Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-23-2007, 08:40 AM  
"Think BOOM!"

Gasoline over $4 coming to a pump near you because this thread is ass

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=afOlUzd30YOo

Pretty alarmist, IMO, but possible.

Spoiler!
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2022, 09:15 AM   #1636
Starter

Since I cannot influence the cost of gas tried an experiment on I-35 going to a Royals game....Yes I know "Royals" bought tickets in April. Back to my point, I drove 70 mph instead of 75 mph + and my mileage instant mileage reading jump for my 190 mile trip from 20.9 miles per gallon to average of 22.3 in my 2018 F-150. It was a calm day, so no cross wind, but maybe if some people slowed down a little, or even went the speed limit, they might see some improvement. Or, just keep complaining and drive faster because of all the stress!
CatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 06-08-2022, 09:24 AM   #1637
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatinKS View Post
Since I cannot influence the cost of gas tried an experiment on I-35 going to a Royals game....Yes I know "Royals" bought tickets in April. Back to my point, I drove 70 mph instead of 75 mph + and my mileage instant mileage reading jump for my 190 mile trip from 20.9 miles per gallon to average of 22.3 in my 2018 F-150. It was a calm day, so no cross wind, but maybe if some people slowed down a little, or even went the speed limit, they might see some improvement. Or, just keep complaining and drive faster because of all the stress!
Are any of those mpg readings ever accurate? I've found them to be questionable at best.
AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-08-2022, 09:25 AM   #1638
Live free or die hard

If anything good came out of the COVID shit show it's that it showed how effective it can be working from home in professions that can accommodate remote production.

I haven't driven more than a 25 miles in the last 2 weeks and that was for groceries and dropping off papers which were too sensitive to be faxed.

Living in a small town with a mountain bike trail that goes from end to end and a system which not only accommodates but encourages and protects is a big plus.

Based on what I'm reading and hearing gas prices haven't peaked and will not go down for months.

Noticed a lot of bare spots on the grocery store shelves on top of astronomical prices. Buckle up boys.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2022, 11:30 AM   #1639
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush View Post
Are any of those mpg readings ever accurate? I've found them to be questionable at best.
Depends on the car brand somewhat I've found. My Volvo tends to be pretty damn close most of the time when I manually calculate it when I fill up. Though it is always a bit optimistic.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-08-2022, 11:37 AM   #1640
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
If anything good came out of the COVID shit show it's that it showed how effective it can be working from home in professions that can accommodate remote production.

I haven't driven more than a 25 miles in the last 2 weeks and that was for groceries and dropping off papers which were too sensitive to be faxed.

Living in a small town with a mountain bike trail that goes from end to end and a system which not only accommodates but encourages and protects is a big plus.

Based on what I'm reading and hearing gas prices haven't peaked and will not go down for months.

Noticed a lot of bare spots on the grocery store shelves on top of astronomical prices. Buckle up boys.
We'll never see 87 octane below $3.00 again.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:51 PM   #1641
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
We'll never see 87 octane below $3.00 again.
Possible, though I'd say unlikely.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-08-2022, 01:07 PM   #1642
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatinKS View Post
Yep, let's just all drive no more than 55 again.
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-08-2022, 01:23 PM   #1643
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae View Post
Yep, let's just all drive no more than 55 again.
Hypermiling is gonna be a thing again.

So there's that.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2022, 02:31 PM   #1644
MVP

This is my current solution. I have a 15 mile commute and this thumper gets an average of 64 mpg.
Of course how you drive it matters. I like to throttle it and have fun, so millage goes significantly down. I took it grocery shopping the other day and the bonus with that is you can't purchase more then $125 because they won't fit in your bags.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2022, 05:51 PM   #1645
Roy E.

Went from $4.45 to $4.69 in Olathe.
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2022, 05:59 PM   #1646
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum Ripper View Post
June 7, Columbia MO

Gas seems to leveled off for a bit at a wonderfully reasonable price of $4.59

Just in case anyone is curious filling up a 1977 Chevy K20 sucks butthole at a fuel sipping 12 mpg.

June 8, Columbia MO

Stations started dropping to $4.54

So we are $4.54-$4.59
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2022, 06:33 PM   #1647
I am Number Six

$4.76.9 here in Columbia, MD at the local Costco. ($5.23 for premium)

Do not want to guess what the regular stations are charging.
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-08-2022, 06:37 PM   #1648
Veteran

$5.59 in NW IN tonight.
wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-08-2022, 08:48 PM   #1649
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler08 View Post
$5.59 in NW IN tonight.
oh joy. heading that way saturday

4.79 in MPLS
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2022, 09:49 PM   #1650
Mod Team

$5.50 in Phoenix today for me.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.