Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics > In Memoriam
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-19-2023, 08:27 AM  
MY LITTLE #15

RIP Skip Towne

To our best knowledge (basically, Bwana), Skip Towne passed away on March 24, 2023. I didn't exactly have the most positive run-ins with him, but everyone who was anyone on here in the beginning deserves a thread in the In Memoriam forum.

I say we share our best (or worst) encounters with Skip, and then, only once this thread reached 100 posts, move it.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2023, 11:55 AM   #61
World's finest morphius

I remember messing with the reputation system a few times, changing the colors on him to red, and his counts, etc. He so needed that affirmation that it was kind of weird. But hey, RIP Skip, hope you found what made you happy.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 11:57 AM   #62
I'll be back.

haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Towne View Post
I won a state championship in high school (which I can prove) and I doubt I ever hit a 300 yard drive.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2023, 11:59 AM   #63
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
Younger than I would have assumed at 77 year old. 18 years ago I felt like he was 77.

I was always on the right side of the fence (KU fan) with Skip, so I never had issues with him. Think he called me a n00b a few times, but that was it.

Yeah, that was my first thought as well.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:01 PM   #64
MY LITTLE #15

Quote:
Younger than I would have assumed at 77 year old. 18 years ago I felt like he was 77.

I was always on the right side of the fence (KU fan) with Skip, so I never had issues with him. Think he called me a n00b a few times, but that was it.
I was never in good standing with him due to my dad having a certain lady friend. Plus, I don't think they agreed on much. When I came along, that animosity transferred over to me.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 12:13 PM   #65
Starter

Damn. RIP Mr. Towne
Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:22 PM   #66
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

RIP Skip. He was a funny dude.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 07-19-2023, 12:22 PM   #67
MVP

Never interacted with Skip. He stopped posting by the time I really started posting. Looking at his post history and found that he had 35 posts the day before his last posts here. Seems weird he just stopped all of the sudden. He wasn't fighting with anyone. It's weird.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:27 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
I was never in good standing with him due to my dad having a certain lady friend. Plus, I don't think they agreed on much. When I came along, that animosity transferred over to me.
Your dad was dating his ex wife or something?
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:32 PM   #69
MY LITTLE #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Your dad was dating his ex wife or something?
No. I believe he was just jealous.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:33 PM   #70
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Never interacted with Skip. He stopped posting by the time I really started posting. Looking at his post history and found that he had 35 posts the day before his last posts here. Seems weird he just stopped all of the sudden. He wasn't fighting with anyone. It's weird.
If I remember correctly, he did one of the major no-no's here and was put in timeout.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:34 PM   #71
El Diablo

RIP
carlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-19-2023, 12:36 PM   #72
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
I think there was a reason, but I don't remember what it was. He got fed up with something or someone.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:37 PM   #73
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
If I remember correctly, he did one of the major no-no's here and was put in timeout.
Or maybe it was that. I just recall that there was a reason that he stopped posting.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:40 PM   #74
Emporer of Mongo

Slightly before my time... RIP.

Seems like from scanning his posts , he was pretty prolific in posting. Seemed like a sudden drop off in posting if I am running my search correctly. Very active until 1-26-2010. Lots of posts about sports and other stuff...and then 1 day later ... poof.

Anyone know why he stopped posting? I didn't see anything like fighting or butthurt in his last few posts.

Anyhow.. RIP... chiefsplanet is my home and it wouldn't be what it us without the og's like Skip

(edit: I see others asked an answered the same question. I typed this all out and was cooking. came back and hit enter and saw some other similar posts. guess we all wondering the same)
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:41 PM   #75
Supporter

****er is an afterlife n00b now. I hope someone slings some shit at him.

I never really got into it with him before I showed up in a KU thread where he said something like I have no idea who you are, probably a ****ing n00b but you can’t be that bad if you’re a KU fan.

Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.