Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2024, 07:28 AM  
Veteran

Trade 2025 1st round pick?

I tried trading our 2025 1st round pick in a draft simulator and the simulator wildly overvalued the pick, at least in my opinion. I guess the general approach is to value a future pick in the middle of the round, but that assumes no good information about the team's expected finish this coming season. I think it's far more likely that the Chiefs will be finishing near the top than in the middle, let alone the bottom.

This is all in relation to exactly how the Chief's 2025 1st pick should be valued. It's a 1st round pick so it carries the 5th year option like all the other 1st round picks, but it seems very likely to be somewhere close to the last pick of the round, if not the very last. How much should the pick be discounted given that it is in the future? The last pick of the 2024 first round is valued at 590 points in the chart I consult, so if you choose that as your value for the pick, should there be any discount at all considering that it can't possibly get any worse?

What approach do the Chiefs take when considering whether to trade the pick, and what approach do other teams take when considering taking that pick as part of a deal? Any thoughts here?
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old 04-20-2024, 01:26 PM   #16
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedinTexas View Post
No, but they'll be interested in helping themselves. They may demand more for making a trade with the Chiefs and it may be so much that we won't make any trades, but they will trade if the price is right.
May? They absolutely will ask for more from KC and they would be prudent to not do it.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-20-2024, 01:52 PM   #17
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
May? They absolutely will ask for more from KC and they would be prudent to not do it.
However they want to bargain, but they will trade with us if they feel like they're getting what they want.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old 04-20-2024, 05:17 PM   #18
In Mahomes I trust!

I thought this was interesting...

NFL.COM 7 round mock draft

https://www.nfl.com/news/seven-round...-draft-round-1

Round 1

Pick
19 Kansas City Chiefs
Xavier Worthy
Texas · WR · Junior
PROJECTED TRADE WITH LOS ANGELES RAMS

I won't count out the Chiefs packaging multiple picks to move up even higher for Brock Bowers, but in this scenario, they send their second-round selection (No. 64) to the Rams to jump into the top 20 for Worthy, whose speed is made for the Chiefs' offense.
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 06:19 PM   #19
sorta mod-ish

So they're going to trade up for a guy whose pro comp is.........Hollywood Brown. Nah, don't see it.

You go up there and one of the target left tackles is still on the board, you better grab him.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 06:27 PM   #20
sorta mod-ish

Damn, they have Troy Franklin going at pick 70 to the Giants. And here I am saying I'd be thrilled if he was our pick at 32, lol.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2024, 08:50 PM   #21
MVP

If we trade to 19 and it’s not for a tackle or BTJ I will be disappointed.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 01:03 AM   #22
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
If we trade to 19 and it’s not for a tackle or BTJ I will be disappointed.
lol wut ?

If these guys (Andy, Veach, Clark, Pat) feel strongly enough about another player with “unicorn speed” to give up multiple picks to go up and get him…every one of us should be excited.

It would have the potential to be a “what if we paired Dwayne Bowe with Tyreek Hill” type shit, but taking it to another level with us already having Hollywood (albeit, only for 1 year)
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2024, 11:50 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
lol wut ?

If these guys (Andy, Veach, Clark, Pat) feel strongly enough about another player with “unicorn speed” to give up multiple picks to go up and get him…every one of us should be excited.

It would have the potential to be a “what if we paired Dwayne Bowe with Tyreek Hill” type shit, but taking it to another level with us already having Hollywood (albeit, only for 1 year)
Hmmm.... not to get off topic, but that's an interesting name drop.

Curious, how do CPer's feel about D Bowe looking back?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-21-2024, 12:05 PM   #24
Comfortably Numb

On the ESPN mock I traded 2025 1st round pick, #32 and #64 to Giants for #6. Seems unlikely they would accept that, but I would have thrown in the 2nd 5th too if needed to get Alt.

Round 1, Pick 6

Joe Alt
Notre Dame
Rk: 5
OT

Round 3, Pick 95

Devontez Walker
North Carolina
Rk: 87
WR

Round 4, Pick 131

Caelen Carson
Wake Forest
Rk: 132
CB

Round 5, Pick 159

Will Shipley
Clemson
Rk: 172
RB

Round 5, Pick 173

Cedric Johnson
Ole Miss
Rk: 121
DE

Round 7, Pick 221

Jaden Crumedy
Miss. State
Rk: 135
DT
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 05:37 PM   #25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
lol wut ?

I like worthy but his 4.22 speed does t show up on tape. Hes fast on the field but doesn’t use it to threaten like it’s clocked. And he’s 160lbs. I’ll give Veach the benefit of the doubt but I’d rather move up for a btj at 4.33 210 than worthy’s 4.22 at 160. One of these is wholly more impressive to me. Now if btj is gone and that first tier has been wiped out, he wouldn’t be upset if they moved up to guarantee the first pick of that second tier to avoid a skyy Moore type run.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-22-2024, 07:53 AM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
I like worthy but his 4.22 speed does t show up on tape. Hes fast on the field but doesn’t use it to threaten like it’s clocked. And he’s 160lbs. I’ll give Veach the benefit of the doubt but I’d rather move up for a btj at 4.33 210 than worthy’s 4.22 at 160. One of these is wholly more impressive to me. Now if btj is gone and that first tier has been wiped out, he wouldn’t be upset if they moved up to guarantee the first pick of that second tier to avoid a skyy Moore type run.
Pretty sure my roommate had a dog bigger than him in college.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-22-2024, 11:49 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Pretty sure my roommate had a dog bigger than him in college.
Was it a good dog?