Old 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM  
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Josh Gordon to Chiefs

DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation
Old 10-02-2021, 08:22 AM   #871
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
It saddens me that so many people hate him now because of his last season.
People aren't mad at Berry for his last season. Berry came back from Cancer and had 3 good season. 2 under contract, 1 under a tagged contract.

He got pissed because the team didn't offer him as much as he thought he was worth. He got pissed because the team wanted him to take out an insurance policy about future Cancer. He was insulted. Berry went to Reid and got him to go over John Dorsey's head. Clark Hunt flew up to KC and negotiated the contract. Dorsey wanted to keep Houston, Reid kept Berry instead and got Dorsey fired.

Reid/Hunt agreed to a contract with Berry for 6yrs/78m w/40 million guaranteed.

Berry played 3 more games as a chiefs after signing huge contract. He retiring, leaving 8m per year in year in dead money for the next 2 years.

He also made the comment in his last season that seems to sum up his desire to play anymore after getting paid. "I felt like I probably could have come back last week(from heal injury)but I'm hesitant, didn't feel it in my spirit so I just said I'll wait"

That's why the fans are pissed, he fought for a big contract, created a battler between the HC and GM, then quit immediately. Played 3 games for like 40 million dollars.

Let's not just wash over all the other crap that happen. It wasn't just 1 year.
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 08:37 AM   #872
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
People aren't mad at Berry for his last season. Berry came back from Cancer and had 3 good season. 2 under contract, 1 under a tagged contract.

He got pissed because the team didn't offer him as much as he thought he was worth. He got pissed because the team wanted him to take out an insurance policy about future Cancer. He was insulted. Berry went to Reid and got him to go over John Dorsey's head. Clark Hunt flew up to KC and negotiated the contract. Dorsey wanted to keep Houston, Reid kept Berry instead and got Dorsey fired.

Berry played 3 more games as a chiefs after signing huge contract. He retiring, leaving 8m per year in year in dead money for the next 2 years.

He also made the comment in his last season that seems to sum up his desire to play anymore after getting paid. "I felt like I probably could have come back last week(from heal injury)but I'm hesitant, didn't feel it in my spirit so I just said I'll wait"

That's why the fans are pissed, he fought for a big contract, created a battler between the HC and GM, then quit immediately. Played 3 games for like 40 million dollars.

That might fly if he ditched us and went to another team. His sudden disappearance from football makes me think there's something way deeper. I think the injuries ****ed him up mentally just as much as physically.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2021, 08:42 AM   #873
Going home eventually

Berry **** the Chiefs and made no effort to play. He's an asshole.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 08:43 AM   #874
union paraplegic organizer

I thought i remember him visiting the Colts.
Thought I read a blurb about him possibly reuniting with Houston since they was buddies?
rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-02-2021, 08:48 AM   #875
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
Clyde can break tackles he just doesn’t have the speed to turn a 10-yard gain into a house call.
Clyde does not break many. What he does is carry the pile forward for a few yards after he gets caught by everyone.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 10-02-2021, 08:56 AM   #876
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtmike View Post
I thought i remember him visiting the Colts.
Thought I read a blurb about him possibly reuniting with Houston since they was buddies?
Cowboys. He didn't sign
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2021, 09:49 AM   #877
ON CP YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S BITCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
That might fly if he ditched us and went to another team. His sudden disappearance from football makes me think there's something way deeper. I think the injuries ****ed him up mentally just as much as physically.
I wonder if that’s why he acts like he has some “fear of horses?”
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2021, 10:08 AM   #878
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
If safeties are going to play high and play us conservative, quick slants and screens to Gordon will be there all ****ing day
Mahomes loves throwing those quick slants to Kelce.

Imagine having 2 chain movers in the middle of the field....
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 10-02-2021, 10:13 AM   #879
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
Cowboys. He didn't sign
Colts were a rumor, too.

I think it's clear his body is done. He and his agent made a big deal about coming back "stronger than ever" in both 2020 and 2021 and he didn't sign with the teams he was connected to.

I remember during the 2019 season a doctor had commented on Berry that our bodies sometimes don't heal the same way after extensive chemo. I just don't think he ever bounced back from his achilles tear and he could never play with the same intensity.

The idea that he planned to bounce after signing the contract doesn't hold water with me. The dude erased Gronk his prime in one of his greatest performances ever. I just don't think his body was able to recover from that injury that day. The Chiefs recognized that and cut him, and they were called "cold" at the time, but the fact he hasn't signed since shows that this was the right call.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2021, 10:16 AM   #880
I missed '69!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
Cowboys. He didn't sign
Where the Colts stuff may have come from.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2020/2/...ety-eric-berry
Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 10-02-2021, 10:17 AM   #881
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:

I know why fans were pissed. I just don't get why blame Berry for it. Nothing Berry has ever done would make me think he did all that shit maliciously and that he didn't want to fulfill his contract and help the team.

I think surgeries are so common in sports that fans lose perspective on the fact that people in general don't like being cut open. And if you've been cut open a lot and went through the trials of cancer, having another surgery might be the last thing in the world you want to do. So I understood Berry trying to manage the heel instead of getting surgery, especially when he had done the same in years prior and it had worked successfully. It just didn't this time. And it's probably the Berry-stan in me talking but I also don't believe that quote was meant to be taken in the context it was taken in. He just meant he didn't think his heel had healed enough and wanted an extra week. And turns out he was right in that it hadn't went down enough but he underestimated how much longer he needed and even 1 more week wasn't enough.

I don't know though. I just know that Berry has never seemed like the type to do this kind of shit just because or because of some bad intentions.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 10:21 AM   #882
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
The idea that he planned to bounce after signing the contract doesn't hold water with me.
I never heard anyone say that.

He played well, fought hard for a contract, then quit.

I don't think he planned it, i just think he got content with the 40 million guaranteed and quit.
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-02-2021, 10:24 AM   #883
MVP

Eric Berry, KC's very own version of the Greek God Achilles, is the very reason I'd let the Honey Badger walk after this season. With that said our defense is awful and Honey Badger is one of the few bright spots. However, he's NOT worth 20 million. He's making 14 now. I wouldn't go up much more than that. He's going to be 30, not 27. That's entering the danger zone.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 11:45 AM   #884
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
I never heard anyone say that.

He played well, fought hard for a contract, then quit.

I don't think he planned it, i just think he got content with the 40 million guaranteed and quit.
Totally sounds like something Eric berry would do. Yup.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2021, 11:53 AM   #885
sorta mod-ish

I don't think Berry was or is a quitter, but I do think he used his situation to leverage the Chiefs into the contract he got. The team wanting assurances he would be available for the long term is just good business on their part, but I also understand the potential negative perception that would have come with that just as Berry and his agent did.

It's a shame all of this happened to him. He could have legit gone down as one of the very best safeties to ever do it. His 2016 season is as good as any safety that ever played the game.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.