Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-28-2020, 04:10 PM   #2
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I finally saw Tenet last night and really enjoyed it. I really didn't have any issues with the sound, although one of my kids had some difficulty hearing so I put on the captions about halfway through. I avoided spoilers and this thread because I wanted to see it as "fresh" as possible.

I didn't really find the story to be overly complicated. Nolan always leaves clues in his work as to where the story is going, so I just paid great attention to all of the details of the film, so the 3rd act wasn't a surprise at all for me, because I expected Nolan to once again, warp reality.

The visuals of the "Inverse" were pretty freaking cool, although I found some of the physics to be a bit odd but the moment I saw the truck driving backwards and the green car crash, I knew it was related to whatever reveal by the end of the film. I even thought it was the Protagonist who JDW was wrestling with early in the film and thought they must be the same characters because they knew each other's moves.

The casting was excellent and it was really cool to see Kenneth Branagh as a "bad guy", which like so many of Nolan's films, is really more of a "Point of View" than clear Black & White.

IMO, it was another phenomenal Nolan film and while it could be the start of a franchise, it could quickly become "generic", for lack of a better word, in the wrong hands.

Overall, I thought it was an really cool concept and I was really impressed with Robert Pattinson's performance. I haven't decided where it stands for me in terms of his overall body of work but it's definitely up there, with Inception being my definitive #1 Nolan film.
See Post #135
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-29-2020, 10:41 PM   #3
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
See Post #135
That's just what he wants you to think...
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:45 PM   #4
sorta mod-ish

Well, I'm basically locked in with the ice storm today, so maybe I'll fire this up.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-29-2020, 10:39 PM   #5
Supporter

After thinking about this film for a few days, the main thing that sticks with me, outside of the amazing visuals and because JDW is always awesome, is the performance of Robert Pattinson.

I'd never seen him in any movie, ever. All I really knew of the guy was tabloid nonsense and dopey werewolf films that spawned that beast by the name of Kristen Stewart. I didn't think he could "act" because all anyone talked about were his looks and the tabloid shit. And he never really got any substantial and meaty roles, so I had no idea what to expect.

Well mother**** me, he was ****ing outstanding! That dude should be the next Bond, not Tom Hardy. He had that quiet confidence that makes "attractive" men on film, like a Sean Connery, cool as ****. He's also got the height and physicality for the role.

If Hayden Christensen had been half as cool, the Prequels would have been the greatest movies ever to me.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:30 AM   #6
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:
After thinking about this film for a few days, the main thing that sticks with me, outside of the amazing visuals and because JDW is always awesome, is the performance of Robert Pattinson.

I'd never seen him in any movie, ever. All I really knew of the guy was tabloid nonsense and dopey werewolf films that spawned that beast by the name of Kristen Stewart. I didn't think he could "act" because all anyone talked about were his looks and the tabloid shit. And he never really got any substantial and meaty roles, so I had no idea what to expect.

Well mother**** me, he was ****ing outstanding! That dude should be the next Bond, not Tom Hardy. He had that quiet confidence that makes "attractive" men on film, like a Sean Connery, cool as ****. He's also got the height and physicality for the role.

If Hayden Christensen had been half as cool, the Prequels would have been the greatest movies ever to me.
While the Twilight movies were a total grab at a certain audience (in my case: wife & teenage girls) the acting/role by Pattinson in those movies wasn't bad at all, and actually make those movies tolerable when being forced to watch them with your family.

The scenario somewhat reminds me of Leonardo Dicaprio after his role in Titanic. He was the national heartthrob to the point of annoyance... but as time went by, he came into his own with new roles.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:30 AM   #7
Veteran

Quote:

Robert Pattinson in Good Time is worth a watch, also enjoyed his performance in The King as the Dauphin of France.
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:19 AM   #8
"You like to drink?"

Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2021, 02:08 PM   #9
Supporter

As I mentioned some time ago in a related thread, Christopher Nolan is done with Warners.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/want-to...es-11611247554

After spending years as a top Warner Bros. director, Christopher Nolan, who wrote and directed last year’s “Tenet,” is unlikely to return to the studio with his next project, in part because he was disappointed with the studio’s hybrid distribution strategy for 2021, according to people familiar with the matter.
Old 01-22-2021, 05:34 PM   #10
In Search of a Life

Quote:
As I mentioned some time ago in a related thread, Christopher Nolan is done with Warners.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/want-to...es-11611247554

After spending years as a top Warner Bros. director, Christopher Nolan, who wrote and directed last year’s “Tenet,” is unlikely to return to the studio with his next project, in part because he was disappointed with the studio’s hybrid distribution strategy for 2021, according to people familiar with the matter.
So he’s pissed about HBOMax?

He did get his way with Tenet.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2021, 05:42 PM   #11
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
So he’s pissed about HBOMax?

He did get his way with Tenet.
Nolan believes in the "Cinematic Experience" and does not like the new Warner's model of releasing directly to HBO Max and to theaters simultaneously.

He won't have any problem setting up shop with a different studio.
Old 02-06-2021, 10:25 PM   #12
Supporter

I am watching tenet. I am big fan of Nolan's work. This movie is decent but the music over important dialogue is really distracting, and annoying.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-06-2021, 10:28 PM   #13
Supporter

I loved Inception and the Batman movies. Hell, I'm even a fan of Interstellar. Many didn't care for it but I thought it was brilliant.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:25 AM   #14
Mahomes Fanboi

I finally revisited Tenet... and I'm glad I did! Once I understood what was going on and had that "ahha! lightbulb" moment, the movie really pulled me in.

Nolan's dialogue still annoys me at times... especially on parts where people are speaking through oxygen masks. Yes, I love realism and the attention to detail, but with really loud sound effects, it's hard as hell to hear some of the dialogue you "think" you need to hear.

In the end, some missed dialogue isn't a killer... and I am sure I will go back and watch this movie again just to pick up on some things I missed. (Much like Inception which is one of my fav movies of all time)

So... in conclusion: another bravo to Nolan for putting a smile on my face and forcing me to think about the movie AFTER it's over.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:32 AM   #15
"You like to drink?"

Nothing against the son of Denzel but he and Pattison should have switched roles.