Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-03-2022, 06:57 PM  
sorta mod-ish

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2022, 10:29 AM   #121
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Ok, this is high praise coming from you. Going to go check this out immediately.
Go watch it as soon as you can.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2022, 10:33 AM   #122
Immanentize The Eschaton

Brave New Worlds is, I swear, Star Trek in every single way that Discovery isn't.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 11:06 AM   #123
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Just finished the season finale. Not only the best episode of the season, but it ranks among the best Star Trek episodes ever. Absolutely fantastic.
Gonna watch it tonight, but this is high praise. I have really enjoyed Strange New Worlds--even at its worst it has been light years ahead of Picard and Discovery.
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2022, 11:08 AM   #124
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
OK. Good. Because if you said anything other than that I would have told you to go **** yourself. That shit was golden.
This makes me wish Season 1 was longer. Season 2 is already in production at least. Hopefully Paramount recognizes what a success this is and Trek can continue to move in that direction.

Early speculation on Picard Season 3 gives me a little hope...I still need to finish up Season 2---but it has been such a dissappoint so far.
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 11:38 AM   #125
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Go watch it as soon as you can.
Frazod didn't lie, that was as good as Star Trek has been in quite some time. Many, many subtle nods to its own past that were done fantastically. They took a "same old, same old" formula and mastered it for this episode.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2022, 02:14 PM   #126
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

So many cool things about this episode.

Spoiler!

This episode really exists in rarified air. I'd put it the top ten all time, and I don't say that lightly. We haven't seen Star Trek this good since DS9. Really looking forward to season 2.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2022, 02:27 PM   #127
sorta mod-ish

Quote:

Spoiler!

This episode really exists in rarified air. I'd put it the top ten all time, and I don't say that lightly. We haven't seen Star Trek this good since DS9. Really looking forward to season 2.
Also

Spoiler!
Old 07-07-2022, 03:01 PM   #128
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Also

Spoiler!
They lifted several musical cues from the original episode as well.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:53 PM   #129
Supporter

Absolutely great episode.
Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-08-2022, 03:34 AM   #130
MVP

Quote:

Spoiler!

is o
Completely agree...this episode was amazing and one of the best of any Trek ever.

The TOS episode they refer back to is one of my favorites, and the music, dialogue, and scenes they replayed all turned out excellent.

Can't wait for the next season......and Lord knows, I have not said that about Trek for a long, long, time.
Old 07-08-2022, 07:47 AM   #131
Here We Go Again

Quote:
They lifted several musical cues from the original episode as well.
I have loved all the musical cues they've lifted for the series as a whole. A TON of them sprinkled in here and there in every episode.

This series has nearly redeemed Paramount for the disaster that is Discovery.

Very excited to see season 2!

Though I have to say I'll be sad if #1 stays in lockup.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:45 AM   #132
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Spoiler!
Old 07-08-2022, 08:22 PM   #133
New and Improved

This season was way too short, damnit!
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:40 AM   #134
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
This season was way too short, damnit!
I thought that as well. Maybe with the feedback they'll have gotten from the first season, they'll find some funding to add some more eps next season. Hopefully.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:59 AM   #135
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:

Spoiler!

There is just so much good stuff to mull over from this episode that I am still soaking it in. I mean, that is how you do a season ender, holy shit. I might go back and watch the entire season again. One of the things I liked about the episode that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is that it really hammers home exactly why Spock did (will do) what he did (does) for Pike in The Menagerie. It's not just loyalty. It's not just friendship. It's a debt of honor that must be repaid and damn the costs or consequences. The showrunners have taken a throwaway pilot that was repurposed for budget reasons (IIRC) and just exploded from that starting point.