Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-27-2021, 09:01 AM   #2
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
It absolutely SHOULD.

Drafting a LB in the 1st round is terrible value. Even if they needed LB's, it's terrible value.

LB is one of the least valuable positions on the field.
Wouldn't you say drafting a RB in the first is poor value as well?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:38 AM   #3
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
No, especially considering that a 1st round running back is going to see far more snaps than a linebacker in a 5-2.

For example, the Patriots had a 1st round RB when they won the Super Bowl against the Rams in Sony Michel. The Rams had a 1st round running back in Gurley in the 2018 Super Bowl and on and on and on.

Just because some teams might be able to find a running back later in the draft doesn't mean that those teams are going to win a Super Bowl.

There's not a chance in hell that the Chiefs are in the Super Bowl this year with Darrel Williams, DeAndre Washington and Darwin Award Thompson.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:43 PM   #4
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
No, especially considering that a 1st round running back is going to see far more snaps than a linebacker in a 5-2.

For example, the Patriots had a 1st round RB when they won the Super Bowl against the Rams in Sony Michel. The Rams had a 1st round running back in Gurley in the 2018 Super Bowl and on and on and on.

Just because some teams might be able to find a running back later in the draft doesn't mean that those teams are going to win a Super Bowl.

There's not a chance in hell that the Chiefs are in the Super Bowl this year with Darrel Williams, DeAndre Washington and Darwin Award Thompson.
It's not just some teams, it's most if not all teams. The Chiefs won a SB with an UDFA RB leading the way last year.

The Rams with Gurley couldn't get rid of him fast enough when he started breaking down.

The difference between a good and great running back is so small, it's not worth the investment.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2021, 03:34 PM   #5
In Search of a Life

Quote:
It's not just some teams, it's most if not all teams. The Chiefs won a SB with an UDFA RB leading the way last year.

The Rams with Gurley couldn't get rid of him fast enough when he started breaking down.

The difference between a good and great running back is so small, it's not worth the investment.
The Rams also spent their first pick last year (though a 2nd) to replace Gurley after using a 3rd in 2018 on Henderson.

I don’t think they’re the best example against drafting a RB high.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2021, 06:23 PM   #6
Supporter

Quote:

So, you think the difference between Derrick Henry and Darwin Award Thompson is "so small"?

If so, you and I evaluate talent much differently.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:48 PM   #7
In Search of a Life

Quote:
So, you think the difference between Derrick Henry and Darwin Award Thompson is "so small"?

If so, you and I evaluate talent much differently.
You consider Thompson to be a good running back?

I said the difference between good and great. Not great and average.
Old 01-27-2021, 06:53 PM   #8
Supporter

Quote:

Gurley was drafted in 2015 and led the Rams to the 2018 Super Bowl. I'd say that was worth a 1st round pick.

He also had pretty nice numbers:

2015: 1,294 yards from scrimmage, 10 TD's
2016: 1,212 yards from scrimmage, 6 TD's
2017: 2,093 yards from scrimmage, 19 TD's
2018: 1,831 yards from scrimmage, 21 TD's
2019: 1,064 yards from scrimmage, 14 TD's.

The guy also had well more than 310 touches per season from 2016-2018, so it's not surprising that the wheels fell off in 2020. It's also difficult to overstate that he had 70 Touchdowns in 5 years with the Rams.

Damien Williams has been in the league since 2014 and has a grand total of 22 TD's.

But sure, very little difference between the two running backs.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:51 PM   #9
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Gurley was drafted in 2015 and led the Rams to the 2018 Super Bowl. I'd say that was worth a 1st round pick.

He also had pretty nice numbers:

2015: 1,294 yards from scrimmage, 10 TD's
2016: 1,212 yards from scrimmage, 6 TD's
2017: 2,093 yards from scrimmage, 19 TD's
2018: 1,831 yards from scrimmage, 21 TD's
2019: 1,064 yards from scrimmage, 14 TD's.

The guy also had well more than 310 touches per season from 2016-2018, so it's not surprising that the wheels fell off in 2020. It's also difficult to overstate that he had 70 Touchdowns in 5 years with the Rams.

Damien Williams has been in the league since 2014 and has a grand total of 22 TD's.

But sure, very little difference between the two running backs.
That’s good numbers. It still was a shitty draft pick.

Running backs are easily found and easily replaced. Don’t draft them in the first round
Old 01-27-2021, 07:53 PM   #10
Supporter

Quote:
That’s good numbers. It still was a shitty draft pick.

Running backs are easily found and easily replaced. Don’t draft them in the first round
So, you think that the Rams would have won the NFC in 2018 without Gurley?

What are you smoking?
Old 01-27-2021, 07:58 PM   #11
Supporter

Quote:
If they're so easy to find, why the did the Chiefs running game suck ass in 2019?

If they're so easy to find, why did the Chiefs need to draft a running back in the first round this year?

If they're so easy to find, why does any team bother paying their running back after their contracts expire?

This is a really dopey narrative that's just spun out of control on Chiefsplanet. Sure, teams can hit on guys in the 2nd and 3rd rounds but there's generally a reason as to why running backs that are drafted from the 4th-7th generally don't do dick in the NFL.

And while there have been a few undrafted guys that will play well for a year or two, the reason why they went undrafted usually rears its ugly head sooner rather than later.

This is almost as bad as you saying that if Mahomes needed to sit for year, you wouldn't spend anything more than a 3rd rounder on him.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:33 PM   #12
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Yeah, I would. Leading up to the draft, I would not have drafted CEH.

That being said, I'm far beyond criticizing the stuff that they do so if they decide to take an OL at #32, you won't hear me bitch about it.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2021, 02:26 PM   #13
Veteran

Quote:
I would say yes it was poor value, and its one of the reasons I am not a Veach cheerleader yet. I like CEH, he's a good player but I don't think he would be any more productive for the Chiefs than any of the other RBs taken last year in the 2nd or hell Antonio Gibson went in the 3rd, so did Zack Moss. They all would have been fine in this offense.

I can see the appreciation for Veach in that he did enough to get the in position to win the Superbowl, but he's made several bad moves as well.

If he can navigate the next year or 2 to secure the dynasty without having to blow it up and reset for a year plus, he will go up in my estimation.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-27-2021, 02:46 PM   #14
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
I would say yes it was poor value, and its one of the reasons I am not a Veach cheerleader yet. I like CEH, he's a good player but I don't think he would be any more productive for the Chiefs than any of the other RBs taken last year in the 2nd or hell Antonio Gibson went in the 3rd, so did Zack Moss. They all would have been fine in this offense.

I can see the appreciation for Veach in that he did enough to get the in position to win the Superbowl, but he's made several bad moves as well.

If he can navigate the next year or 2 to secure the dynasty without having to blow it up and reset for a year plus, he will go up in my estimation.
Dude, take CEH out of the rookie class and he still knocked it out of the park. Danna, Wharton, Sneed - this past offseason was a home run.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2021, 03:35 PM   #15
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post

Holy shit what a ****ing moron you are.

Veach is the best GM in the NFL and just had one of the best drafts you could possibly hope for picking at the bottom of every round. Every GM has misses. Nobody is perfect. Get a ****ing clue dude.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote