Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:49 AM   #7726
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
IRS announced they have moved the tax deadline to June.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/taxes...UeS?li=BBnb7Kz
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:51 AM   #7727
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
July
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
WOOT! I’ve put it off this year.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:55 AM   #7728
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
I got my taxes back on Monday.

Couldn't have asked for better timing.
I had to pay in this year. You'd be amazed at how quickly they cashed those checks, lol.
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:57 AM   #7729
Award Winning Tailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
ummm the SBA classifies it as 500 or less...up to 1500 in some industries.

i should know, there have been things ive not qualified for over the years due to not having enough employees
I'm well aware of the SBA Classifications, thank you.
Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:00 AM   #7730
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
How long until a cop shoots someone, or a cop gets shot?

I don't like this at all.
I'll be honest - I'm still trying to figure out if you're trolling or simply the most emotionally unstable person on the planet.

You emote more wildly (and in more directions) than any sane person has a right to. It was all "haha, look at the preppers" a week ago and now you see a train with half-built trucks on it and you're pretty sure the Army's about to round up anyone that sneezes.

Let's just take about 20% off 'er there, okay squirrely dan?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 12 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:03 AM   #7731
Forever Royal

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I ran vents in the OR during my residency at Truman, Research, St. Luke’s, Children’s Mercy and Menorah. But that was a long time ago. So that will free up some doctors to run vents but doesnt increase the total RT’s I posted earlier.

Curious, are RT’s still intubating patients or is that all Doctors these days?

Depends where you are but doctors are not the ones doing the majority of intubation or managing airways and monitoring patients in surgery. I don’t know about the ICU though. In the ORs in KS CRNAs intubate and are the sole anesthesia provider in states that allow it such as KS and places that go that route. But even within that, in Kansas for example, it seems to depend on the hospital system if they have anesthesiologist or not. But either way CRNAs intubate with some places having anesthesiologists present if they prefer it, but they don’t stay during the whole case. CRNAs run the breathing and drug administration and keep the patients out and whatever else needed. There is no requirement for the doctor to be present in the room or at the location at all though so it really depends on each hospital system and even individual doctor within that.

In Missouri they have CRNAs as well as AAs who act similarly to CRNAs but they are not trained ICU nurses like CRNAs. They also cannot work independently. I also don’t believe they can intubate without anesthesiologist present but not 100% on that. But these are the people managing airways and running ventilators in the OR. I can’t speak to when RTs where removed from the ORs. But with AAs, even though they can run one since they are not trained ICU nurses I don’t know if they could assist patients in the ICU like a CRNA can.

There are somewhere around 35,000 CRNAs in the US, all of which are qualified to run ventilators in the ICU but it depends if they are hospital employees or physician groups if they can do so without some sort of temporary allowance. But it seems it’s more likely there’s a shortage of ventilators than people to run them as long hospitals keep them employed without many surgeries going and if they can figure how to allow group employed ones to temporarily be in the ICU since those aren’t all hospital employees.

Last edited by mr. tegu; 03-20-2020 at 11:10 AM..
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:07 AM   #7732
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
All the restaurant ads on TV are touting delivery.

That happened fast.
Waitr is offering free delivery (at least here).
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:09 AM   #7733
Ain't no relax!

I heard the Cerner campus just sent everyone home...
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:15 AM   #7734
In Search of a Life

Would be pretty easy to determine based on output and such
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:15 AM   #7735
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
I just saw a military jet fly over, what does this mean?
I saw a guy at Quik Trip with a camo shirt drinking a big gulp. What does this mean? Are the British coming?
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:20 AM   #7736
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I heard the Cerner campus just sent everyone home...
Yeah, a Cerner employee tested positive a few days ago. Employees were largely working from home anyway.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:20 AM   #7737
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Why'ncha jus tells Professor Tricia about his antics?
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:21 AM   #7738
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I saw a guy at Quik Trip with a camo shirt drinking a big gulp. What does this mean? Are the British coming?
Well, we sure as hell know it's not the French.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:21 AM   #7739
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'll be honest - I'm still trying to figure out if you're trolling or simply the most emotionally unstable person on the planet.

You emote more wildly (and in more directions) than any sane person has a right to. It was all "haha, look at the preppers" a week ago and now you see a train with half-built trucks on it and you're pretty sure the Army's about to round up anyone that sneezes.

He's a ****ing weirdo. It's beyond absurd at this point.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:23 AM   #7740
future chiefs fans

Italy's update:
+5986 new positive cases (total 47021)
+627 new deaths (total 4032)
+689 new recoveries (total 5129)

holy shit......
oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.