Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2024, 07:57 PM  
MVP

2024 NFL Draft: What would you have done differently?

What would you have done differently considering the way the board fell in the draft this year?

Round 1, #28: WR Xavier Worthy
Round 2, #63: OT Kingsley Suamataia
Round 4, #131: TE Jared Wiley
Round 4, #133: S Jaden Hicks
Round 5, #159: OL Hunter Nourzad
Round 6, #211: CB Kamal Hadden
Round 7, #248: IOL C.J. Hanson
B+

Personally, I might've gone with another weapon instead of Hicks at #133 and probably RB Watson at #248 instead of Hanson but I'm no Veach! On second thought, there were some really sexy trade up options in the 4th that I would've liked to see us tap into: Sanders, Franklin, Baker, Walker, Irving, and Wright all went in the 4th and would've been more exciting picks.

I guess MIA is getting roasted a bit in draft circles for trading a 3rd next year to move up in the 4th, so what do I know, but I would've moved up for RB Wright or Irving, maybe Baker, or especially Franklin if I could get that high up! Not too mention BTJ came within reach and I would've preferred him over Worthy, I guess. In a perfect world, maybe a small move up for WR Tahj Washington in the 7th too.

Round 1, #22: WR Brian Thomas Jr (2024 3rd + 2025 3rd)
Round 2, #63: OT Kingsley Suamataia
Round 4, #119: RB Jaylin Wright (+2025 TEN 2025 3rd)
Round 4, #131: TE Jared Wiley
Round 5, #159: OL Hunter Nourzad
Round 6, #211: CB Kamal Hadden
Round 7, #240: WR Tahj Washington (+2025 Late RD Pick Swap)
A+

In Veach We Trust!

Go Chiefs!!

3-Peat!!!

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 04-28-2024 at 09:23 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:58 PM   #2
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I don’t think Buffalo is willing to trade out of 28 if Thomas is there.

I’m glad they took a DB in the 4th. Once they had two I just really wanted Wiley and whatever DB they liked best.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 09:19 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

I’m glad they took a DB in the 4th. Once they had two I just really wanted Wiley and whatever DB they liked best.
I meant we'd have to move up further in the 1st, sorry for not clarifying.

Hindsight is 2020 but I'm always curious to hear what people think post draft.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-28-2024, 09:25 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

I really like the Wiley, Nourzard, and Hadden picks!
Old 04-28-2024, 11:10 PM   #5
MVP

I don't know, honestly...

I loved every pick.

Hicks was a super steal in round 4 in my opinion. Some, like Brugler, had him as a 2nd round pick and their top safety. He and Nubin were neck and neck for me. It would only be an "if Hicks wasn't there" situation, but I would have taken either Kris Abrams-Draine at CB or Ainias Smith at WR in that spot.

Personally, I probably would have taken Cedric Johnson at ER over Kamal Hadden there and I would have absolutely drafted Blake Watson at RB over CJ Hanson. That said, I still really like Hadden and Hanson as prospects so I'm not complaining.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 07:48 AM   #6
Veteran

I'm not smart enough to know the prospects like you all but the one point I'll make is that while the OP slate of players might be preferred for some, I'm a fan of the fact that we kept all of our ammo for next year. Looks like you gave up 3 of our picks in your alternative draft above. But as you said, Bart has earned that trust!
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-29-2024, 08:22 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5676 View Post
I'm not smart enough to know the prospects like you all but the one point I'll make is that while the OP slate of players might be preferred for some, I'm a fan of the fact that we kept all of our ammo for next year. Looks like you gave up 3 of our picks in your alternative draft above. But as you said, Bart has earned that trust!
Yeah, I like that he was able to maneuver to get the right type of guys at positions of need and hang onto those picks. Took big balls to hold tight and let the guys fall. I couldn't have stayed put for Suamataia, not at all.

I feel like those first 5 picks are absolute nails and I like the last two enough to think they could end up being contributors in the future in some way.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 08:36 AM   #8
MVP

Big time copy out but I really cant argue with anything. Worthy wasn't my favorite but its an A fit on this team I think, I loved getting Kingsley where we did Wiley, Hicks and Norzad feel like A+ fits and picks for the range. I would have liked to get a RB with some upside but we did pretty good with UDFA's there. I wouldn't have minded taking another WR or RB at pick 7 but shit I can easily see a world where Hanson is a developing project similar to what wylie was for us or and allegretti back up. He has starting upside, imagine if we got our two starting guards for 26/27 in this draft where we did?
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:07 AM   #9
MVP

Other than a RB maybe in the 5th, I have zero complaints.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:15 AM   #10
Generational Player

Would have wanted to add another WR but too lazy to go through each round and pick someone over who we got right now.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:21 AM   #11
Veteran

I feel the same as kccrow and Dunerdr, I'm struggling to even nitpick.

I didn't like Worthy as much as other options but I have zero doubt he will be well utilized, and I'm completely unconvinced the guys I did like more end up better players.

I was lower on Wiley than others here but after a run on TEs it was the best option and absolutely needed to be done. So pretty happy with that. I wasn't expecting another safety but the Hicks value was too good to pass up and makes sense as an eventual Reid placement.

I reckon in the 7th I'd have gone for a RB like Watson or Shirden. Or I might have got another WR like Rice...but I was never that high on him and there's only so many mouths to feed. I'd like them to see Moore as expendable and work to get him off the roster, but I can see why he's kept for another year.

Maybe Hadden represents a bit of overkill but again I really like the value.

I guess I'm higher on getting DT help for Jones than the Chiefs, but honestly Lovett might be enough to improve our run-stuffing. More pass-rush juice would be nice but it's hardly hurt us.

Yeah, just a really good collection of picks meeting current and future needs. They won't all hit but I've no complaints.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:25 AM   #12
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
I feel the same as kccrow and Dunerdr, I'm struggling to even nitpick.

I didn't like Worthy as much as other options but I have zero doubt he will be well utilized, and I'm completely unconvinced the guys I did like more end up better players.

I was lower on Wiley than others here but after a run on TEs it was the best option and absolutely needed to be done. So pretty happy with that. I wasn't expecting another safety but the Hicks value was too good to pass up and makes sense as an eventual Reid placement.

I reckon in the 7th I'd have gone for a RB like Watson or Shirden. Or I might have got another WR like Rice...but I was never that high on him and there's only so many mouths to feed. I'd like them to see Moore as expendable and work to get him off the roster, but I can see why he's kept for another year.

Maybe Hadden represents a bit of overkill but again I really like the value.

I guess I'm higher on getting DT help for Jones than the Chiefs, but honestly Lovett might be enough to improve our run-stuffing. More pass-rush juice would be nice but it's hardly hurt us.

Yeah, just a really good collection of picks meeting current and future needs. They won't all hit but I've no complaints.
I don't see any other WR available when we picked (including AD Mitchell) helping us more this year.

With respect to Sky Moore, his best chance at doing something worth rostering would be if we went back to a more RPO game. Without that he should be cut.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:49 AM   #13
Andy Reid Supporter

All of the WR’s went in rd 2 through early 4. Only ones left for us were Cowing and Gould which make no sense considering we drafted Worthy already.

Wanted a RB but the value they got with their day 3 picks was so good. Hicks was Dane Brugler’s #1 rated safety so it’s hard to see any other position trumping that pick.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:55 AM   #14
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I really don't have a thing I'd prefer to have done. Maybe double-dip at WR instead of interior OL.

Can't argue with either of the DB picks, as both seem like outstanding fits.

I like the value with both IOL. There are athletic traits there with both of them.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 12:39 PM   #15
MVP

Looking back there isn't a lot I'd have done differently that wouldn't have required a trade up or giving up a player we took that I also like. Veach is a wizard 'arry!
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.