Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-29-2021, 01:21 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:40 AM   #991
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Why does a man with power deciding his own fate make him a bitch?

Seems quite the opposite.

A bitch would sit there and just be a good soldier while his team continues to crater the remaining years of his career with poor draft choices, negligence and disrespect....while he sits there like a good soldier taking it like a bitch.

It seems to me that if you believe he should shut up and stay put, then YOU'RE the bitch.
I think he's always been a bitch. Though I'd probably whine and complain a lot too if the Packers had squandered my talent for as long as they have.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:44 AM   #992
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I think he's always been a bitch. Though I'd probably whine and complain a lot too if the Packers had squandered my talent for as long as they have.
He is a bitch, but the Packers are bitches too like you said.

This whole situation is just the culmination of two arrogant bitches being passive aggressive bitches for way too long, and now it's coming to a head.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:52 AM   #993
MVP

Calling Black Op: The 2021 NFL Draft had the 3rd highest draft ratings ever. Strange after a less than stellar class and a new network deal was signed. Thanks Aaron!
Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:52 AM   #994
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Why didn't they do that in the superbowl then? They forgot?
I think the last thing they wanted was to see KC bury TB early, like they did 5 or 6 weeks earlier. I think they thought KC would come storming back, since it is what they're known for. So, the calls were made to steer the game in that direction. However, anyone who watched that game, and watches KC, could see this time it was different and that it wasn't going to happen b/c KC's OL was so severely overmatched. So, the way the game was officiated early on, just served to seal KC's fate on a day when they clearly were not their best, due to many factors.
TEX has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:54 AM   #995
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
Exactly. The deal is, you can easily tell when the officials have their marching orders. "THE CALL" happens, and other weird ones follow if needed (and sometimes it's a blatant non-call like the 2018 NFC Championship Game) and the game is altered. Those REALLY piss me off as there is NO ****ING WAY a professional Ref should EVER miss some of them...THE CALL happened to KC in this past Super Bowl when an INT near midfield was denied. Had KC been given the ball, and scored, they're right back in it.

It happens in regular season games as well. In far too many to list...Anyone remember the national televised KC at Pitt game in 2018? KC up by 3 scores, and Big Rape gets strip sacked and KC scores to go up 28, but all of a sudden there's a "holding" flag and it's nullified. Would have been GAME OVER at the half - NEVER saw the replay. SD at KC on Thursday Night Football - Remember how that ended? That was so bad, they changed the OPI rules the following year... What about KC at Oakland a few years ago? THAT was a special kind of getting jobbed. Happened throughout the whole game. KC at SF the season before that. No way in hell Kaep got that first down, he was at least 2 yards short... Point is it happens nearly every week throughout the league. The only way once can miss it, is if one does not want to see it.
So just to clarify. Our super bowl was clean though right? I have a shirt that I bought and a cpl of other things as well. Hate to think that I got all that stuff for a rigged one. The rigged one was this past Super Bowl...when we lost.
mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:58 AM   #996
Banned

Quote:
You've actually been wrong quite consistently as ive pointed out in previous threads. I call you out on your bullshit and you hate it. And you still didnt answer his questions.

Anytime you are asked to answer to your hypocrisy you bitch out and dance around the question with your same old tired ass responses.
This. Whenever he is called to actually explain something. He does the CP version of Cartman "screw you guys I'm going home" he never actually answers any questions. Amazing that he had the balls to type that out. Lol
mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:01 AM   #997
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I feel like this doesn't mean much without seeing the figures. Perhaps it would have made him the highest paid QB, but the guarantees were relatively low and he's looking for more commitment from the organization..?
I think he might be looking at that no trade clause bc from what I’m seeing he doesn’t have that in his current contract
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:03 AM   #998
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
I think the last thing they wanted was to see KC bury TB early, like they did 5 or 6 weeks earlier. I think they thought KC would come storming back, since it is what they're known for. So, the calls were made to steer the game in that direction. However, anyone who watched that game, and watches KC, could see this time it was different and that it wasn't going to happen b/c KC's OL was so severely overmatched. So, the way the game was officiated early on, just served to seal KC's fate on a day when they clearly were not their best, due to many factors.
So they couldn't call any penalties on the TB defensive line to slow them down or change up how they played? Or call holding on their DBs to extend drives so the game would be closer?

The logic doesn't seem consistent.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 11:04 AM   #999
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
Yep, I recall every single one of these instances. It's exactly like you said, some people just simply don't want to see it. It really is just that simple. Countless NFL players have spoken out about it, books have been written about it, ect.

Also, the responses using the term 'rigged' constantly are a little redundant and deflective. Obviously every game and every play and every outcome is not scripted or rigged. That would be impossible to pull off and would be blatantly obvious.

However, anyone who can't see that certain games are manipulated by officiating isn't even really worth having a discussion with at this point. If you watched those calls handed to Brady in the Super Bowl as a Chiefs' fan and still can deny this stuff happens, you're just an extremely naive person. You watched Mahomes get sledgehammered into the ground play after play without a single penalty while people weren't allowed to breathe on Brady's receivers without a flag flying.

And believe it or not, it is still possible to enjoy NFL football while knowing in the back of your mind that games will be steered in certain directions from time to time. It actually makes it much easier to handle because you can clearly see when it's happening if you accept it and realize it's time to mentally check out. I was over our Super Bowl loss by halftime because of how it transpired.
Refs have influence over the outcome of games.

That's a "no-shit". That's prevalent in any sport with a ref as the nature of it is subjective in itself. Anytime something is subjective you're going to have errors, inconsistency and outcomes that people disagree with

What's in question is the WHY and HOW.

The problem people like you have is the complete lack of consistency in these views and you can never competently defend them. Like, ever.

I do believe that refs are told to look for certain things in games. They're instructed by higher-ups to watch Team A as they often commit X-type of penalty.

Teams have input on such things. Certain coaches like BB are known for sending tape into league offices complaining about certain teams getting away with certain things.

Several years ago during the Alex Smith era i recall (IIRC, Mike Tomlin) openly complaining about the Chiefs getting away with so many rub-routes. If you think he didn't complain to the league about that before the game, you're kidding yourself.

Steven Nelson, for example, has a league wide reputation for being grabby. So why would anyone be surprised that refs are paying extra close attention to Steven Nelson grabbing onto receivers and getting called for it over and over again?

I do believe that refs are also told to lay off on penalties as well and at times, let players play. We've seen examples of "let them play" in the playoffs on a yearly basis. All of a sudden things that were penalties in the regular season aren't in the playoffs.

During last season's SB run, i made note several times during the playoffs that the Refs were letting the Chiefs DB's play physical and graby. BECAUSE THEY WERE.

Not one off you mother****ers seemed to have noticed or cared.

I even said in teh SB preview thread that the Chiefs should continue letting their DB's get grabby. I SAID that they would get penalized. I SAID that the Chiefs should keep being physical anyway.

So when the game starts and the refs come out with a twitchy trigger finger looking for DPI's, no one should've been surprised.

The refs spent two ****ing weeks studying, and being told that the Chiefs DB's are grabby. Lo and behold, they're getting flagged just like i said they would.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:10 AM   #1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
So they couldn't call any penalties on the TB defensive line to slow them down or change up how they played? Or call holding on their DBs to extend drives so the game would be closer?

The logic doesn't seem consistent.
Exactly. It's wildly inconsistent.

If the end goal is make money, then they'd strive for ratings. Ratings are increased by having a competitive game.

Instead they "let" the Chiefs get blown out in what would become one of the least watched SB's in recent memory.

When, apparently, the refs easily coulda called a number of bogus calls to extend Chief's drives to make the game more competitive.

Yes, the penalties subsided against the Chiefs in the 2nd half. I believe the reason for that was the ref team making half time adjustments in how they called the game, and toned down their DPI trigger finger as they were ruining the game.

OR the Chiefs made adjustments and backed their DB's off their physicallity.

Either of those options are far more likely, and far more consistent with what we've seen.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:13 AM   #1001
Hockey Town

Quote:
Exactly. It's wildly inconsistent.

If the end goal is make money, then they'd strive for ratings. Ratings are increased by having a competitive game.

Instead they "let" the Chiefs get blown out in what would become one of the least watched SB's in recent memory.

When, apparently, the refs easily coulda called a number of bogus calls to extend Chief's drives to make the game more competitive.

Yes, the penalties subsided against the Chiefs in the 2nd half. I believe the reason for that was the ref team making half time adjustments in how they called the game, and toned down their DPI trigger finger as they were ruining the game.

OR the Chiefs made adjustments and backed their DB's off their physicallity.

Either of those options are far more likely, and far more consistent with what we've seen.
I think they were trying to get a competitive game. They refs reffed like they thought Tampa was the worse team they needed to help. By the time any realization happened that the Chiefs weren't the same because of the OL it was to late. So we got what we got...
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:13 AM   #1002
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkp785 View Post
So just to clarify. Our super bowl was clean though right? I have a shirt that I bought and a cpl of other things as well. Hate to think that I got all that stuff for a rigged one. The rigged one was this past Super Bowl...when we lost.
Not real sure, but I can see that you're not open to any of the possibilities other than what you believe... I'll answer your question regardless - IMO, KC did get calls go their way in Super Bowl LIV. The OPI to Kittle right before the half was huge. So was the TD pass that put KC on top for good in the 4th (Did Damien step out before he scored?) and the slap to Jimmy G's helmet when he was sacked in the series before Damien's 4th qtr. TD run that sealed it. So, 49'er fans can argue, and do argue, that Super Bowl LIV was rigged to go KC's way. And I can see where they're coming from. WE had the Super Star QB, not them. We got the big breaks, not them. Get it now?
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 05-11-2021, 11:15 AM   #1003

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkp785 View Post
So just to clarify. Our super bowl was clean though right?
Not according the 49er fans. There was an onslaught of "rigged" chatter from that crowd right after the game.

It's funny how it's always the losing team's fans that throw "rigged" around. And it never fails.

Matter of fact, i don't think the Chiefs have lost a game in the last 3 years that WASN'T rigged.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:16 AM   #1004
#triggering

Quote:
Not according the 49er fans. There was an onslaught of "rigged" chatter from that crowd right after the game.

It's funny how it's always the losing team's fans that throw "rigged" around. And it never fails.

Matter of fact, i don't think the Chiefs have lost a game in the last 3 years that WASN'T rigged.
That is interesting.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:19 AM   #1005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I think they were trying to get a competitive game. They refs reffed like they thought Tampa was the worse team they needed to help. By the time any realization happened that the Chiefs weren't the same because of the OL it was to late. So we got what we got...
Totally.

I think the higher ups make decisions on what calls need to be looked for in order to create competitive balance.

Then they pass down instruction to the refs on what to watch for.

That subsequently leads to refs being flag happy with certain teams for certain types of calls.

I think what we're seeing is often times the by-product of purposeful over officiating. Moreso than the league writing scripts, or coaches and players self-sabotaging, or pre-made story lines etc.