Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-02-2022, 10:28 AM  
Chiefs

Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross

ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-03-2022, 07:53 PM   #211
SuperBowl or bust

Nobody loves these lottery tickets more than Veach.

NOBODY.

I bet the final WR spot is a battle between Ross and his former teammate Powell.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 07:58 PM   #212
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

I don’t think Gordon’s getting cut.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2022, 08:02 PM   #213
Starter

Powell sucks balls as a WR.

Ross is a great argument for NIL in college. After that freshman year, the kid should have been PAID.

I would line up the best doctors to give Ross the best shot possible. I just don’t see it right now.
BuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 08:11 PM   #214
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

IF this move pays off and Ross realises his potential then we're talking about one of the greatest moves in NFL history here and would just add more layers to Veach's legacy.

We're gonna have to be patient as a fanbase with this and take it step by step.

1. Let's see how this rookie mini camp goes and what the reports are from there.

2. Hopefully he'll put in some work with Pat after that camp just like the other receivers have

3. If he makes through the early period with no issues then it will be time for OTA's where again like the mini camp we will see how he does. The main thing during these early stages Is just making sure his physical health is in top shape..I won't be worried about performance at this point.

4. Then the real camp will start and this is where everything comes into play. If he's way down the depth chart that's fine...just keep building his health and giving him those reps.

5. And in the middle of camp is where I hope to see everything come together leading up to the first pre-season game and onwards.

6. Then it's the first pre-season game and getting through this from a health a perspective Is the number one goal.

If those things are accomplished then he should be well on his way to progressing up the ladder.

As for his 40 time..apparently he wasn't fully healthy which is what happened to Keenan Allen when he ran a 4.70 time so I'm not worried about it tbh. Hell even Jerry Rice ran a 4.70 aswell.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 05-03-2022, 08:12 PM   #215
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

For Ross, I think the question for me is more if his burst comes back. He didn't look as explosive planting and cutting this year as he did as a freshman. You love the size and hands strength and high-point skills. If he can get back a little of that juice (and maybe it really was the foot holding him back), he can have a good NFL career, with good health.

Sometimes, guys' bodies just can't hang on. One of my favorite college players ever was like that (Danario Alexander). Dude was actually better than Jeremy Maclin, IMO, but his knees just couldn't stay clean.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 08:33 PM   #216
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
For Ross, I think the question for me is more if his burst comes back. He didn't look as explosive planting and cutting this year as he did as a freshman. You love the size and hands strength and high-point skills. If he can get back a little of that juice (and maybe it really was the foot holding him back), he can have a good NFL career, with good health.

Sometimes, guys' bodies just can't hang on. One of my favorite college players ever was like that (Danario Alexander). Dude was actually better than Jeremy Maclin, IMO, but his knees just couldn't stay clean.
He played last season with a broken foot.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-03-2022, 08:36 PM   #217
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
I don’t think Gordon’s getting cut.
I didn't until we signed Ross. If Ross beats Gordon out, he's gone IMO. Same goes if Coleman can turn it around. They'll keep the 6th spot for a special teams guy. I'd keep my eyes on Watson for that last spot.

I'm going with

Roster 53
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Mecole Hardman
Skyy Moore
Justyn Ross
Justin Watson

Practice Squad
Daurice Fountain
Cornell Powell
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-03-2022, 08:38 PM   #218
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

** recruit Denario Alexander.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:20 PM   #219
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I didn't until we signed Ross. If Ross beats Gordon out, he's gone IMO. Same goes if Coleman can turn it around. They'll keep the 6th spot for a special teams guy. I'd keep my eyes on Watson for that last spot.

I'm going with

Roster 53
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Mecole Hardman
Skyy Moore
Justyn Ross
Justin Watson

Practice Squad
Daurice Fountain
Cornell Powell
Add OBJ and we could be electric! OBJ and Ross on the outside, JuJu and Moore at slot, MVS and Hardman as deep threats.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:32 PM   #220
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28 View Post
I wonder what Powell can even bring after having a full year not playing.Also with Skyy,i always hear how hard it is for receivers to learn Reids offense,but i hope they have some things in mind for him right away,i'm sure they do.
He’s going to return kicks (maybe punts, too.) and they will utilize him on offense more and Moore as the season starts to take shape and he builds timing with Mahomes and trust of his coaches.

This WR group has a chance to be NASTY.

*Moore is going to be a damn stud that gets open, catches the ball and runs like a running back when he has the ball in his hands.
*Juju is a really good possession WR
*MVS is a top level deep threat
*Hardman can take a short throw to the house and improved a lot towards the end of the year on timing on intermediate and deep throws
*Ross was a dominant 1 when he was healthy. He might have been a first rounder if he didn’t have the spinal/foot issues.
*Powell might surprise everyone.
*Josh Gordon has had time in the system and might want to go out with a bang.

That’s a very talented WR room for Pat to work with…especially considering what he had last year.

Hill
Hardman
Gordon
Robinson
Pringle
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:36 PM   #221
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Add OBJ and we could be electric! OBJ and Ross on the outside, JuJu and Moore at slot, MVS and Hardman as deep threats.
They don’t need another WR.

Veach has done a masterful job of overhauling the position, similarly to how he overhauled the OL last year.

These guys are all very talented and will be giving it all they’ve got to earn snaps over each other.
Old 05-03-2022, 10:17 PM   #222
It's just a ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I'm skeptical but excited about the possibilities. If he's in this good of shape i don't see teams passing on him for 7 rounds. But I'll optimistically hold my breath knowing there's nothing to lose with trying
Veach mentioned specifically that KU and KCs own staff had checked Ross out and given the green light. So sounds like a lot of that due diligence was done AFTER the draft rather than before which would explain why no one drafted him, even in the 7th. Also accounts for the day long lag between the draft and him getting signed with him being turned into a lab rat by teams' doctors to get cleared.

We kind of got lucky that Veach is Veach and kept in contact with Ross's agent, and that yenno- we have the best ****ing QB/HC combo in the league so any WR looking for a fighting chance would pack their bags and come running.

Man I am way too excited for training camp. First time I'll ever say that.
Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 11:23 PM   #223
You Sweetie!

my buddy in NC was congratulating me over and over as if I had won the lottery - so yeah - I guess that is good.

But also - I freaking knew it.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:27 PM   #224
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
my buddy in NC was congratulating me over and over as if I had won the lottery - so yeah - I guess that is good.

But also - I freaking knew it.
I knew it that you knew it!!
KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:29 PM   #225
In Search of a Life

Yea Ross is making this team. Your WRs will be Juju, Mecole, MVS, Moore, Ross, Gordon

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote