Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2018, 05:38 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power

Premieres Sept. 2nd

Last edited by BigRedChief; 07-23-2022 at 02:59 PM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:16 AM   #721
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Agree on the Hobbit trilogy. But you can’t get on someone for not having read the source material and then say who cares if it’s not followed. You can still have plenty of fan fiction without going against what is already written. The second age is easily the one with the least amount of source material. They can take creative liberties all they want with that.
I'm saying people bitching about "source material" likely haven't even read it. They're just parroting what the hardcore sperglords are bitching about.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:36 AM   #722
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
I'm saying people bitching about "source material" likely haven't even read it. They're just parroting what the hardcore sperglords are bitching about.
Purists will always complain. There was a lot left out of the LOTR trilogy along with some creative liberties. That will always happen regardless. Of all Tolkien adaptations this series has the potential to be amazing by not deviating from certain things that we already know. Stick to that and then fill in the details as seen fit.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old Today, 11:51 AM   #723
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I've not read the books for decades, but even I know the writers are taking massive liberties with the characters and source material. I did not care for season 1, but so far this season has been "better" enough to keep me interested, but I say that knowing this isn't how Tolkien wrote it or intended it to be deciphered. I guess I'm looking at it as Nerdrotic described it - fan fiction brought to life by a Bond villain in Bezos (I'm keeping that description btw, lol).

2) The writers trying to present the Orcs as creatures deserving sympathy with the one male Orc attempting to protect his Orc family by protesting going to war. Orcs are BRED for war and want nothing else, not sympathetic and misunderstood creatures. That totally threw me out of the moment (not to mention the messaging they're trying to send there, but that's another issue).
Are orcs really orcs yet? this is the first generation. They're just bastard half elves at this point. As they interbreed they become even dumber and more violent. Do they deserve sympathy? No. But they also aren't the orcs of LOTR yet.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old Today, 12:06 PM   #724
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Are orcs really orcs yet? this is the first generation. They're just bastard half elves at this point. As they interbreed they become even dumber and more violent. Do they deserve sympathy? No. But they also aren't the orcs of LOTR yet.
Not really. They were created by Morgoth in the First Age. Used in many battles in that time period. If anything. the source material gave the impression that they started as mindless evil soldiers incapable of empathy, and then slowly became more intelligent over time to the point of talking and having conversation in the LotR books.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:00 PM   #725
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Not really. They were created by Morgoth in the First Age. Used in many battles in that time period. If anything. the source material gave the impression that they started as mindless evil soldiers incapable of empathy, and then slowly became more intelligent over time to the point of talking and having conversation in the LotR books.
So AI gives a few explanations. I havent and probably wont read the similaron. But i was under the impression from fan lore many years ago that they were elves turned bad basically. So thats what i was thinking when watching. And that lines up with whats ont he screen. Heres the AI search

Tortured Elves
In The Silmarillion, Tolkien suggests that the first orcs were created from captured Elves who were enslaved, tortured, and bred by Morgoth, also known as Melkor. Morgoth's elves called themselves the Moriondor, or "Sons of the Dark".

Evil Elves
The Silmarillion also suggests that some Elves may have turned evil and savage in the wild.

Created from Earth
In The Book of Lost Tales, Tolkien describes Melkor creating orcs directly from the earth.

Men
Later writings, such as Myths Transformed, suggest that orcs may have originated from Men.

The word "orc" comes from older words for monsters, including "ogre". Tolkien also drew inspiration from George MacDonald's The Princess and the Goblin.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old Today, 02:31 PM   #726
MVP

This show is so ****ing dumb.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 03:09 PM   #727
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
This show is so ****ing dumb.
I don't think I've ever seen you make a positive post about anything. You must be an incredibly miserable person, who is so miserable he spends most of his time going around shitting on anything anyone else enjoys so he can try to make the rest of the world as miserable as he is. I pity you.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.