Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-25-2021, 12:45 PM  
Kind of a mod

Who are the national media types that ARE solid?

With so much angst about what the national media thought coming into yesterday's game, it got me wondering about which talking heads ARE worth the time. And I'm not talking about people who are generally Chiefs "fans" at some level like Pete Schrager (or obviously Nick Wright) so much as guys who are actually pretty objective and bring something to the conversation.

I see Chris Simms thrown out a lot, and I've enjoyed what I've watched of him. Rich Eisen seems solid. Who else?
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2021, 06:34 AM   #76
MVP

Yeah Riddick is good. I find RJ Bell's straight outta Vegas show entertaining.
jerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-27-2021, 07:03 AM   #77
'Tis my eye!

Love the thing about Thornhill.

I wonder if the fact he missed the SB run last year is weighing on him. I hope it is because he's playing like a man possessed.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:36 AM   #78
World's finest morphius

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Love the thing about Thornhill.

I wonder if the fact he missed the SB run last year is weighing on him. I hope it is because he's playing like a man possessed.
The way he played in week 17 I thought there was a strong chance we would be looking for another safety this offseason.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:23 AM   #79
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
I like Dan Orlovsky, Marcus Spears, Ryan Clark on ESPN. Boomer on CBS has always been pretty spot on, while Phil Simms seems to have a bone to pick with the Chiefs(maybe to offset his son). Jimmy Johnson on FOX is about the only one whose opinion I trust on their show. Terry Bradshaw is a moron. Howie Long still hates the Chiefs. Tony is Tony being Tony.
Bradshaw was good 30 years ago. He changed his slant from knowledgeable analyst to insufferable ham almost overnight - clearly a play to ratings and attentuon/success.
Azide22 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Azide22 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Azide22 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Azide22 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Azide22 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Azide22 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:11 PM   #80
Fight, build, win!

I have liked Riddick since the first I heard him on 810 whb Border Patrol when talk first hit that Andy was coming to KC.

Easily the worst are Wiley and Acho it's just unwatchable.

Pat McAfee is ok but AJ Hawk his cigar smoking sidekick is annoying. Reminds me of Kramer on his smoking bings. Jerry says his face looks like Catcher mitt and Kramer replies don't look at me I'm hideous.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:16 PM   #81
The Insider

SVP's SportsCenter is the best sports show on tv.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:54 PM   #82
Mahomes Dynasty

Already been said but...

Simms, Orlovsky, McAfee, Baldy

And I'll have to admit...I don't hate Shannon Sharpe "as much" as I used to.

Even though he's a KC homer, I still can't stand Nick Wright. He means well for rep KC, but dude is just annoying. His crush on Lebron is very annoying as well.

He reminds me of Gonzo the muppet character...maybe it's the nose.

Correction...it's def the nose.

Whitlock has gotten a lot better over the yrs. He'll always have a soft spot just for what he did with donating to the Save our Chiefs movement, that ended up being part of a catalyst that resulted in Reid's hire.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:58 PM   #83
Mahomes Dynasty

Quote:
I like Dan Orlovsky, Marcus Spears, Ryan Clark on ESPN. Boomer on CBS has always been pretty spot on, while Phil Simms seems to have a bone to pick with the Chiefs(maybe to offset his son). Jimmy Johnson on FOX is about the only one whose opinion I trust on their show. Terry Bradshaw is a moron. Howie Long still hates the Chiefs. Tony is Tony being Tony.
I remember during his playing days as a Chief, Spears would work for Metro Sports and would hang out in the student sections of HS games.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:03 PM   #84
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
Even though he's a KC homer, I still can't stand Nick Wright. He means well for rep KC, but dude is just annoying. His crush on Lebron is very annoying as well.
I dislike him BECAUSE he's a KC homer. It's one thing to be a homer when you're on a Chiefs-specific show. It's another to be argumentative about it when you're on a national show that is (theoretically) intended to provide interesting insights.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:14 PM   #85
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I dislike him BECAUSE he's a KC homer. It's one thing to be a homer when you're on a Chiefs-specific show. It's another to be argumentative about it when you're on a national show that is (theoretically) intended to provide interesting insights.
His Chiefs shtick can definitely get very annoying but the man has always had great takes. There's a reason he rose from a small market sports radio guy to someone on national network TV. It definitely wasn't his face (his words, not mine).
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:18 PM   #86
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
I remember during his playing days as a Chief, Spears would work for Metro Sports and would hang out in the student sections of HS games.
I think that is a different Marcus Spears.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:21 PM   #87
Plays to win the game!

Chris Simms is solid, I have a certain fondness for Shannon Sharpe, even though I can't understand him worth a damn sometimes but he loves Mahomes and the Chiefs nowadays so I let his reign as a Bronco slide a bit. Pat McAfee is always entertaining.

I'm really tired of sports media saying, "The Chiefs will be without Mitchell Schwartz for the Super Bowl." Like, mother ****er, we haven't had him since mid October, we didn't need him the last time we went up 27-10 on the Buccaneers so stop talking about Mitchell Schwartz.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:54 PM   #88
Feeling Victorian

Quote:
Pat McAfee is fantastic...his show on YouTube is must watch when I can. Eisen is pretty good too. I can't stand any show with Skip Worthless.
McAfee is funny as hell. Just watched one bit this morning on all the impulse buys he made when he was a rookie.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2021, 02:20 PM   #89
Feeling Victorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
Chris Simms is solid, I have a certain fondness for Shannon Sharpe, even though I can't understand him worth a damn sometimes but he loves Mahomes and the Chiefs nowadays so I let his reign as a Bronco slide a bit. Pat McAfee is always entertaining.

I'm really tired of sports media saying, "The Chiefs will be without Mitchell Schwartz for the Super Bowl." Like, mother ****er, we haven't had him since mid October, we didn't need him the last time we went up 27-10 on the Buccaneers so stop talking about Mitchell Schwartz.
Losing Fisher is the biggest deal at the moment. I know a lot of people gave him grief but we could sure use Cam Erving next week.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2021, 02:29 PM   #90
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azide22 View Post
Bradshaw was good 30 years ago. He changed his slant from knowledgeable analyst to insufferable ham almost overnight - clearly a play to ratings and attentuon/success.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.