Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-10-2024, 04:02 PM  
Kind of a mod

Rashee Rice [arrested and now out on bail]

The other thread is a dumpster fire. I'm sure this will become one as well, but might as well start with a clean slate. I'll at least try to keep the OP updated with any notable news. Feel free to PM me if I miss anything good.

Arrest warrant and potential charges:
Spoiler!

Analysis from a defense attorney:
Spoiler!

Turned himself in and now out on bail:
Spoiler!

Random minutiae:
Spoiler!

Last edited by DaFace; 04-16-2024 at 09:11 AM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2024, 07:52 AM   #166
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
The guy that tried to kill me shooting out my back window as I was trying get away and narrowly escaping with my life, plea bargained and got 18 months and 6 months parole. He is a free man but a felon for attempted murder. He had no priors.
How is this relevant? Did Rice shoot at someone and attempt to kill them?

He's not being charged with attempted murder and this is going to get pled down to misdemeanors. At the end of the day, Rice drove a car like a moron and had an accident. This happens hundreds of time a day across the US.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 08:11 AM   #167
MVP

They've been moving people out of prisons on marijuana offenses for years. Just to make room for Rice
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-11-2024, 08:24 AM   #168
Starter

Rashee Rice makes Ray Rice look like Jerry Rice.
ThrobProng ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 08:25 AM   #169
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Rice, 23, now faces eight charges in the case -- six counts of collision involving bodily injury, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury and one count of aggravated assault, according to the arrest warrant. All of the charges are felonies.

Collision involving injury carries a penalty of imprisonment in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for not more than five years or confinement in the county jail for not more than one year, a fine fine not to exceed $5,000 or both. Collision involving serious bodily injury -- a third-degree felony -- carries a punishment of imprisonment in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice of not more than 10 years or less than 2 years. Aggravated assault -- a second-degree felony -- is punishable by two to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.

So Rice is cooked then? Just ****ing great.
This is the exact statutory scheme as the 'leaving the scene' charges. I think DaFace got it exactly right - these ARE the leaving the scene charges and they're exactly what I expected them to be except for the 'involving serious bodily injury' charge which absolutely will not stick (seriously, look up the definition of serious bodily injury in the statute - it ain't happening).

The weird one is the aggravated assault one. Still no idea where it came from.

The six counts of 'collision involving bodily injury' is misstated and it's just the leaving the scene stuff. Those are going to be handled as misdemeanors. The 7th count is going to get dropped - there's a zero percent change they get that to work within the statute.

The aggravated assault feels like piling on for the purposes of a plea deal.

This still seems like it's progressing about as I expected it to go, though the assault charge is odd.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2024, 08:26 AM   #170
Supporter

The hate that comes out of this when he "only" gets a 3-4 game suspension will be intense.

I'm looking forward to it.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 08:27 AM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by philfree View Post
I don't give a damn if Rice ever plays another down for the Chiefs. What he did was so stupid and irresponsible. And after he went off on Mahomes, we don't need his BS. If he gets locked up good for him. ****in dumbass.
Well. This is certainly ****ing stupid.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 08:27 AM   #172

So I think it's unlikely, but let's just say for the sake of argument that Rashee does a year in jail. He wouldn't play games, so it wouldn't satisfy completion of a league year, right? And because of that, does it basically add a year to his rookie contract? Trying to find the silver lining just in case.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2024, 08:30 AM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I don't think I've ever seen a story bring out the stupidity on CP quite like this one.
Oh the Tyreek Hill baby mama drama thread was quite a gem.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 08:30 AM   #174
GDT Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Well. This is certainly ****ing stupid.
Sure is.
493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-11-2024, 08:34 AM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
So what happens? The felony gets pleaded down and he gets suspended 4 games?
My best guess:

The first 6 charges - hybrid felonies - get plead down as the misdemeanor versions of themselves and he ends up getting 12 months in county concurrently but with an SIS (so no felony record). The 7th and 8th charges are dropped as part of the plea (and honestly, I have no earthly idea how they can even stick anyway).

2-4 game suspension but I still think 2 feels more likely. Again, we've gone over the array of personal conduct penalties not involving DV and it's a smorgasbord for far hairier shit that got 1-2 games.
Old 04-11-2024, 08:38 AM   #176
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
So this thread is exactly the same as the previous one.
I can't keep the conversation from being a cluster, but I'll at least try and keep the OP updated with info that seems notable so people can find it in the midst of the chaos.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 08:39 AM   #177
Supporter

Quote:
My best guess:

The first 6 charges - hybrid felonies - get plead down as the misdemeanor versions of themselves and he ends up getting 12 months in county concurrently but with an SIS (so no felony record). The 7th and 8th charges are dropped as part of the plea (and honestly, I have no earthly idea how they can even stick anyway).

2-4 game suspension but I still think 2 feels more likely. Again, we've gone over the array of personal conduct penalties not involving DV and it's a smorgasbord for far hairier shit that got 1-2 games.
We are talking about the repeat and 4 time champs here. Any suspension is akin to hating America.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2024, 08:40 AM   #178
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:

BUT it's the Chiefs. Expect the bahammer to strike here hardest
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2024, 08:41 AM   #179
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I can't keep the conversation from being a cluster, but I'll at least try and keep the OP updated with info that seems notable so people can find it in the midst of the chaos.
I appreciate that. The number of legal experts is only rivaled by the number of people who have apparently never made any bad decisions in their lives.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:08 AM   #180
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
We are talking about the repeat and 4 time champs here. Any suspension is akin to hating America.
By God.

Merica
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.