Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Tell him the truth now or give him one last Christmas with Santa
Tell him the truth now 8 18.18%
Give him one last Christmas with Santa 31 70.45%
Gaz (yes, I'm old school CP) 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old Today, 08:51 AM   Topic Starter
You think you can get by this?

Is my kiddo too old for Santa?

My kiddo is 8 (hard to believe, right?) and in 3rd grade. I feel like we could get by with the Santa thing one more Christmas, but I don't want to be the parent taking the big kid to see Santa, ya know?

Our Santa tradition includes:
Going to see him
Me sending a letter from Santa with a Certificate of Nice List shortly after visit
Leaving milk and cookies with a thank you note Christmas Eve
Having one Santa gift Christmas morning (the one thing he asked for, which is never too expensive or too cheap)

What do you think? Tell him the truth now or give him one last Christmas with Santa?
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:52 AM   #2
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Heck no! Blast that at full volume!!

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:55 AM   #3
Snacks Are Under My Apron

I let mine go as long as they could believing in Santa. I never changed my game. I still push the Santa is real card, only now I express it as “The Spirit of Santa”. I even have my grands write me a list as a “Letter to Santa”

Some of us still have Hobo Spirit 22
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag View Post
I let mine go as long as they could believing in Santa. I still push the Santa is real card, only now I express it as “The Spirit of Santa”.

Yeah, we plan to go from "real person" Santa to it being our responsibility to keep that spirit alive by doing good deeds and treating others with kindness.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
Yeah, we plan to go from "real person" Santa to it being our responsibility to keep that spirit alive by doing good deeds and treating others with kindness.
Yeah, I’m a holiday guy. I like to go all out and share every holiday with everyone. I do King Size Candy bars for Halloween with a handful of trinket shit I buy off Amazon (spiders, eyeballs and shit). Dress Red, White and Blue for Independence Day. I try to cover them all. I also decorate overboard for Halloween, it’s my favorite.
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:24 PM   #6
Banned!

Quote:
I let mine go as long as they could believing in Santa. I never changed my game. I still push the Santa is real card, only now I express it as “The Spirit of Santa”. I even have my grands write me a list as a “Letter to Santa”

Pretty much this.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:56 AM   #7
Constable of Untruths

I'd let your kid believe in Santa until he brings it up and starts asking questions. Nothing wrong with holding onto the magical side of the Christmas season for a little while longer.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 24 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:08 AM   #8
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I'd let your kid believe in Santa until he brings it up and starts asking questions. Nothing wrong with holding onto the magical side of the Christmas season for a little while longer.
This is exactly what we did with our 4 kids. Eventually, they either start asking questions & figure it out on their own, or someone at school says something. It's kind of a running joke in the house now - but we STILL do a "Santa" present for them in the morning.... kids are 25, 19, 18, & 16.

Because I enjoy Christmas, I've always said let the kids hold onto the magic as long as possible.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
This is exactly what we did with our 4 kids. Eventually, they either start asking questions & figure it out on their own, or someone at school says something. It's kind of a running joke in the house now - but we STILL do a "Santa" present for them in the morning.... kids are 25, 19, 18, & 16.

Because I enjoy Christmas, I've always said let the kids hold onto the magic as long as possible.
How are your kids that old? Of course, the last time we all hung out, I didn't even have one.

My husband likes to put all of the presents he wraps for him from Santa. This is why I'm in charge of wrapping.
Old Today, 09:40 AM   #10
Veteran

Quote:
How are your kids that old? Of course, the last time we all hung out, I didn't even have one.

My husband likes to put all of the presents he wraps for him from Santa. This is why I'm in charge of wrapping.
We have always just had 1 big present be from Santa. I can see how it would be different if everything came from Santa.

Still....Keep the dream alive as long as possible!
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 09:56 AM   #11
In Search of a Life

Quote:

It's been a long time since we've all hung out.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:42 PM   #12

Quote:

We have always wrapped gifts that were for someone from someone. Santa gifts were always set up like displays, assembled and ready to play. Stocking filled to the top overflowing. So I just continued from my experience growing up. I try to make it great for everyone I can.
Old Today, 02:58 PM   #13

Quote:
We have always wrapped gifts that were for someone from someone. Santa gifts were always set up like displays, assembled and ready to play. Stocking filled to the top overflowing. So I just continued from my experience growing up. I try to make it great for everyone I can.
I've got special Santa gift only wrapping paper and gift tags. And I don't want him thinking every gift is from Santa...lol. I think my husband just never had enough Santa magic when he was little.
Old Today, 10:24 AM   #14
Facts are stubborn things.

Quote:
Absolutely.

This is a small thing in the grand scheme but it is an aspect of innocence lost once the truth comes out and once it’s gone it’s gone.
warpaint* threw an interception on a screen pass.warpaint* threw an interception on a screen pass.warpaint* threw an interception on a screen pass.warpaint* threw an interception on a screen pass.warpaint* threw an interception on a screen pass.warpaint* threw an interception on a screen pass.warpaint* threw an interception on a screen pass.warpaint* threw an interception on a screen pass.warpaint* threw an interception on a screen pass.warpaint* threw an interception on a screen pass.warpaint* threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 11:18 AM   #15
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Agreed. Let him decide when to stop believing in Santa
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.