Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2015, 08:35 PM   #2
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief View Post
Then they switch to the ISP that favors the content they want. Isn't competition in the free market grand instead of the government regulated morass you favor where neither customer gets the services they want the most?
Because everyone has multiple options since companies have been so eager to compete with one another.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:40 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
Because everyone has multiple options since companies have been so eager to compete with one another.
They are when they are allowed to do so. Every company wants to eliminate their competition or reduce their market share. Currently, there are not allowed to do so in most places due to government intervention in the market.

You are complaining about a problem caused by government (local) but blaming the free market and running to government (federal) to further regulate (restrict) the free market.

The problem is government not the ISPs.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:42 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
They are when they are allowed to do so. Every company wants to eliminate their competition or reduce their market share. Currently, there are not allowed to do so in most places due to government intervention in the market.

You are complaining about a problem caused by government (local) but blaming the free market and running to government (federal) to further regulate (restrict) the free market.

You're a ****ing moron. The ISPs have refrained from competing with each other to protect their margins.

The ISPs are the problem.

It's even worse when you look at the billions in tax breaks they were given specifically to run fiber to houses and they've come no where close to what they promised they would when they asked for those tax breaks.
KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:42 PM   #5
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post
The ISPs have refrained from competing with each other to protect their margins.

The ISPs are the problem.
A few minutes spent comparing the services/cost of Google Fiber to all other ISPs should drive home both points.

It's equivalent to a new company offering gas for 3 cents/gallon.... you don't see a massive correction like that in a free market.

If that doesn't scream something is wrong with the ISPs, the whole economy must be ****ed.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:47 PM   #6
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
A few minutes spent comparing the services/cost of Google Fiber to all other ISPs should drive home both points.

It's equivalent to a new company offering gas for 3 cents/gallon.... you don't see a massive correction like that in a free market.

If that doesn't scream something is wrong with the ISPs, the whole economy must be ****ed.
Something wrong? They were charging what they could, because they could. I am not saying they weren't ****ing people over because they were. But they could. So why wouldn't they?
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:00 PM   #7
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Something wrong? They were charging what they could, because they could. I am not saying they weren't ****ing people over because they were. But they could. So why wouldn't they?
Points were being made about free market while arguing against net neutrality... and yes, there's something very wrong with that. The logic.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:48 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post

It's amazing to me how far some people will go to deny what's right in front of their faces.
KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:48 PM   #9
Supporter

Quote:

DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:05 PM   #10
Forever Royal

FCC Approves New Net Neutrality Rules

Quote:

I find it hard to believe you are in favor of processes that would allow company x to pay an ISP more than their competitors to keep company y's product down as an inferior product by limiting the speed to company y's product. A new innovative competitor would have no chance to really even get started.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:09 PM   #11
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I find it hard to believe you are in favor of processes that would allow company x to pay an ISP more than their competitors to keep company y's product down as an inferior product by limiting the speed to company y's product. A new innovative competitor would have no chance.
So you don't think companies should be able to pay for preferential treatment at all? In this case let's say Netflix can't pay for faster speeds to their servers? Note I am not saying turn down speeds to someone else's service, I am saying pay for faster speed to their service. Sorta like how I pay more for 250mb internet then say someone who pays for 50mb.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:17 PM   #12
Space Cadet and Aczabel

Quote:
So you don't think companies should be able to pay for preferential treatment at all? In this case let's say Netflix can't pay for faster speeds to their servers? Note I am not saying turn down speeds to someone else's service, I am saying pay for faster speed to their service. Sorta like how I pay more for 250mb internet then say someone who pays for 50mb.
It's probably best you put the drink down and head to bed. Seriously you have no idea what you are talking about. I do.
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:20 PM   #13
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lane View Post
It's probably best you put the drink down and head to bed. Seriously you have no idea what you are talking about. I do.
Well, I feel better now, Dave. Thanks for telling us how smart you are.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:21 PM   #14
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lane View Post
So, Dave "I do" Lane, tell us about the details no one outside of the FCC has yet to see. Since you know so much, I mean.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:58 PM   #15
Let's get a snack

Quote:
Note I am not saying turn down speeds to someone else's service, I am saying pay for faster speed to their service.
This is where I exhale deeply and shake my head.
mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.