Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-09-2024, 08:00 PM  
Inmem 2.0

Let's talk flat top griddles

Does anybody have one? If so is it superior to a normal grill and if so how? Thinking about getting one but not sure I want to drop that kind of coin on something that isn't necessarily a need
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2024, 08:30 AM   #31
Everything is Awesome!!!!!

If you’re worried about the cost, fb marketplace has them listed sll over. Of course some of them are pieces of shit and people are too. I found one for my friends fiancé for under $250 still in the box. If I have anything negative to complain about, I think I’d be happier with the 36” verses the 28” that I was gifted. First world problems.
cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 08:49 AM   #32
The Lurkiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Nice. Uses those little green cans?

Yeah I have blackstone version for camping also. Makes breakfast camping easy.
Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.
Old 03-10-2024, 08:54 AM   #33
GDT Contributor

Blackstone rules…use mine 3 times a week.
493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-10-2024, 08:56 AM   #34
I love your mom

Just mostly saw them as giant frying pans so probably not for m
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:01 AM   #35
The Lurkiest

Mine had paid for itself in hibachi/teppanyaki whatever you call it. Plus you get to learn to throw food and make cool onion volcanoes.
Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:43 AM   #36
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless View Post
I'm gonna splatter your mom's flat top with my man batter
When you walk into a thread ready to talk griddles and this haymaker is the first post.....

notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:44 AM   #37
Forever Royal

I have the 36 inch Blackstone and love it. It’s perfect for certain things but it’s definitely not a grill replacement. It’s honestly much more of a stove top replacement. It’s so much easier to cook breakfast on, for fajita meat, veggies, etc. Things that need multiple pans or take longer because you can only do things like one omelet at a time are way better on the griddle.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:48 AM   #38
Forever Royal

I saw yesterday Costco has a 36 inch Blackstone for $370 in store. That’s a really good deal.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:52 AM   #39
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
How come?

Smash burgers are really good on the griddle but a thicker burger is still better on the grill for me. Smash burgers though, especially cooked in butter, are fool proof and really good.
Old 03-10-2024, 10:33 AM   #40
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I saw yesterday Costco has a 36 inch Blackstone for $370 in store. That’s a really good deal.
Yeah I've seen that at my Costco too. That's what I was thinking I would go with
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2024, 10:48 AM   #41
Born with Bad Habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Yeah I've seen that at my Costco too. That's what I was thinking I would go with
Several reviews of that one pointing to paint and rust issues, so I hope you get a good one if you go that route. On paper, it looks like a good value.
RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-10-2024, 10:55 AM   #42
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedandGold View Post
Several reviews of that one pointing to paint and rust issues, so I hope you get a good one if you go that route. On paper, it looks like a good value.
Rust adds to the flavor
Old 03-10-2024, 11:00 AM   #43
What's up braj?

Shit if you cover it should be no rust problems on exterior. And if it’s on the cooking surface you can just reseason. My guess is the rust issues are people not properly taking care of it.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2024, 11:15 AM   #44
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
Shit if you cover it should be no rust problems on exterior. And if it’s on the cooking surface you can just reseason. My guess is the rust issues are people not properly taking care of it.

Yeah there’s no reason to think that model has a different griddle top than the rest. I’m sure plenty of people buy it on a whim (since it’s Costco and that’s got to be half their business) but don’t take the time to learn how to care for it. It’s got all the features one would need as well.

Anyone use those silicone mats to cover the griddle? Seems pointless to me if the griddle has a lid, stays dry and seasoned, and has a full cover.
Old 03-10-2024, 11:30 AM   #45
MVP

We have the table top Blackstone 22’ that we take camping or use on deck for sloppy breakfasts when grandkids are over.
I love it but can’t see a flat top being the primary grill.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.