View Poll Results: How would you feel?
Happy 17 29.82%
Indifferent 9 15.79%
Underwhelmed 25 43.86%
Pissed 6 10.53%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2024, 11:14 AM  
In Search of a Life

How would you feel about Ladd McConkey at 32?

Might be one of the more polarizing prospects I can remember on CP.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 03:46 PM   #46
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Ladd McConkey only produced 480 yards last season.

No. Thank. You.

Hype.
How do you feel about Roman Wilson? 15+ YPC avg in 3 years as a a starter. 789 yards and 12 TD’s in a run first offense.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 03:54 PM   #47
Veteran

Quote:
Ladd McConkey only produced 480 yards last season.

No. Thank. You.

Hype.
He missed several games due to back and ankle injuries. You can knock him for being a broke dick in 2023, but not for a lack of production. He produced when he was on the field.
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-06-2024, 04:37 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
How do you feel about Roman Wilson? 15+ YPC avg in 3 years as a a starter. 789 yards and 12 TD’s in a run first offense.
at first glance, better, especially at his current avg draft position.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-06-2024, 04:38 PM   #49
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachashi View Post
He missed several games due to back and ankle injuries. You can knock him for being a broke dick in 2023, but not for a lack of production. He produced when he was on the field.
Ok, that's what I'm looking for. Thank you!

He had 760 the year before, which is pretty respectable.

I stand mostly corrected.

Respect.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:06 AM   #50
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Ok, that's what I'm looking for. Thank you!

He had 760 the year before, which is pretty respectable.

I stand mostly corrected.

Respect.
His YPRR is really good in a run first offense.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:10 AM   #51
Mahomes > God

It all depends on who's still there for me...like if BTjr, Worthy, and Mitchell are all gone, I wouldn't hate Ladd at 32.

I'd probably still take Coleman or Legette in that scenario just based off of the upside potential but I wouldn't hate it.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:46 AM   #52
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Depends on who is available, but there are a few guys likely to be there I'd prefer.

Legette
Wilson
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:19 AM   #53
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Depends on who is available, but there are a few guys likely to be there I'd prefer.

Legette
Wilson
I've yet to come up with a scenario where he's going to be at the top of my draft board. And have to squint to get him into the top 5.

I would not be pleased at all.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:37 AM   #54

So in a draft where - again - I was TRYING to screw us (i.e. I didn't even have JJ McCarthy go in the 1st, or Nix or Penix) I still have Suamataia available ahead of McConkey. Now I could've made it slightly worse in hindsight - I had the Lions take Powers-Johnson and the 49ers take Graham Barton.

So let's take Suamataia off the board and send him to SF instead of Barton - that still leaves me Worthy (and possibly Barton, though I don't like him as much at OT) to choose from.

Though I will concede that in this scenario, things got damn lean on me in a hurry. So had the Cardinals, for instance, gone with Worthy to replace Hollywood instead of Coleman who I had them take instead, that would've left me without Kingsley, Morgan or even Worthy.

At that point my top WR options are McConkey, Worthy, Coleman Wilson and Pearsall
OT: Amegadjie, Barton, Paul, Fisher
DL: Fiske, Dorlus, Chop and Darius Robinson(s)

So I'm pretty close to holding my nose and taking McConkey there, though honestly I think I'd probably go with Chop Robinson at that point over him. Sure, it's 3 straight years at DE and we just signed Danna, but I just don't care. Every position is a 'need' in 3 seasons and ultimately I can't shake FAU losing snaps to Malik Herring in January. That's a very bad sign, IMO. I'd be content with Chop there.

It's similar to how last year's draft went. There was a worst case scenario there for us and it's pretty much exactly how it unfolded. In the process, Joey Porter Jr fell though. I think we made a mistake and reached for need in FAU. I'd have gone a completely different direction with JPJ and now would have already backfilled for Sneed's departure.

And on the lead-up to the draft I believe I had this exact same conversation with FAU - I don't hate the prospect but I simply could not build a scenario where he was a guy I wanted at that pick. And when it happened, there were guys I preferred on the board so I wasn't a huge fan of the pick.

That's going to be the case here if we go with McConkey.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 12:50 PM   #55
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
So in a draft where - again - I was TRYING to screw us (i.e. I didn't even have JJ McCarthy go in the 1st, or Nix or Penix) I still have Suamataia available ahead of McConkey. Now I could've made it slightly worse in hindsight - I had the Lions take Powers-Johnson and the 49ers take Graham Barton.

So let's take Suamataia off the board and send him to SF instead of Barton - that still leaves me Worthy (and possibly Barton, though I don't like him as much at OT) to choose from.

Though I will concede that in this scenario, things got damn lean on me in a hurry. So had the Cardinals, for instance, gone with Worthy to replace Hollywood instead of Coleman who I had them take instead, that would've left me without Kingsley, Morgan or even Worthy.

At that point my top WR options are McConkey, Worthy, Coleman Wilson and Pearsall
OT: Amegadjie, Barton, Paul, Fisher
DL: Fiske, Dorlus, Chop and Darius Robinson(s)

So I'm pretty close to holding my nose and taking McConkey there, though honestly I think I'd probably go with Chop Robinson at that point over him. Sure, it's 3 straight years at DE and we just signed Danna, but I just don't care. Every position is a 'need' in 3 seasons and ultimately I can't shake FAU losing snaps to Malik Herring in January. That's a very bad sign, IMO. I'd be content with Chop there.

It's similar to how last year's draft went. There was a worst case scenario there for us and it's pretty much exactly how it unfolded. In the process, Joey Porter Jr fell though. I think we made a mistake and reached for need in FAU. I'd have gone a completely different direction with JPJ and now would have already backfilled for Sneed's departure.

And on the lead-up to the draft I believe I had this exact same conversation with FAU - I don't hate the prospect but I simply could not build a scenario where he was a guy I wanted at that pick. And when it happened, there were guys I preferred on the board so I wasn't a huge fan of the pick.

That's going to be the case here if we go with McConkey.
I am extremely high on McConkey and 32 is the earliest I’d take him. I think we are all looking at this the wrong way though.

The LT issue is by far the biggest on the team. I think if Wanya Morris was a starting LT they wouldn’t have bolted for Donovan Smith to come back. I think that Raiders game really exposed him and as much as I like his athleticism and size, he’s a swing tackle.

I can’t get over how loaded this tackle class is. It’s as good for us as it ever has been. I think one of Amarius Mims and Tyler Guyton will be there in the mid 20’s for a trade up. Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham and Fautanu will all be gone leaving them as OT6. You also have guys like Kingsley Suamataia, Patrick Paul and Jordan Morgan to compare to. There’s a myriad of options.

If they can just get a decent young LT for 5 years that would open up a ton of flexibility for us
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 12:55 PM   #56
In Search of a Life

You're preaching to the choir there Run...
Old 04-10-2024, 01:03 PM   #57

Quote:
I am extremely high on McConkey and 32 is the earliest I’d take him. I think we are all looking at this the wrong way though.

The LT issue is by far the biggest on the team. I think if Wanya Morris was a starting LT they wouldn’t have bolted for Donovan Smith to come back. I think that Raiders game really exposed him and as much as I like his athleticism and size, he’s a swing tackle.

I can’t get over how loaded this tackle class is. It’s as good for us as it ever has been. I think one of Amarius Mims and Tyler Guyton will be there in the mid 20’s for a trade up. Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham and Fautanu will all be gone leaving them as OT6. You also have guys like Kingsley Suamataia, Patrick Paul and Jordan Morgan to compare to. There’s a myriad of options.

If they can just get a decent young LT for 5 years that would open up a ton of flexibility for us
Agreed. I'm almost certainly looking at OT in the 1st unless it just gets brutally massacred and I don't think it will get hit SO hard that neither Morgan or Suamataia are there.

Hence my general disdain for the McConkey pick. Well that and I'm not super high on him; he looks like a pure floor player to me. But mostly it's just that I think OT will stack up as well or better but won't have those kinds of options at the back of 2, whereas WR will.

Gaming the draft to go OT in 1 and WR in 2 works better than the inverse, IMO. Amegadjie and maybe Paul (though unlikely he gets there) are the only 2 guys I really see as '2nd round' OTs likely to make it to us. Anybody else is an unreasonable fall or a reach, IMO.

It's a much broader group at WR. So playing the odds, if I want two contributors in Year 1 with long-term potential, I would almost certainly go OT/WR in that order.
Old 04-10-2024, 01:03 PM   #58
Mahomes > God

Quote:

But with the players you mentioned, you're not guaranteed to get a plug and play starter...you're drafting guys that are projected to play G, RT, or need development...aka what you already have.

Now I'll give you Mims, I just don't think he'll be there close enough to even go up for.

I also believe the value proposition in taking the 5th, 6th, or 7th best WR is a lot more than taking the 7th or 8th best tackle but again...that's just me.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-10-2024, 01:04 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
You're preaching to the choir there Run...
Indeed...
Old 04-10-2024, 01:05 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
But with the players you mentioned, you're not guaranteed to get a plug and play starter...you're drafting guys that are projected to play G, RT, or need development...aka what you already have.

Now I'll give you Mims, I just don't think he'll be there close enough to even go up for.

I also believe the value proposition in taking the 5th, 6th, or 7th best WR is a lot more than taking the 7th or 8th best tackle but again...that's just me.
I don't think Kingsley or Morgan are as unlikely to start at OT at some point this season as you think. I'm not certain I'd call either surefire day 1 starters, but I think they're pretty safe bets.