Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-23-2020, 11:36 PM  
MVP

Draft - Day 2: who do like for KC?

Chiefs on tap tomorrow with picks #63, and #96

What positions do you think they address, and who do you hope they target?

I’ll say:

#63 - Damien Lewis, OG, LSU
#96 - Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulsa
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:00 AM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Biadasz is a really awful fit for the Chiefs scheme on the OL.
And a band-aid. Bum hip, bum shoulder....
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:01 AM   #47
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

At 63:

If one of the next tier of CB is there (Jaylon Johnson, Diggs, Dantzler, etc.) that is top choice for me.

Next slot would be LB. I'd love to see them land Willie Gay there (physical package is very similar to Murray, just needs experience and coaching). Akeem Davis-Gaither would work there for me, too. I know crow and I have been goo-goo-ga-ga ing about him.

I think all the OL that would make sense (Cleveland, Jones, Cushenberry, Hennessey) at this spot are gone, but one of those would work if the CB and LB are all gone.

At 96:
This is where you hope someone falls. Bryce Hall? Leviska Shenault?

I'd also be working the phones with the Dolphins. They have an absolutely dumb number of picks in this year's draft, so I'd see if they're interested in spreading some of that capital to next year's draft.

If I can send them my 2021 1st for 36 and a 5th or for 56 and 136, it's obviously great for KC and also lets them extend their draft/rebuild over 2 drafts instead of 1.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:01 AM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Biadasz is a really awful fit for the Chiefs scheme on the OL.
for what we did with Morse, yeah, and I would think Reid would like to get back to more movement.

We don't do as much with Reiter, because he's not as mobile either.

If Reid is content with sacrificing some of that interior movement in order to gain some power for those short yardage situations, he fits.

As a better Reiter.

Cush or Hennessey are better scheme fits though, sure.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:03 AM   #49
Hockey Town

Dantzler may make it to the Chiefs 3rd round pick, lots of questions about his frame and what his real speed is.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:07 AM   #50
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Trading next years 1st for pick 36 tonight... hmm. That’s bold, not likely I’m sure, but guess it depends on who they’d be targeting.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:08 AM   #51
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Trading next years 1st for pick 36 tonight... hmm. That’s bold, not likely I’m sure, but guess it depends on who they’d be targeting.
I'd do that for Antoine Winfield, I think he's a 1st round talent.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:08 AM   #52
In Search of a Life

Quote:
???
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:15 AM   #53
oxymoron

More draft picks is what I really want to see.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:15 AM   #54
MVP

Quote:
I'd do that for Antoine Winfield, I think he's a 1st round talent.
Chicken dinner.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:16 AM   #55
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
I was thinking something more like this:

Dolphins get Chiefs' 2021 1st (32 ), 2021 6th
Chiefs get Dolphins' 2020 2nd (56), 4th (136), 5th (153)

The Dolphins are lined up to have 17 picks in this draft and didn't use any of them to move around yesterday. It makes sense for them to moves some of that capital into 2021, so they aren't quite as reliant on one draft and so they have the ability to move around more as they continue their rebuild.

The Chiefs give up a 1st round pick almost certain to be in the final 5-6 picks of the round, but gain a lot of draft capital in a loaded draft.

It makes sense for both teams, IMO.

The Chiefs don't need more picks just to have more picks at the end of rounds. They need more picks so they can hit the depth of this draft harder in rounds 3 and 4 and move up a few slots to grab a guy if needed.

Hell, I'd even be fine with moving 2021 3rd or 4th instead of the 6th to make this happen. They're going to get a bunch of comp picks the next few years around those rounds, so I think they can survive it.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:21 AM   #56
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

The Dolphins are lined up to have 17 picks in this draft and didn't use any of them to move around yesterday. It makes sense for them to moves some of that capital into 2021, so they aren't quite as reliant on one draft and so they have the ability to move around more as they continue their rebuild.

The Chiefs give up a 1st round pick almost certain to be in the final 5-6 picks of the round, but gain a lot of draft capital in a loaded draft.

The Chiefs don't need more picks just to have more picks at the end of rounds. They need more picks so they can hit the depth of this draft harder in rounds 3 and 4 and move up a few slots to grab a guy if needed.

Hell, I'd even be fine with moving 2021 3rd or 4th instead of the 6th to make this happen. They're going to get a bunch of comp picks the next few years around those rounds, so I think they can survive it.
It's not a terrible idea. It would let you add one of the safeties and probably let you address the OL, CB and LB also...

Adding Helaire 1st and then putting someone like Winfield on defense would really make this team more dangerous...Imagine this team being able to field something like...

CEH
Winfield
Shenault
Davis-Gaither

That would be pretty sick.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:21 AM   #57
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

We have lots of holes next season. Basically half of our roster is free agents
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:23 AM   #58
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
Cause they won't be signing anyone...
Old 04-24-2020, 09:27 AM   #59
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
They'll have to give attention to CB and WR for sure. My plan would be that this trade makes sure you can address both of those situations in a draft that is very deep at those positions.

If you go the group of players Mecca is suggesting or rotate in one of the CB instead of one of the safeties, they're in much better shape.

That's why I'm aiming at #56 instead of #36 in my proposed trade. To get 2 ore picks in this draft. Think the draft value breaks out about right for the Dolphins, if they buy the idea of spreading their capital over a few drafts a bit more.

Quote:
It's not a terrible idea. It would let you add one of the safeties and probably let you address the OL, CB and LB also...

Adding Helaire 1st and then putting someone like Winfield on defense would really make this team more dangerous...Imagine this team being able to field something like...

CEH
Winfield
Shenault
Davis-Gaither

That would be pretty sick.
That's where I'm at/thinking. That gives you starters at 4 positions moving forward.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:27 AM   #60
Most Valuable Villain

Oh if we trade a first to get into the 2nd....then give me:

Antoine Winfield Jr
Logan Wilson
Reggie Robinson
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.