Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-04-2024, 04:55 PM   #1951
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chiefs spending some time with this lil guy

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 06:03 PM   #1952
MVP

Crow's version sucks because my brain is constantly in flux haha. I'm not in the group that thinks 27 WRs are going in the first 2 rounds, though I think about 12 is entirely reasonable this year. I dinged small guys hardest for speed or agility and continued to knock some guys down for drops/tape I didn't like despite good workouts. Some guys are knocked for age too, such as Vele (26), Flournoy (24), and Jeshuan Jones (24)

My last version

Round 1
01. Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State
02. Rome Odunze, Washington
03. Malik Nabers, LSU
04. Xavier Worthy, Texas
05. Brian Thomas Jr., LSU
06. Troy Franklin, Oregon

Round 2
07. Adonai Mitchell, Texas
08. Ladd McConkey, Georgia
09. Keon Coleman, Florida State
10. Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky
11. JaLynn Polk, Washington
12. Jermaine Burton, Alabama

Round 3
13. Ricky Pearsall, Florida
14. Roman Wilson, Michigan
15. Jalen McMillan, Washington
16. Xavier Legette, South Carolina
17. Devontez Walker, North Carolina

Round 4
18. Malik Washington, Virginia
19. Jamari Thrash, Louisville
20. Jacob Cowing, Arizona
21. Brenden Rice, USC

Round 5
22. Ainias Smith, Texas A&M
23. Luke McCaffrey, Rice
24. Javon Baker, UCF
25. Cornelius Johnson, Michigan
26. Tayvion Robinson, Kentucky

Round 6
27. Tahj Washington, USC
28. Johnny Wilson, Florida State (probably a TE conversion)
29. Isaiah Williams, Illinois
30. Anthony Gould, Oregon State
31. Xavier Weaver, Colorado
32. Ryan Flournoy, Southeast Missouri State

Round 7
33. Devaughn Vele, Utah
34. Jeshaun Jones, Maryland
35. Hayden Hatten, Idaho
36. Jordan Whittington, Texas
37. Bub Means, Pittsburgh
38. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint, Georgia
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 06:51 PM   #1953
In Mahomes I trust!

What would it take to move from 32 to 27 with the Cardinals to grab Brian Thomas Jr. Wanted Troy Franklin but, now hoping we might get a shot (slim) @ Brian Thomas Jr. or trade back and see what is left in the second round. Ladd McConkey? Xavier Legette? What if we get a team to grab Sneed for 2 draft picks? What then? Thoughts?
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM   #1954
MVP

Couple quick post-combine addendums to earlier posts I made:

It's always been my opinion the gauntlet drill translates pretty well to what you can expect these guys to turn out to be. The gauntlet doesn't show you much in terms of quickness/route running, but in my opinion it gives you a good idea who can catch, and who can catch at game speed. It's one of the reasons I wasn't as high as others on Jalin Hyatt last year.

My opinion of Keon Coleman has changed. I thought he killed the gauntlet drill, so his stock has gone up for me. I wasn't sure he had quickness and speed to separate and I questioned why FSU used him on punt returns. There's a difference between game speed and track speed. You're not catching a football running track. The way Coleman didn't slow down to catch those passes and how confidently he caught them with his hands really impressed me. He's a natural hands-catcher with great size and good game speed. He also showed better quickness than I expected in some of the other drills. We could do worse at pick 32 than this guy and since watching him at the combine, I wouldn't be at all disappointed if we picked him.

My reservations regarding Troy Franklin were exacerbated after watching his gauntlet and a few other drills. His 40 went as I expected, maybe even better. But he just doesn't seem like a natural hands-catcher to me. He weaved and he slowed down quite a bit in the gauntlet. Some of the other drills had me questioning his ability to fight through press coverage, run quick routes, and catch the football. He lost his balance in a lot of drills, seems like he'd be easy to jam. He has great speed, but I didn't see the quickness that you need to run crisp routes. And he just doesn't seem like a natural, confident catcher of the football to me. He's the kind of guy who could have a few drops early in his career that mess with his mind. Just my opinion and I could be wrong, I know a lot of you guys who I respect like him.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 07:16 PM   #1955
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
Couple quick post-combine addendums to earlier posts I made:

It's always been my opinion the gauntlet drill translates pretty well to what you can expect these guys to turn out to be. The gauntlet doesn't show you much in terms of quickness/route running, but in my opinion it gives you a good idea who can catch, and who can catch at game speed. It's one of the reasons I wasn't as high as others on Jalin Hyatt last year.

My opinion of Keon Coleman has changed. I thought he killed the gauntlet drill, so his stock has gone up for me. I wasn't sure he had quickness and speed to separate and I questioned why FSU used him on punt returns. There's a difference between game speed and track speed. You're not catching a football running track. The way Coleman didn't slow down to catch those passes and how confidently he caught them with his hands really impressed me. He's a natural hands-catcher with great size and good game speed. He also showed better quickness than I expected in some of the other drills. We could do worse at pick 32 than this guy and since watching him at the combine, I wouldn't be at all disappointed if we picked him.

My reservations regarding Troy Franklin were exacerbated after watching his gauntlet and a few other drills. His 40 went as I expected, maybe even better. But he just doesn't seem like a natural hands-catcher to me. He weaved and he slowed down quite a bit in the gauntlet. Some of the other drills had me questioning his ability to fight through press coverage, run quick routes, and catch the football. He lost his balance in a lot of drills, seems like he'd be easy to jam. He has great speed, but I didn't see the quickness that you need to run crisp routes. And he just doesn't seem like a natural, confident catcher of the football to me. He's the kind of guy who could have a few drops early in his career that mess with his mind. Just my opinion and I could be wrong, I know a lot of you guys who I respect like him.

I always liked Coleman. But his stock is the same for me. The problem with Coleman is though his upside is higher than a Franklin, it might take 2-3 years to get there.

Too risky to spend a 1st on that so for me he's a value in the 2nd if you can afford to be patient.

KC does not fit "can be patient" on that timeline.

Let a rebuilding team try that.

Give me Adonai, Thomas Jr, or McConkey.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-04-2024, 07:46 PM   #1956
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Is Worthy capable of putting 15+ pounds of muscle on his frame?

Jameson Williams and (to a much lesser degree) Devontae Smith have soured me on the string-bean-body field stretchers; I thought those dudes would be all-world.

The guys who end up being studs seem to be in the 5'11+, 195+ range. There are some outliers like Tyreek, but his speed and cuts are 1 of 1, and he's built thick as hell.

Jefferson, Chase, Diggs, Evans, Brown, Kupp, Lamb, McLaurin, Metcalf, Adams, St. Brown, Samuel, Olave, Rice, Nacua.... Those are the studs of the league.

Zay Flowers is legit, but, got the ball punched out in the AFCCG like a little bitch.

Give me another big boy. If you aren't at least 5'10 and 185+, I'm looking elsewhere.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 07:51 PM   #1957
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Crow's version sucks because my brain is constantly in flux haha. I'm not in the group that thinks 27 WRs are going in the first 2 rounds, though I think about 12 is entirely reasonable this year. I dinged small guys hardest for speed or agility and continued to knock some guys down for drops/tape I didn't like despite good workouts. Some guys are knocked for age too, such as Vele (26), Flournoy (24), and Jeshuan Jones (24)

My last version

Round 1
01. Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State
02. Rome Odunze, Washington
03. Malik Nabers, LSU
04. Xavier Worthy, Texas
05. Brian Thomas Jr., LSU
06. Troy Franklin, Oregon

Round 2
07. Adonai Mitchell, Texas
08. Ladd McConkey, Georgia
09. Keon Coleman, Florida State
10. Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky
11. JaLynn Polk, Washington
12. Jermaine Burton, Alabama

Round 3
13. Ricky Pearsall, Florida
14. Roman Wilson, Michigan
15. Jalen McMillan, Washington
16. Xavier Legette, South Carolina
17. Devontez Walker, North Carolina

Round 4
18. Malik Washington, Virginia
19. Jamari Thrash, Louisville
20. Jacob Cowing, Arizona
21. Brenden Rice, USC

Round 5
22. Ainias Smith, Texas A&M
23. Luke McCaffrey, Rice
24. Javon Baker, UCF
25. Cornelius Johnson, Michigan
26. Tayvion Robinson, Kentucky

Round 6
27. Tahj Washington, USC
28. Johnny Wilson, Florida State (probably a TE conversion)
29. Isaiah Williams, Illinois
30. Anthony Gould, Oregon State
31. Xavier Weaver, Colorado
32. Ryan Flournoy, Southeast Missouri State

Round 7
33. Devaughn Vele, Utah
34. Jeshaun Jones, Maryland
35. Hayden Hatten, Idaho
36. Jordan Whittington, Texas
37. Bub Means, Pittsburgh
38. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint, Georgia

Man, I agree with you on everything, except for Legette.

I understand he had no production prior to this year, but the dude is huge, fast, and explosive.

The only potential issue i see is if he can or cannot pick up this offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-04-2024, 08:09 PM   #1958
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
I always liked Coleman. But his stock is the same for me. The problem with Coleman is though his upside is higher than a Franklin, it might take 2-3 years to get there.

Too risky to spend a 1st on that so for me he's a value in the 2nd if you can afford to be patient.

I love Thomas, but no way he's still on the board at 32. Mitchell had a strong combine and might not be there either. Even though he's not a "sexy" pick, I'd have absolutely no problem with McConkey. He impressed me at both the Senior Bowl and the combine.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 08:34 PM   #1959
Generational Player

Quote:
I love Thomas, but no way he's still on the board at 32. Mitchell had a strong combine and might not be there either. Even though he's not a "sexy" pick, I'd have absolutely no problem with McConkey. He impressed me at both the Senior Bowl and the combine.
The Chiefs have an absolute HUGE NEED for a #1 WR in a draft with multiple guys that could be difference makers.

Maybe it's time to get quality over quantity and to move up instead of letting other AFC contenders take a guy that we could destroy worlds with.

To make up for the loss of draft capital just get a few nice value signings like Pennel to make up for the roster depth of the draft picks used to move up.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:00 PM   #1960
MVP

Quote:
The question is can Mcconkey play outside?
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:04 PM   #1961
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
The question is can Mcconkey play outside?
It's not a question. He can.

It's not going to be a vertical, take the top off role but he can line up and get open anywhere.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:09 PM   #1962
MVP

Quote:
The Chiefs have an absolute HUGE NEED for a #1 WR in a draft with multiple guys that could be difference makers.

Maybe it's time to get quality over quantity and to move up instead of letting other AFC contenders take a guy that we could destroy worlds with.

To make up for the loss of draft capital just get a few nice value signings like Pennel to make up for the roster depth of the draft picks used to move up.
I think we have a #1 in the making in Rashee Rice and want a guy that can play the move Z who opens up the field and can catch it when he does. You can preach all the Alpha bullshit in the world, but none of these guys are sure things when you start looking at them either. I've seen Rashee Rice on an NFL field and am pretty ****ing confident that a rookie that went for nearly 950 for Andy Reid in year 1 with an "Alpha" build is going to be pretty ****ing good. We need a dangerous slot and a move Z. And for those guys, you need guys that can run all day long because that's how Andy Reid uses them.

Are there things I don't like about Franklin, Worthy, McConkey, and Wilson? Abso****inglutely. But I like their type for what we need and the offense we run alot more than some of these other fringe guys like Coleman, Mitchell, and Corley. Give me the guys that can run the yard at 100% the entire game.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:14 PM   #1963
DeadPunisher

Quote:

So, I feel like Coleman could be a Brett Veach special, because one thing we know about Veach is a player's age really matters to him, and Coleman is 20 years old. He turns 21 in May.

I love his potential, and his skill set. And I feel like Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes can maximize his talent, and help him improve.

I wonder if he plans to run again at the Florida State pro day.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:16 PM   #1964
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
So, I feel like Coleman could be a Brett Veach special, because one thing we know about Veach is a player's age really matters to him, and Coleman is 20 years old. He turns 21 in May.

I love his potential, and his skill set. And I feel like Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes can maximize his talent, and help him improve.

I wonder if he plans to run again at the Florida State pro day.
I like Coleman.

Would rather go in a different direction though.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:17 PM   #1965
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I think we have a #1 in the making in Rashee Rice and want a guy that can play the move Z who opens up the field and can catch it when he does. You can preach all the Alpha bullshit in the world, but none of these guys are sure things when you start looking at them either. I've seen Rashee Rice on an NFL field and am pretty ****ing confident that a rookie that went for nearly 950 for Andy Reid in year 1 with an "Alpha" build is going to be pretty ****ing good. We need a dangerous slot and a move Z. And for those guys, you need guys that can run all day long because that's how Andy Reid uses them.

Are there things I don't like about Franklin, Worthy, McConkey, and Wilson? Abso****inglutely. But I like their type for what we need and the offense we run alot more than some of these other fringe guys like Coleman, Mitchell, and Corley. Give me the guys that can run the yard at 100% the entire game.

That would be nice.

But I don't take the lesser prospect because of hope.