View Poll Results: How would you feel?
Happy 17 29.82%
Indifferent 9 15.79%
Underwhelmed 25 43.86%
Pissed 6 10.53%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2024, 11:14 AM  
In Search of a Life

How would you feel about Ladd McConkey at 32?

Might be one of the more polarizing prospects I can remember on CP.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 01:22 PM   #16
Mahomosapien

I’m on record not liking ladd, and would be furious at 32.

At 64 i would be okay with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-05-2024, 01:26 PM   #17
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Somewhere between underwhelmed and pissed depending on where Burton and Pearsall go because I feel they are fairly similar guys based on the information I have and I don't think any of the 3 are head and shoulders better than the other. Actually, I like Burton in traffic best. If those go bottom or 2 or later and we pass on a good player elsewhere, I'm probably going to be a little hot and think we reached for need.
Biggest argument against McConkey is Pearsall and Wilson can be had in rd 2 and they are also excellent fits for the same role.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 01:36 PM   #18
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
No, he's what Moore was supposed to be. But Moore couldn't translate to the higher competition level. McConkey has been playing against future NFL talent and producing. I think there's little chance he fails, but he's probably not going to be a star.
He's been playing for a team that bulldozes nearly all other teams in their conference and his numbers are pretty underwhelming. I also don't like that he doesn't get near his TE in terms of receiving yards. Bowers is not Travis Kelce. Sure, he might be good enough to be a JAG WR3 or WR4 but when you pick in the first round you've got to have at least a hope and preferably an expectation than they can develop into a star. I think there's other WRs with a higher ceiling and better college stats who could/should be available at pick 32. Give me Franklin or Legette.
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old 03-05-2024, 02:23 PM   #19
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Write-in vote for "Nervous."

There's a lot to like there AND I can see him being a McLaurin-like player. But I'd be waiting for the shoe to drop.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 02:29 PM   #20
MVP

I don't claim to be an expert. I'd have to defer to the the CP brain trust. Do you guys think he can play outside? If so I'd put my trust in veach making the right pick.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-05-2024, 02:29 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
He's been playing for a team that bulldozes nearly all other teams in their conference and his numbers are pretty underwhelming. I also don't like that he doesn't get near his TE in terms of receiving yards. Bowers is not Travis Kelce. Sure, he might be good enough to be a JAG WR3 or WR4 but when you pick in the first round you've got to have at least a hope and preferably an expectation than they can develop into a star. I think there's other WRs with a higher ceiling and better college stats who could/should be available at pick 32. Give me Franklin or Legette.
Bowers IS basically the Kelce of college football. Whether that's going to translate to the NFL or not is a valid question.

And there are many likely higher ceilings, it's true, or at least, I agree.

But he's not a slot only guy. His ceiling may be Cooper Kupp. Or it may be Renfrow. We don't know.

At 32, probably there will be more explosive options. But we'll have to see.

I'd rather take Pearsall later, but that's just me.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 02:38 PM   #22
Rookie

This isn’t a critique of him as much as what we need to do with the pick. A steady, relatively low ceiling WR is not the best use of a first round pick for us. I’d much rather see us move up for an LT. If that option isn’t there, I’d consider one of the higher ceiling WR’s there (e.g. Keon Coleman), BPA or possibly trade down. A player of McConkey’s caliber could be had at pick #40 or even #50 (even if McConkey himself isn’t available there). Someone like Legette, Coleman, Worthy or Franklin will be available mid-2nd round. If we can trade down and stash an extra pick.
Semichief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Semichief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Semichief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Semichief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Semichief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Semichief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 03-05-2024, 02:45 PM   #23
MVP

He's basically what we hoped Sky Moore would be, but I feel like there are others with greater upside.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-05-2024, 02:51 PM   #24
MVP

I'm not advocating for the kid, so much as trying to counsel against hyperbole. No need to slag him because you prefer another. he's not my favorite either, but he's a solid bet.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 03:35 PM   #25
In Search of a Life

He has the potential to be a good #2 or slot guy, I just don't see him as a #1 and great down field threat, which is what I think KC needs the most at this point.
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-05-2024, 03:39 PM   #26
Veteran

I defended McConkey some because people were sleeping on his athleticism, especially prior to the combine.

You can question whether he's a fit for the Chiefs, have concerns about his injury history, and suggest you can get a similar player later in the draft.

But, don't sleep on his quickness, speed, and cutting ability. Georgia ran jet sweeps with this kid. He might look like a walk-on, but he's the real deal.

wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-05-2024, 04:26 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
I don't claim to be an expert. I'd have to defer to the the CP brain trust. Do you guys think he can play outside? If so I'd put my trust in veach making the right pick.
I don't think you need to claim there's any "braintrust" around these parts. We mostly argue about bullshit that rarely comes to fruition in the name of... fun... I think. We all like our guys and none of us are pro scouts. Mostly we like to wing it from the end of our couch and say "look I got that one" every once in a while.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 06:34 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Somewhere between underwhelmed and pissed depending on where Burton and Pearsall go because I feel they are fairly similar guys based on the information I have and I don't think any of the 3 are head and shoulders better than the other. Actually, I like Burton in traffic best. If those go bottom or 2 or later and we pass on a good player elsewhere, I'm probably going to be a little hot and think we reached for need.
Thinking the same earlier today, there are route running slot receivers that will be available for us at #64 so why take McConkey.

There's just nothing special about him.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 07:27 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Thinking the same earlier today, there are route running slot receivers that will be available for us at #64 so why take McConkey.

There's just nothing special about him.
I think McConkey can play outside in the NFL but I do think he'd be a better player from the slot in a system like New England used to run with Brady (Erhardt-Perkins) that features the guy as a primary weapon. I guess that would place him higher for guys like Sirianni, Daboll, Lombardi, etc. I do think he's still a good player here too, I just don't know with the guy.

He falls into the guys in the draft where you say "would he be a 1st rounder in any other draft," and if your answer is no then you have your answer. He's in that group for me.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:15 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
I think McConkey can play outside in the NFL but I do think he'd be a better player from the slot in a system like New England used to run with Brady (Erhardt-Perkins) that features the guy as a primary weapon. I guess that would place him higher for guys like Sirianni, Daboll, Lombardi, etc. I do think he's still a good player here too, I just don't know with the guy.

He falls into the guys in the draft where you say "would he be a 1st rounder in any other draft," and if your answer is no then you have your answer. He's in that group for me.
Is there another WR in this draft who you guys would trust to get open more if you had just one play like Harman's or Moor'e in the last two Super Bowls?

...His reputation as the best route runner in the class and being a sure-handed pro ready product make me wonder if he wouldn't be the top choice.