Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-13-2019, 10:04 AM  
Life is changing..

Jury Duty

I've been selected for Jury Duty! Hooray!

Is there any way to know if I'll actually have to report besides calling the hotline number the night before?

I ask because I have quite the busy week at work next week, and it would be very beneficial to know if I'm going to need to report or not. (Those nuggets at McDonald's aren't going to fry themselves!!)

My online research has failed me.

Any help appreciated.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:18 AM   #76
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
You'll get clued in when the show up to arrest you.
Arrest? Wouldn't it be more of a tea bagging type of event?
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:19 AM   #77
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Arrest? Wouldn't it be more of a tea bagging type of event?
With BWillie, anything is possible.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:20 AM   #78
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bikemike View Post
I have never ever received a jury notice!
Felons can't serve on jury duty.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:42 AM   #79
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
You'll get clued in when the show up to arrest you.
If you never respond to any correspondence they would have to prove you ever received any notice. Around here they just send it as regular mail, so no chance they could.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:43 AM   #80
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
Lol. It’s a pretty well recognized fact that a seated jury is 90% comprised of people not smart enough to duck jury duty and 10% of civic-minded souls such as yourself.

I don’t do jury trials, but I rather suspect your types are the ones to watch out for in voir dire.
I actually found it very interesting when I did it, but it was a counterfeit case that involved confidential informants, secret surveillance videos of the operations, etc. I probably would have enjoyed it much less had it been a more traditional case.

It was also amazing how the jurors were willing to let the guy off even though there was easily enough evidence to convict the guy. I’m not civic minded and I generally stay away from anything that involves government/politics/law enforcement, but it was a way to get paid time off from work to do something different.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:46 AM   #81
Spiraling down the Drain

I always reply that I worked on the Prosecuting attorney’s re-election campaign. I am instantly released.
BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:17 AM   #82
Supporter

Quote:
Lol. It’s a pretty well recognized fact that a seated jury is 90% comprised of people not smart enough to duck jury duty and 10% of civic-minded souls such as yourself.

I don’t do jury trials, but I rather suspect your types are the ones to watch out for in voir dire.
I agree with Ks Smitty. I am willing to do my civic duty and I would hope to have the same type of people on a jury if I were ever a defendant.

I was on a jury once. It was a criminal trial in which the defendant was accused of shooting into an occupied dwelling. Turns out, he was a thug and was mad at his gf. Shot into their house and the bullet went through the gf's 13 year old sister's cheek. This was probably 15 years ago so I don't remember much details. But I'm pretty sure that it didn't take us long to agree to convict this POS.

I've had jury duty notices several times since then but it never got to the point of being on a jury in a trail. Most of the time, I am in a later pool and all the cases are either settled by then or they already have enough people for the juries.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:41 AM   #83
Veteran

here’s a solution: stop being a little bitch and just do your jury duty if selected.
ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:10 AM   #84
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmhawk View Post
here’s a solution: stop being a little bitch and just do your jury duty if selected.
I have an important audit starting today that runs through next week. I need to be at work for it.

I called and postponed until the first part of January.

So please kindly go **** yourself with a cactus.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:05 PM   #85
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
I actually found it very interesting when I did it, but it was a counterfeit case that involved confidential informants, secret surveillance videos of the operations, etc. I probably would have enjoyed it much less had it been a more traditional case.

It was also amazing how the jurors were willing to let the guy off even though there was easily enough evidence to convict the guy. I’m not civic minded and I generally stay away from anything that involves government/politics/law enforcement, but it was a way to get paid time off from work to do something different.
The problem is the interpretation of reasonable doubt. I personally think that when the state decided to put its financial might behind attempting to incarcerate/punish someone, it better damn sure be 90% or above likely.

Other people are willing to convict on much less.

Your case, with CIs and surveillance, sounds pretty clear cut, though.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:03 PM   #86
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post

I did audit when I got called to jury duty. There is a substantial difference between providing reasonable assurance (audit) and removing reasonable doubt (jury). It took a hot minute to recognize and adjust my perspective.

Mine was brutal. It was a punk kid trying to fight a DUI because he tried to not blow in the breathalyzer. The ****ing body mic on the cop didn’t work so it was just the goddamn dash cam with lights flashing and the field sobriety test half in the camera half not. Then they talked in the car. That mic worked. Then the dash cam of sitting outside the cop shop. No mic again.

Let him skate on the DUI because there was straight no evidence. but not the MIC because the beer was in his vehicle.

Turns out that if he got another alcohol conviction he was getting booted from the military, so he was ****ed anyway.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:20 PM   #87
Court Jester

Quote:
The problem is the interpretation of reasonable doubt. I personally think that when the state decided to put its financial might behind attempting to incarcerate/punish someone, it better damn sure be 90% or above likely.

Other people are willing to convict on much less.

Your case, with CIs and surveillance, sounds pretty clear cut, though.
The prosecutor was very young and seemed far less experienced than the defense attorney, which definitely helped the defendant’s case. He ended up getting a plea deal and got off with time served shortly after we started deliberations. There was video and audio evidence showing him printing the money and explaining in detail how the printing process worked and what he was going to do with the money, along the with the phony money and other physical evidence that was seized. It should have been a clear cut case, but half of the jurors still wanted to let him off.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:36 PM   #88
union paraplegic organizer

Well, I’m home.

I was in the “extras” group. Only one of us in that group had to stay.

I was bummed.
It was a dui case. But she wasn’t driving. Arrested for being in control of the rig.

I have several family members and friends and with dui’s. Plus several family members who are alcoholics.

I wanna do one like this last case. Cause I used to park all the time and sleep in the rig when too intoxicated, smh.
Plus I was shit faced when I crashed my atv paralyzing me.
rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:50 PM   #89
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Yeah that's a law. You're trying to do the right thing by not driving and sleeping it off, but you have keys so it's "intent". No ****stick, if I had intent, I'd be driving.

Just another way to make $.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:54 PM   #90
MVP

Any chance Frank Clark gets nabbed for jury duty?
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.