Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-26-2024, 05:10 PM  
The Boom Boom Room

Bad Boys: Ride or Die (2024)

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2024, 04:50 PM   #31
pie is never free

I've only watched the first one, way back when

Rarely missed an episode of Martin back in the day, awesome tv... but as a movie star he doesn't move the needle... and Will Smith is the exact same guy in every movie, such a boring actor IMVHO
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2024, 07:16 PM   #32
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I like Constantine, damnit.
I’m with you. I thought Constantine was dope; never understood the hate for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
and Will Smith is the exact same guy in every movie, such a boring actor IMVHO
Ok, screw you, pal!

Enemy of the State, Legend of Bagger Vance, Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds, I Am Legend, Ali, Concussion, King Richard - all very different characters.

I hate to bring it up because it’s a garbage movie but he was also a totally different character than the ones he typically plays in After Earth as well.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 01:05 PM   #33

I’d be remiss if I didn’t even mention Wesley Snipes!

I love Blade and Undisputed but when your best action role is playing second fiddle to Sly, you ain’t making any Mt Rushmores.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 01:08 PM   #34
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post

I love Blade and Undisputed but when your best action role is playing second fiddle to Sly, you ain’t making any Mt Rushmores.
Has anyone ever had more fun making a movie than Snipes did in Demolition Man?

Dude ate AAAAAALLLLLL the scenery. G'damn that was a wild performance. Don't get me wrong, to whatever extent that movie worked it worked because of Snipes. But man, 'over the top' barely seems to describe it.

"Illuminate....deluminate..."

You know that wasn't in the script. They just let the kid cook...

(as I think about it, I'm not sure there WAS a script. They just threw a pile of amphetamines and Wesley and Armand Asante and told them to go to town. Wait, Armand Asante was Judge Dredd....potayto, potahto...)
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 07:46 PM   #35
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

Dude ate AAAAAALLLLLL the scenery. G'damn that was a wild performance. Don't get me wrong, to whatever extent that movie worked it worked because of Snipes. But man, 'over the top' barely seems to describe it.

(as I think about it, I'm not sure there WAS a script. They just threw a pile of amphetamines and Wesley and Armand Asante and told them to go to town. Wait, Armand Asante was Judge Dredd....potayto, potahto...)
Bullock being profoundly hot in it didn't hurt.

You wanna know my sneaky underrated Snipes action flick? Passenger 57. Die Hard villain - airplanes - skydiving? I'm in. I wanted to go skydiving so bad after that.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 08:44 PM   #36
Supporter

I didn't know we were having a action movie rushmore discussion in here. Damn it.

This is a really tough one.

If we're narrowing it to 4, I'm leaving off Arnold. It's dumb, probably the wrong move and I'm going to get roasted for it, but I think it's the move. For me anyway.

DJLN has a point with Reeves. Dude has assembled quite the resume.

Stalone I think has to be in there.

I gotta go with Hemsworth. I'm apparently the only one, but if he's in something wrecking shit, I'm in. Hell, he managed to save a god awful Snow White movie in which Kristen Stewart gave an all time bad performance. I mean ALL ****ING TIME. But dude, Thor, obviously, Crappy Snow White movie he was awesome in, Red Dawn that everyone hated, but I thought he was good in, Rush - F1 - whatever he was good, 12 Strong was Excellent, and Extraction. If he's there, I'm there.

Cruise is a damned compelling case. Him doing his own mind boggling stunts is for real.

I think Jackie Chan has a pretty compelling case. He just isn't ever unenjoyable. Jet Li and Donnie Yen, are guys that are probably better and I'd rather watch work, but goddamn Chan has a TON of good stuff out there (even if I don't dig the slapstick stuff as much as some guys).

I think a guy that shouldn't be on Rushmore, but should maybe have an argument is Mel Gibson. Yeah, drunken jew rant, and yeah, if he's in a historical drama the history will be all wrong all the time, but I tell you what is always good - the action. In going through this, I am surprised at how much I like Mel Gibson's action flicks.

Willis too. There is an argument that he is only the die hard series, but he was good in 16 Blocks (really good), and I liked him in Lucky number Slevin and the whole nine yards as well as the Fifth Element. I never saw Tears of the Sun, but I hear it's good.

Another outsider that won't make it, but I think should be in the Discussion is Chris Evans. My favorite Marvel action scenes almost exclusively include Cap. I think the Winter Soldier street fight is my favorite fight scene maybe ever.

Reeves, Stalone, Hemsworth, Cruise.

There it is. I'll probably change my mind in 15 minutes.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:31 AM   #37

Oh, you mother****er!

Problem with leaving Arnie off is that his catalog is just too strong, IMO. He’s going to wash most others with Terminator, T2, Total Recall and Predator alone. Those are all certifiable classics.

He’s got his schlock, don’t get me wrong, but even his campy shit (Commando & Conan) and comedies (Jingle All the Way. Love it.) are high grade. And that’s before you get into his stuff that’s a step down but still decent like some of the other Terminators, True Lies, End of Days, Last Action Hero, etc.

I like Hemsworth but most of his stuff is closer to the aforementioned End of Days, Running Man tier types than all-timers like Predator and Terminator. Just my opinion. Hemsworth is great though.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:33 AM   #38

Mel Gibson is a good call, though. He’s another with low key heavy hitters. Mad Max, Lethal Weapon, Braveheart, The Patriot.

I haven’t seen it in forever but remember liking Payback too lol
Old 04-11-2024, 05:12 PM   #39
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

That movie kicks ass.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2024, 07:10 PM   #40

Yeah, just can't leave Arnold off. It's like not putting Ruth in the Hall of Fame. He essentially created the genre.

Gibsons a good one but I dunno - his seem to be war movies more than action movies (apart from lethal weapon) and I do think there's a distinction though I kinda struggle to define it.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2024, 08:35 AM   #41
How tall is this thing?

Chris Hemsworth over Arnold Schwarzenegger has to be the worst side effect of magic mushrooms I've ever seen.

Mine has to go

1.Sly. I'd watch Rambo shoot people while sitting in a wheelchair and shitting his depends. Sure, Sly could be labeled one note, but i like the sound of that one note. Expendables was okay.

2. Schwarzenegger. T2 alone is argument for the top spot, then you toss in Predator, Commando, Running Man, Total Recall, he has such a wide range of awesome films that aren't just the one character. It's pure personal preference of Rambo that has Arnie at 2, he should be like 1b with Sly.

3. Keanu Reeves. Matrix was awesome in its time but God damn did John Wick come out of nowhere and become one of the most insane kill fests in action film history. So ****ing good.

4. Bruce Willis. Die Hard junkie. Loved the first 3, was super sad that 4 went PG13 in a cash grab move, and 5 was like wow. Ok Bruce really didn't want to do Die Hard anymore. However, The Last Boy Scout is one of my favorite Bruce Willis movies of all time. If you touch me again I'll kill you.

Cruise isn't on here due to my inability to separate the art from the artist. He's just a wierd ****ing dude.
Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 09:09 AM   #42
Starter

Back when the action genre was blowing up in the 80s, there were 4 top stars: Arnold, Sly, Van Damme, and believe it or not, Steven Seagal.

There were other guys like Willis, Gibson and Cruise, but they always seemed more like "regular" actors who dabbled in action, rather than action stars.
ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-12-2024, 09:32 AM   #43

Cruise is definitely a true actor who happened to be phenomenal in action roles. Of all the names we've thrown around in here, he’s gotta be the best actual actor of the bunch. I can’t tell if that makes him more or less impressive. Who deserves more points: a guy like Cruise who is talented enough to dominate any role or a guy like Arnie who rose to the top of the mountain despite clearly not being a natural?

In any case, check out this filmography:

Top Gun, Top Gun: Maverick, Days of Thunder, Mission: Impossible 1-7, Minority Report, Collateral, The Last Samurai, War of the Worlds, Jack Reacher, Oblivion, Edge of Tomorrow.

All while putting in top notch drama efforts in flicks like A Few Good Men and Jerry Maguire as well as funny features in Tropic Thunder and Austin Powers lol dude’s career is absurd.

Something I’m noticing is that the heavies all have at least one major action franchise boosting their status. Willis has Die Hard, Arnie’s got Terminator, Sly has Rambo, etc.

Then there’s Keanu with two of them..
Old 04-12-2024, 09:48 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Bullock being profoundly hot in it didn't hurt.

You wanna know my sneaky underrated Snipes action flick? Passenger 57. Die Hard villain - airplanes - skydiving? I'm in. I wanted to go skydiving so bad after that.
I'm not sure I thought she was hot in that movie. Truthfully, I'm not sure I've ever seen her as 'hot'.

Cute. Sure. Legit marriage material. But hot? Nah, never got there. Not with her stupid little bob haircut.

Closest she ever got to hot was probably The Blind Side. And even that was probably the accent doing most of the heavy lifting.

Again, since Judge Dredd and Demolition Man are basically the same movie, gimme Diane Lane as Hershey over Bullock as Huxley 100 times out of 100.

As for Passenger 57 - I'm terrified to speak to that movie at all now that ThaVirus is in the thread...
Old 04-12-2024, 10:12 AM   #45
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler View Post
Chris Hemsworth over Arnold Schwarzenegger has to be the worst side effect of magic mushrooms I've ever seen.

Mine has to go

1.Sly. I'd watch Rambo shoot people while sitting in a wheelchair and shitting his depends. Sure, Sly could be labeled one note, but i like the sound of that one note. Expendables was okay.

2. Schwarzenegger. T2 alone is argument for the top spot, then you toss in Predator, Commando, Running Man, Total Recall, he has such a wide range of awesome films that aren't just the one character. It's pure personal preference of Rambo that has Arnie at 2, he should be like 1b with Sly.

3. Keanu Reeves. Matrix was awesome in its time but God damn did John Wick come out of nowhere and become one of the most insane kill fests in action film history. So ****ing good.

4. Bruce Willis. Die Hard junkie. Loved the first 3, was super sad that 4 went PG13 in a cash grab move, and 5 was like wow. Ok Bruce really didn't want to do Die Hard anymore. However, The Last Boy Scout is one of my favorite Bruce Willis movies of all time. If you touch me again I'll kill you.

Cruise isn't on here due to my inability to separate the art from the artist. He's just a wierd ****ing dude.

Reads like poetry. A+, will read again.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.