Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-21-2021, 01:40 PM  
The Demon Preacher

Henry Cavill is the new Highlander

https://io9.gizmodo.com/is-henry-cav...der-1846943392

It's guess better than the original Ryan Reynolds casting. I never realized that one of the worst parts of getting older was rewatching shit I've already seen... but with new actors.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:47 PM   #2
Has a particular set of skills

He's a good actor for the super hero roles in movies.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:51 PM   #3
sorta mod-ish

Oh Hollywood. Hopefully they at least will keep this in with the reboot.

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:51 PM   #4
World's finest morphius

I have to admit, this description hurt me a little bit, "But it will almost certainly tell a story of an battle that takes places across the centuries, where immortal beings fight each other to the death with only one person remaining. That person is crowned Highlander and is bestowed with additional powers. "

sigh
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:52 PM   #5
The Demon Preacher

I hope the people who are gonna write this are more with more care than whomever wrote that article...

"That person is crowned Highlander and is bestowed with additional powers."

No... Connor wasn't the Highlander because he is from the HIGHLANDS of Scotland. It was, apparently, a title bestowed upon him after winning the game.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:52 PM   #6
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius View Post
I have to admit, this description hurt me a little bit, "But it will almost certainly tell a story of an battle that takes places across the centuries, where immortal beings fight each other to the death with only one person remaining. That person is crowned Highlander and is bestowed with additional powers. "

sigh
Lol, yep
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:54 PM   #7
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Just the idea of this pisses me off, but as far as Cavill is concerned he's pretty much letter perfect as Geralt. Far better than I thought he'd be.

Seems a bit old for the MacLeod part, though. Will they cast him as Ramirez? Or de-age him as MacLeod in the Scotland scenes and dust off Liam Neeson to play yet another grizzled and heroic yet doomed mentor?

And good luck to whoever has to fill Clancy Brown's shoes as the Kurgan. One of the greatest villains of all time.

God I wish they'd just leave shit alone.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:57 PM   #8
World's finest morphius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Just the idea of this pisses me off, but as far as Cavill is concerned he's pretty much letter perfect as Geralt. Far better than I thought he'd be.

Seems a bit old for the MacLeod part, though. Will they cast him as Ramirez? Or de-age him as MacLeod in the Scotland scenes and dust off Liam Neeson to play yet another grizzled and heroic yet doomed mentor?

And good luck to whoever has to fill Clancy Brown's shoes as the Kurgan. One of the greatest villains of all time.

I doubt it will even be a one for one reboot and I highly doubt they will have him win in the first movie, making it easier to write future ones. On the plus side, it would be damn hard to be any worse than the last Highlander movie.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2021, 02:01 PM   #9
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius View Post
I doubt it will even be a one for one reboot and I highly doubt they will have him win in the first movie, making it easier to write future ones. On the plus side, it would be damn hard to be any worse than the last Highlander movie.
All the sequels were bad. The one where the baddie had been stuck in a glacier and thawed out after the gathering was a really cool idea but they butchered the execution of it.

They should have left it the **** alone then. They should leave it the **** alone now.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2021, 02:31 PM   #10
World's finest morphius

Quote:
All the sequels were bad. The one where the baddie had been stuck in a glacier and thawed out after the gathering was a really cool idea but they butchered the execution of it.

They should have left it the **** alone then. They should leave it the **** alone now.
I actually enjoyed the series, but yeah, the movie sequels were all pretty bad/forgettable/JarJar Binks.
Old 05-21-2021, 02:31 PM   #11
Supporter

The entire article is speculation. Chad Stahelski, who directed John Wick, has been trying for years to reboot this franchise, but so did Justin Lin (The Fast & The Furious movies, Star Trek 3), who has far more clout at Universal, yet it didn't work out.

If this version is a go, Cavill would be fine as Connor MaCleod and at least he has a British accent. I always thought it was weird that the Highlander was Scottish yet Christopher Lambert spoke English with a French accent.

That said, I'll believe it when I see it. And I'm weary that Universal will make it PG-13 and not R, so it will "appeal to more people", which would just take the meat out of the project.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2021, 02:32 PM   #12
In Search of a Life

Will they be aliens in this one like in Highlander II?
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2021, 02:54 PM   #13
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
The entire article is speculation. Chad Stahelski, who directed John Wick, has been trying for years to reboot this franchise, but so did Justin Lin (The Fast & The Furious movies, Star Trek 3), who has far more clout at Universal, yet it didn't work out.

If this version is a go, Cavill would be fine as Connor MaCleod and at least he has a British accent. I always thought it was weird that the Highlander was Scottish yet Christopher Lambert spoke English with a French accent.

That said, I'll believe it when I see it. And I'm weary that Universal will make it PG-13 and not R, so it will "appeal to more people", which would just take the meat out of the project.
IIRC, at the time Lambert barely even spoke English.
Old 05-21-2021, 03:37 PM   #14
Supporter

Quote:
IIRC, at the time Lambert barely even spoke English.
I'd never heard that before but it's not unsurprising.

I mean, I don't have any problem with his casting, or really any of the casting in the original. But even back in 1987, I knew it was weird that a Scottish born and raised man would have a French English accent.

DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2021, 04:49 PM   #15
pie is never free

Quote:

Haha, great call on Neeson... you know thats happening
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.