Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Tell him the truth now or give him one last Christmas with Santa
Tell him the truth now 5 18.52%
Give him one last Christmas with Santa 19 70.37%
Gaz (yes, I'm old school CP) 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old Today, 08:51 AM  
You think you can get by this?

Is my kiddo too old for Santa?

My kiddo is 8 (hard to believe, right?) and in 3rd grade. I feel like we could get by with the Santa thing one more Christmas, but I don't want to be the parent taking the big kid to see Santa, ya know?

Our Santa tradition includes:
Going to see him
Me sending a letter from Santa with a Certificate of Nice List shortly after visit
Leaving milk and cookies with a thank you note Christmas Eve
Having one Santa gift Christmas morning (the one thing he asked for, which is never too expensive or too cheap)

What do you think? Tell him the truth now or give him one last Christmas with Santa?
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:41 AM   #46
MVP

You could go with the middle ground and tell him that Santa broke apart in mid-air and will no longer be visiting.
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 10:48 AM   #47
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepp View Post
You could go with the middle ground and tell him that Santa broke apart in mid-air and will no longer be visiting.

nah

santa > frankie
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:55 AM   #48
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I will say that this is kinda why our kids don't get the 'big gift' from Santa.

I always did. If I got a bicycle or Nintendo or whatever, that was the Santa present.

But it occurred to me that these kids all tell each other what Santa brought them. What...Santa just doesn't like poor kids?

"Oh, Santa brought you a Nerf Football? Huh...he brought me hoverboard. That's weird..."

So our Santa present is usually in the $50-100 range; a little more expensive than some kids may get, but not so much that 6 year olds are going to notice a difference. The bikes and giant lego sets and remote control airplanes and what not - those come from mom and dad. When the oldest got her hunting rifle, Santa didn't bring that shit - I did.
Yeah. Same.

Ours is the other end though, years ago, she had the opposite. Kids getting ****ing fancy shit and monster truck tickets and shit. They got like candy and some trinkety shit. I pad and big shit comes from us.

It's tough for me to swallow my tongue and not say, "mom and dad are cheap asses because we don't want you to turn out like...*checks notes* that kid."

Wife is also big on wanting to do things rather than have bullshit things, which is smart because our kids are very shortsighted with stuff. Most of the time they're over the moon for some bullshit $5 stuffed animal or whatever over a big nice toyset or something. As the dude cutting the check it's infuriating.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:08 AM   #49
Starter

I've never told my girls (17 & 14) there isn't a Santa. They've never said there isn't a one. Anytime they mention an issue with the "lie", I play dumb. They still get gifts from Santa. Its just that now Santa gets them the clothes and underwear and I get them the good stuff!
Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 11:12 AM   #50
MVP

Let him bring it up. 8 is definitely not too old either. I have an 11, 6, and 3 year old. My 11 year old hasn't ever brought it up, so I'm not sure if she still believes. I would never tell any of my girls he wasn't real, because I wouldn't want to ruin that little bit of magic they get to experience.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 11:18 AM   #51
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I'd let your kid believe in Santa until he brings it up and starts asking questions. Nothing wrong with holding onto the magical side of the Christmas season for a little while longer.
Agreed. Let him decide when to stop believing in Santa
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.