Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-22-2020, 08:46 AM   #2
#RIPAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
Took a trip to Panama City for my HS Spring Break in March 2000. Drove from KC to FL, passing through Alabama, of course. The one thing about that trip I will never forget is stopping at a McDonalds off of I-65 somewhere in Alabama and walking into a place that looked like it was still straight out of the 60s. Lines for white folks and lines for black folks. And the people in there just went about their business like it was a normal as could be.

Alabama is a cesspool of racist rednecks.
Seriously? Were there signs?
CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:53 AM   #3
Dirty Bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief View Post
In all honestly, I cannot remember if there were signs or not. My friends and I were shocked (I just text a few of them I still speak with to see if they can recall) and didn't quite know what to make of it. Growing up in the midwest, none of us had seen anything like that other than in textbooks / educational videos. Only thing I can vividly recall is that it was off right off of an exit ramp and that there were about 5-6 lines, far side had 3 lines with only black people and the side closest to the door when had entered from had 2 lines of only white people.

Probably would not have seemed like such a big deal to us, but it was right around lunch time and the place was packed. And it definitely did not feel like it was simply random that the lines were split out that way.
RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:03 AM   #4
Hockey Town

Quote:
In all honestly, I cannot remember if there were signs or not. My friends and I were shocked (I just text a few of them I still speak with to see if they can recall) and didn't quite know what to make of it. Growing up in the midwest, none of us had seen anything like that other than in textbooks / educational videos. Only thing I can vividly recall is that it was off right off of an exit ramp and that there were about 5-6 lines, far side had 3 lines with only black people and the side closest to the door when had entered from had 2 lines of only white people.

Probably would not have seemed like such a big deal to us, but it was right around lunch time and the place was packed. And it definitely did not feel like it was simply random that the lines were split out that way.
It's where you live in the midwest....I could take you 20-30 minutes from where I live and find you some really deplorable opinions...
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:09 AM   #5
Dirty Bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
It's where you live in the midwest....I could take you 20-30 minutes from where I live and find you some really deplorable opinions...
No doubt. I've been around plenty of racist individuals in my lifetime, but I had never seen anything as blatant as segregated lines at a McDonalds.
RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:12 AM   #6
Hockey Town

Quote:
No doubt. I've been around plenty of racist individuals in my lifetime, but I had never seen anything as blatant as segregated lines at a McDonalds.
I've never personally seen anything like that, did it feel like a time warp?
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:15 AM   #7
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Reminds me of some conservative's story here about going to Burger King in San Diego and no one spoke english....
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:41 AM   #8
Veteran

Quote:

Well did you end racism by getting in the lines with black people or did you continue racism by going to the lines with white people?

In all seriousness though, probably starts innocently but after a period of time people just grouped together.

I got through mississippi and usually around jackson and I've pulled up to a gas station at 2 in the morning that was hopping. I was the only white person at the place, there were probably about 50 cars parked in the lot with about 15 different songs blaring at full blast. It was an experience. Strangely I did not notice any funny looks about stopping there. I think this was monday so they had started selling liquor a couple hours earlier. I should have grabbed some food from the station, it smelled wonderful.
tyecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-22-2020, 09:52 AM   #9
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Growing up in the midwest, none of us had seen anything like that other than in textbooks / educational videos.
In Branson, Missouri (i.e. the Midwest), there is a Dixie Outfitters store that sells Confederate merchandise and is operated by relatives of current KKK leadership.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:05 AM   #10
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
In Branson, Missouri (i.e. the Midwest), there is a Dixie Outfitters store that sells Confederate merchandise and is operated by relatives of current KKK leadership.
That's pretty well known I'd think.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:03 AM   #11
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief View Post
I've seen the still working and labeled "black" and "white" drinking fountains from that era at a rest stop. There is a small plaque explaining its a living history display.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:08 AM   #12
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Took a trip to Panama City for my HS Spring Break in March 2000. Drove from KC to FL, passing through Alabama, of course. The one thing about that trip I will never forget is stopping at a McDonalds off of I-65 somewhere in Alabama and walking into a place that looked like it was still straight out of the 60s. Lines for white folks and lines for black folks. And the people in there just went about their business like it was a normal as could be.

Alabama is a cesspool of racist rednecks.
Oh bull shit. I've been through Alabama 30 plus times and have never seen segregated lines in any store I've been in. Are there racist people in Alabama? Yes.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:17 AM   #13
Dirty Bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by philfree View Post
Oh bull shit. I've been through Alabama 30 plus times and have never seen segregated lines in any store I've been in. Are there racist people in Alabama? Yes.
Yeah, making it up just to fit an agenda.

I don't give a shit whether you believe it or not. I witnessed it with my own eyes. It's the one damn thing I remember more than anything else about that Spring Break trip. I already said I can't recall if there were signs actually making it "required segregation", I just stated that is how the lines were formed inside the restaurant.

I'm glad you're 0 for 30 in your trips through Alabama, but I'm 1 for 1. Maybe things have changed a little bit in the last 20 years.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:22 AM   #14
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
I'm glad you're 0 for 30 in your trips through Alabama, but I'm 1 for 1. Maybe things have changed a little bit in the last 20 years.
Since I've only been down here 10 years, I cant speak for 20 years back..... its not blatant like black and white lines that you saw 20 years ago but racism is still alive and well in AL from my anecdotal experience.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:24 AM   #15
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Yeah, making it up just to fit an agenda.

I don't give a shit whether you believe it or not. I witnessed it with my own eyes. It's the one damn thing I remember more than anything else about that Spring Break trip. I already said I can't recall if there were signs actually making it "required segregation", I just stated that is how the lines were formed inside the restaurant.

I've been driving through Alabama sine the late 80s and I have never seen that. Maybe that's what you thought you saw and maybe that moment in time there were lines that had whites and then blacks but it was probably just a coincident.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.