Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-11-2008, 11:49 AM  
Right in the Lumberyard Danny

***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***

Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:00 PM   #5521
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
God, I suck at golf. I'm pretty much looking to break 100 when I play. I was sitting at 44 going to the 9th hole so I'm thinking bogey for 49 and I'll be happy, par and I'll be thrilled..

Then a ****ing 9 happened.
We have all been there my friend lol, I was playing a tourney once and I shot 89 in shit rain the Saturday, so I go home figuring I would tee off early next day , I get there Sunday and shoot even on the front, at the turn someone tells my dad put 500$ on me the sat night to win the Calcutta, so I played like shit on the back I mean I worked hard to be 4 over for the at 17, last hole is wide open short par 5 all I need is 6 to make my dad some money , well a couple of well placed snap hooks later I tap in for a 7.

I knew then competitive golf wasn’t for me.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:48 PM   #5522
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
God, I suck at golf. I'm pretty much looking to break 100 when I play. I was sitting at 44 going to the 9th hole so I'm thinking bogey for 49 and I'll be happy, par and I'll be thrilled..

Then a ****ing 9 happened.
Don't count the shitty shots, it's the same price.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:34 AM   #5523
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
The average golfer spends 80% of their practice time on their long game , if we put that time into chipping and putting everyone’s game would get better, when you are confident on your short game you don’t care as much when you end up and you put better swing on the ball and actually end up chipping less.

This game is a mind ****
This is my goal for the year. Improve from 100 yards & in. I lose more strokes because of my short game than I do off the tee - I'm not terrible off the tee, but I'm definitely not a "playing the fairway off the tee" player.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:41 AM   #5524
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
This is my goal for the year. Improve from 100 yards & in. I lose more strokes because of my short game than I do off the tee - I'm not terrible off the tee, but I'm definitely not a "playing the fairway off the tee" player.
Since I started using a range finder on every shot it helped even 30 yard shots, removing any possible second guessing has helped for me, I do get the odd ribbing from my playing partners but hey screw them lol . I don't use it on putts though not yet anyways.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:35 AM   #5525
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Since I started using a range finder on every shot it helped even 30 yard shots, removing any possible second guessing has helped for me, I do get the odd ribbing from my playing partners but hey screw them lol . I don't use it on putts though not yet anyways.
I use a range finder for 70 yards out generally. My issue is slowing my swing down for whatever distance it is. I either am short of the green 10 yards, or I hit the green and roll off. I'd probably knock 10 strokes off my game if I could consistently put the ball on the green with my 9/PW/AW/60.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:47 AM   #5526
I love your mom

Quote:
I use a range finder for 70 yards out generally. My issue is slowing my swing down for whatever distance it is. I either am short of the green 10 yards, or I hit the green and roll off. I'd probably knock 10 strokes off my game if I could consistently put the ball on the green with my 9/PW/AW/60.
Not sure you want to slow down your swing for distance control, that brings potential deceleration issues(fat/pushes), modifying/shortening backswing or choking down on your club using consistent acceleration would be more consistent .
I go down 1 inch to reduce about 5 yards on my short irons.it works for me but might not works for everybody.

I forgot to mention I also carry 4 wedges 48/52/56/60 since I use those a lot more during a round than I do my 3 wood which I dropped from the bag, I starting laying up on all par 5 (trying to get it to one of my wedge distances) even short ones(depending on danger around green) and started getting more birdies .

Last edited by Monticore; 05-20-2020 at 09:56 AM..
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:54 AM   #5527
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Not sure you want to slow down your swing for distance control, that brings potential deceleration issues(fat/pushes), modifying/shortening backswing or choking down on your club using consistent acceleration would be more consistent .
I go down 1 inch to reduce about 5 yards on my short irons.it works for me but might not works for everybody.
I choke down as well and it does help. I'm just so inconsistent in putting the ball on the green and it drives me up the wall. I bought some new wedges this year (haven't gotten them yet) that I'm hoping will help with my issue a little bit.

Right now I carry my PW (45*), AW (50*), and 60*. There is just too much of a gap between the 50* (110 yards) & 60* (70-75 yards). Bought a new 50*, 54*, & 60* and I'm hoping that 54* helps split the difference.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:09 AM
Monticore
This message has been deleted by Monticore. Reason: dup
Old 05-20-2020, 10:11 AM   #5528
I love your mom

Quote:
I choke down as well and it does help. I'm just so inconsistent in putting the ball on the green and it drives me up the wall. I bought some new wedges this year (haven't gotten them yet) that I'm hoping will help with my issue a little bit.

Right now I carry my PW (45*), AW (50*), and 60*. There is just too much of a gap between the 50* (110 yards) & 60* (70-75 yards). Bought a new 50*, 54*, & 60* and I'm hoping that 54* helps split the difference.
It should , also try holeing it from 100 yards in, the whole aim small miss small thing works.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:56 AM   #5529
In Search of a Life

Quote:
It should , also try holeing it from 100 yards in, the whole aim small miss small thing works.
I'm playing tonight. I'll give it a shot.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:20 PM   #5530
I love your mom

Quote:
I'm playing tonight. I'll give it a shot.
Have fun , focus on the goal not the results and it will be more enjoyable with better results.

Last edited by Monticore; 05-20-2020 at 12:32 PM..
Old 05-20-2020, 01:11 PM   #5531
MVP

Quote:

Are you missing because of distance (short/long) or are you missing side to side?

If it's distance, next time you go to the range, take nothing but your wedges. Hit 10-20 balls with each club at half, 3/4 and full swings and chart your average distance.

Makes it a lot easier when you have a good idea how far a (3/4 54*, as example) regularly goes. Helps with course management as well - for example, I know my 3/4 54* goes 90 yards - which is the same distance within a yard or two of a full swing 58*

You have so much flexibility when you know your distances with less than full swings. My 3/4 54* travels about the same distance as my full swing 58*. Determining where the flag is on the green, along with if the shot is to an slightly elevated green or level to me determines which club I hit, even though they are the same distance away.

When I first did this, I actually wrote my half, 3/4 and full swing distances on a strip of painters tape and stuck it on the shaft below the grip as a reminder.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 02:40 PM   #5532
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
Are you missing because of distance (short/long) or are you missing side to side?

If it's distance, next time you go to the range, take nothing but your wedges. Hit 10-20 balls with each club at half, 3/4 and full swings and chart your average distance.

Makes it a lot easier when you have a good idea how far a (3/4 54*, as example) regularly goes. Helps with course management as well - for example, I know my 3/4 54* goes 90 yards - which is the same distance within a yard or two of a full swing 58*

You have so much flexibility when you know your distances with less than full swings. My 3/4 54* travels about the same distance as my full swing 58*. Determining where the flag is on the green, along with if the shot is to an slightly elevated green or level to me determines which club I hit, even though they are the same distance away.

When I first did this, I actually wrote my half, 3/4 and full swing distances on a strip of painters tape and stuck it on the shaft below the grip as a reminder.
It's a little bit of both, honestly. For most of these types of shots, I end up just off the green (2-5 yards) right/left/long/short. I know that isn't very far off, but when I struggle with my chipping - which is more often than not - it will sometimes add 3 strokes to a hole. Just drives me crazy.

I'm going to hit the range tonight, so I'll see if I can get a decent track on distance with different swings.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:42 PM   #5533
Future NBA Finals MVP

I have an idea, and I don't know if it will work or is even legal. I've always been a good ball striker. I'll hit greens but I 3 putt, ALOT. I'm really bad at short putts. That is my biggest bugaboo.

So, why couldn't I get a midget putter. Just a small shaft, put the grip towards the clubhead almost and get on my knees to putt. I don't know how I would ever pull or block it. Might be able to do it on short chips where you don't need to get it very high.

They banned Sam Snead I think it was for putting thru his legs, maybe I can get something else banned
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:57 PM   #5534
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I have an idea, and I don't know if it will work or is even legal. I've always been a good ball striker. I'll hit greens but I 3 putt, ALOT. I'm really bad at short putts. That is my biggest bugaboo.

So, why couldn't I get a midget putter. Just a small shaft, put the grip towards the clubhead almost and get on my knees to putt. I don't know how I would ever pull or block it. Might be able to do it on short chips where you don't need to get it very high.

They banned Sam Snead I think it was for putting thru his legs, maybe I can get something else banned
Read "golf is not a game of perfect" Bob Rotella, it will help with your putting.

if you hit 10 perfect putts the odds are you might miss 1 or 2 because of imperfections in the green etc, so make the best swing you can and live with the results and if you miss it wasn't your fault.

Also completely remove distance out of the putting equation, I know it sounds crazy but your brain automatically adjusts for distance(shooting basketball you don't think how far back to bring your arms etc..)picture the hole and try and make it , aim small miss small , lag putts don't work.

And thinking you have the right line is more important that actually having the right line. I know it is another crazy one but it works, every putt has multiple lines depending on speed etc..

I believe I can make anything within 10 feet, so it puts less pressure on my chipping so I make better chips and rarely end up with 10 footers .

My Dad has never made a bad swing/putt/ ( it is always a bad lie/wind/bad bounce etc..)he thinks is swing is perfect, he is completely delusional but at 73 he still shoot his age so it the end it doesn't matter.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:56 AM   #5535
sorta mod-ish

Just an FYI - Tiger Woods and Peyton Manning will take on Phil Mickleson and Tom Brady at 2pm Central on TNT, if anyone is interested.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.