
Thanks for that I just added it to the list .
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-19-2023, 04:48 AM   #1658
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Hypothetically if we do grow our own WRs and it works out we might have someone put up a 1,200 yard 6-8 TD season and come asking for $20 million a year. You game with just letting them walk after their rookie contract and trying to recreate the wheel at WR all over again?
Depends on who else we're paying at that point in time. It's not about being cheap, it's about the entire roster health.

My hypothetical guess would be that Kelce would be nearing retirement, if not already retired, so probably you pay that second contract.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 05:07 AM   #1659
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I’m plenty supportive. I don’t mind spending money. But I’ve fully acknowledged that consistent and repeated effort to upgrade WR in the draft is fine too.

I don’t know if you are aware that this pre-dates drafting rashee rice. People were content with just replacing juju with skyy. Many would have been unphased if we were totally unaggressive about attacking tje WR position. And most people claiming otherwise are being disingenuous.

To the point of claiming WR1s are regressive. They hog targets. Mahomes would abandon efifciency or feel pressured to force targets. Their words, not mine. So yeah I’m just a little frustrated when people try to act like they’ve been there all along as if they weren’t fighting tooth and nail for status quo at WR.
No, you're twisting things again.

The argument was that if you're paying a guy $25m to be the star WR, then you have to get your money's worth because you have weakened other positions. So you're filling your WR room with low picks, UDFA's because you're trying to balance all the other positions with your higher picks to field a complete team.

So you have a Tyreek, and a Drob, and a Pringle because you had to use your premium picks on defense and offensive line. When you were paying two receivers market price, you weren't paying Mahomes yet, so no more Sammy Watkins types.

So yes, I think that's regression. We saw dimishing returns two years in a row with Tyreek and scrubs. You can't have a Tyreek AND other high investment WRs AND a defense without totally ****ing the cap.

There's a hard limit on resources. Only so many cap dollars, only so many draft picks.

If Rice quickly becomes a young DeAndre Hopkins, and puts up a thousand yards and ten touchdowns, that's great!
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 05:25 AM   #1660
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Do you support Veach’s apparent plans to find cheaper (relatively) veteran WRs and continuing to draft and develop WRs with mid-round picks?

Yeah, Skyy is disappointing and we want more Rice. I get it. But do you find that to be the best possible strategy to acquiring great and dependable WRs given that we’ve decided to spend heavy in the trenches?
I don't think that's how it's drawn up but when you're drafting 30 or later every year it's the way of life.

Being a champion isn't a priority for half of CP.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 05:34 AM   #1661
In Search of a Life

I'm going to go with the "7 WR's on the roster is too many" crowd. Too many different receivers to try and get in sync with for Mahomes. But the good news is that all 4 of the young guys made the roster, and are getting snaps. And as we discussed back in early August, hopefully once the calendar rolls around to November, we will see the number of snaps per game at WR start to migrate heavily towards those 4 young guys.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-19-2023, 05:42 AM   #1662
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
I'm going to go with the "7 WR's on the roster is too many" crowd. Too many different receivers to try and get in sync with for Mahomes. But the good news is that all 4 of the young guys made the roster, and are getting snaps. And as we discussed back in early August, hopefully once the calendar rolls around to November, we will see the number of snaps per game at WR start to migrate heavily towards those 4 young guys.
It already is, incrementally.
Old 09-19-2023, 05:45 AM   #1663
Veteran

I think the key is now Rice and how quickly he can absorb things and take more snaps. He seems to be working from the slot a fair bit and to be honest looks like he has a better feel for zone than Moore. I'd expected Moore to take over from JJSS, but maybe it's just Rice later in the season. If the defense keeps us in games until then we're good. That way even if the rest of our WRs show little development you're getting roughly what you got last year.

MVS - mediocre decoy who takes over the odd game or has the odd key contribution. Same as last year
KT - covers Hardman gadget plays, the odd PR, erratic but some key contributions, same as last year
Rice - Gradually increases snaps and takes the JJSS role mid-season
Moore - who knows, same as last year, it probably doesn't matter
Ross - red zone threat replaces Fortson?
James - Average PR guy who replaces and improves upon Moore from last year
Watson- same role as last year

Basically if Rice grows into the JJSS role everyone else can stand still and we'd be good. Not a certainty but it doesn't require a giant leap of faith either i don't think.

Last edited by JPH83; 09-19-2023 at 05:46 AM.. Reason: Typo
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-19-2023, 05:50 AM   #1664
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
I think the key is now Rice and how quickly he can absorb things and take more snaps. He seems to be working from the slot a fair bit and to be honest looks like he has a better feel for zone than Moore. I'd expected Moore to take over from JJSS, but maybe it's just Rice later in the season. If the defense keeps us in games until then we're good. That way even if the rest of our WRs show little development you're getting roughly what you got last year.

MVS - mediocre decoy who takes over the odd game or has the odd key contribution. Same as last year
KT - covers Hardman gadget plays, the odd PR, erratic but some key contributions, same as last year
Rice - Gradually increases snaps and takes the JJSS role mid-season
Moore - who knows, same as last year, it probably doesn't matter
Ross - red zone threat replaces Fortson?
James - Average PR guy who replaces and improves upon Moore from last year
Watson- same role as last year

Basically if Rice grows into the JJSS role everyone else can stand still and we'd be good. Not a certainty but it doesn't require a giant leap of faith either i don't think.
I doubt it's a simple one to one replacement situation.
Old 09-19-2023, 05:51 AM   #1665
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I’m plenty supportive. I don’t mind spending money. But I’ve fully acknowledged that consistent and repeated effort to upgrade WR in the draft is fine too.

I don’t know if you are aware that this pre-dates drafting rashee rice. People were content with just replacing juju with skyy. Many would have been unphased if we were totally unaggressive about attacking tje WR position. And most people claiming otherwise are being disingenuous.

To the point of claiming WR1s are regressive. They hog targets. Mahomes would abandon efifciency or feel pressured to force targets. Their words, not mine. So yeah I’m just a little frustrated when people try to act like they’ve been there all along as if they weren’t fighting tooth and nail for status quo at WR.
We can armchair GM all day and it's fun, but at the end of the day I think a lot of people are content with whatever decisions are made by Veach + Mahomes + Reid, because things have worked out pretty damn well.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.