Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2024, 09:14 AM  
In Search of a Life

Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?

Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.

Last edited by staylor26; 04-25-2024 at 06:21 AM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 02:58 PM   #346
GDT Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModSocks View Post
Feels like all signs point to a trade down. The cost to trade up for a LT will likely be too much, and i can't imagine they'd trade up for a WR.

And the WR's that will be available at 32 likely won't be all that different from the next grouping of WR's that are expected to go in the 2nd.

This draft has "trade down" written all over it.
Trade up for Bowers and run two TE sets with Brown and Rice on the outside. I know, not very realistic because we’d likely have to get to 15 or under. But one can dream!
493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-23-2024, 02:59 PM   #347
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I think it was Duncan that pointed out that Morgan measures almost identically to Slater. With that in mind, I'm not sure how anyone could still be down on him. He's incredibly athletic and a very very smart player. I think he would be a turnkey option at LT. Maybe not a premier player in his first year or two, but better than Morris and likely better than what we got on balance last season.

His floor is just so high.
Morgan's short arms is troublingly perfect for a OG , but everyone isn't an exception to the rule like Slater
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:01 PM   #348
In Search of a Life

He's got the athleticism to make up for the short arms.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:02 PM   #349
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Morgan's short arms is troublingly perfect for a OG , but everyone isn't an exception to the rule like Slater
Well Trey Smith is as good as gone next season so if that's 'all' he ever becomes, it's still a damn fine fallback.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:06 PM   #350
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
He's got the athleticism to make up for the short arms.
Sam Cosmi did too, but didn't work out.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:11 PM   #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Sam Cosmi did too, but didn't work out.
I don't think Cosmi was as smooth as Morgan; Morgan's awfully polished.

But let's also not forget that Cosmi was a pretty solid OT for a couple years in Washington before they moved him inside. Frankly, I don't think it was necessary to do so. He's overqualified for the position (which is why he kinda kicked ass at it last season).

And again, with Smith likely pricing himself out of here, "What if he's Sam Cosmi" is by no means a reason to pass on him...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:15 PM   #352
The man you could post like.

Trading down sounds completely ridiculous to me, especially considering the incredibly high probability a plug and play LT slides into the teens. I'd much rather overpay to go up for a player like that than move back for a pittance if we're destined to get ****ed either way.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:18 PM   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Trading down sounds completely ridiculous to me, especially considering the incredibly high probability a plug and play LT slides into the teens. I'd much rather overpay to go up for a player like that than move back for a pittance if we're destined to get ****ed either way.
If I could give up next year's 2nd rounder (knowing I have TN's 3rd) to get up to Fautanu, I'm absolutely happy to do that.

After him, I don't see the high probability of another plug and play LT; at least no more with someone like Mims or Guyton than Morgan or Kingsley.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 03:25 PM   #354
Starter

If KC is really "all in" for a three-peat, trading down seems counterintuitive.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:33 PM   #355
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post
If KC is really "all in" for a three-peat, trading down seems counterintuitive.
Seriously. Let's give up our 5th year option (presumably on a WR or LT, positions that are constantly ballooning in salary year over year) AND slide further down the board for day 3 chaffe. Makes no sense.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 04:21 PM   #356
Mahomes > God

Take it for what it’s worth but Nate just said a bit ago that Veach has made it known to virtually every other team that he wants to move up and is “willing to go as high as you’ll let me” when referencing other teams…
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-23-2024, 04:47 PM   #357
In Search of a Life

Nate who?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:05 PM   #358
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Nate who?
Taylor I'm sure.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:05 PM   #359
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
Take it for what it’s worth but Nate just said a bit ago that Veach has made it known to virtually every other team that he wants to move up and is “willing to go as high as you’ll let me” when referencing other teams…
Where'd he say this?
Old 04-23-2024, 05:14 PM   #360
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
Hmmmm

Hmmm

Hmm

Hm

H
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.