Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-01-2024, 07:41 AM   #751
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
For my 2 cents I agree with your top 5. I'd have Worthy lower, I prefer Mitchell and Walker, but I'm cooling on Walker again. Don't like Coleman or Legette but I'm not sure how low I'd have them. I'd have Wilson above McMillan. I don't really like Rice but I'm not sure who there I'd have above him, probably Pearsall. I know everyone hates McConkey and I get it, but I'd have him higher. Maybe not for the Chiefs I guess.
I'd take a healthy dose out of there if it were the Chiefs only type of ranking.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 07:53 AM   #752
MVP

This would be more of my Chiefs list...

Let's face it, we aren't getting up for Harrison, Nabers, or Odunze so
01. Troy Franklin, Oregon
02. Brian Thomas Jr., LSU
03. Xavier Worthy, Texas
04. Devontez Walker, North Carolina
05. Adonai Mitchell, Texas (I am a bit concerned about his ability to separate in the pros but I think I hear enough outside voices that I'll trust more than my opinion)
06. Jermaine Burton, Alabama
07. Jalen McMillan, Washington
08. Roman Wilson, Michigan
09. Brenden Rice, USC
10. JaLynn Polk, Washington
11. Javon Baker, UCF
12. Ricky Pearsall, Florida
13. Jamari Thrash, Louisville
14. Isaiah Williams, Illinois
15. Luke McCaffrey, Rice
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-01-2024, 08:04 AM   #753
In Search of a Life

Franklin does seem to really fit with Rice on the other side. You'd probably like to add a vet in FA that isn't necessarily just a deep threat, but the "chain moving" big catch guys are usually pretty decently priced in FA.

Take another flyer on a buy low type 2nd contract vet who's coming off a poor fit rookie contract that could make you some value.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2024, 08:05 AM   #754
In Search of a Life

Franklin and Worthy are probably the top of my list of who actually has a chance of being available.

I don't like Legette as much as I did. Watching the SR bowl, he seems a bit less explosive than advertised to me, but I haven't watched it all and that's a small sample.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2024, 08:59 AM   #755
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I'll hone this and welcome input... this is kinda where I'm sitting on the WRs right now:

1st
01. Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State
02. Malik Nabers, LSU
03. Rome Odunze, Washington
04. Troy Franklin, Oregon
05. Brian Thomas Jr., LSU
06. Xavier Worthy, Texas
?

2nd
07. Devontez Walker, North Carolina
08. Keon Coleman, Florida State
09. Adonai Mitchell, Texas
10. Xavier Legette, South Carolina
11. Jermaine Burton, Alabama
12. Jalen McMillan, Washington
?

13. Roman Wilson, Michigan
14. Brenden Rice, USC
15. JaLynn Polk, Washington
16. Javon Baker, UCF
17. Ricky Pearsall, Florida
18. Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky
19. Ainias Smith, Texas A&M
20. Jacob Cowing, Arizona
21. Jamari Thrash, Louisville
22. Isaiah Williams, Illinois
23. Ladd McConkey, Georgia
24. Malik Washington, Virginia
25. Luke McCaffrey, Rice
I like the list! Lot's of draft heads are onto Walker, glad there's no injury concerns. 32nd pick is turning into kind of an awkward spot to take a WR IMO. I think 6 will go before us, Franklin will probably be one of them, and then maybe 6 again in the 2nd. At #32 we'll have our shot at one of guys with a question mark: hands, routes, health, or production.. then at the end of the 2nd we're already into the 4th or 5th tier of WRs. Burton is climbing up everyone's list it seems.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-01-2024, 10:01 AM   #756
Andy Reid Supporter

I think the Chiefs could either stay where they are or so a small trade up like Rice last year. This WR class blows last years out of the water in both top twenty and depth.

I think they're gonna take a lineman in rd 1 and then WR
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2024, 10:08 AM   #757
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I think the Chiefs could either stay where they are or so a small trade up like Rice last year. This WR class blows last years out of the water in both top twenty and depth.

I think they're gonna take a lineman in rd 1 and then WR
OL or DL?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2024, 10:11 AM   #758
In Search of a Life

I don't really like an OL that early in taht I'm not sure any of the T's there are really LT's
Old 02-01-2024, 10:59 AM   #759
MVP

I could see a small move up in the 1st for Franklin, Thomas Jr, or Worthy.

If we stand pat, I like Coleman, Legette, or Walker.

If we were going to trade up in the 2nd I'd target Burton or Polk.

If we stand pat at the bottom of the 2nd I'd target Rice Jr or maybe Thrash.
Old 02-01-2024, 11:16 AM   #760
In Search of a Life

They don't have the picks to move up. There's no trading up this year.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 11:24 AM   #761
Veteran

Everyone really on the Worthy train? I would be super disappointed with Worthy in the first round. Obviously his top end speed is fantastic and would provide the Chiefs with an immediate deep threat but I feel like he is too much of a one trick pony. I don't think Worthy is going to command a ton of targets every week, and for a team who has an aging tight end, I think the Chiefs need to find a receiver who can handle more of the workload. Franklin to me would still give you a guy who can stretch the field but is going to be way more valuable in the short/intermediate areas of the field. Thomas Jr isn't going to stretch the defense as effectively but again is going to be more effective in a lot more situations.

Worthy is gonna splash but to me he is similar to Jameson Williams. A nice piece on the offense but is complimentary at best.
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.
Old 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM   #762
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
They don't have the picks to move up. There's no trading up this year.
Way too early to make such a definitive statement - we don't know if they maybe tag and trade someone like Jones or Sneed (doubtful but still possible) or if they could trade 2025 picks, also doubtful but you never know.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-01-2024, 11:37 AM   #763
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
This would be more of my Chiefs list...

Let's face it, we aren't getting up for Harrison, Nabers, or Odunze so
01. Troy Franklin, Oregon
02. Brian Thomas Jr., LSU
03. Xavier Worthy, Texas
04. Devontez Walker, North Carolina
05. Adonai Mitchell, Texas (I am a bit concerned about his ability to separate in the pros but I think I hear enough outside voices that I'll trust more than my opinion)
06. Jermaine Burton, Alabama
07. Jalen McMillan, Washington
08. Roman Wilson, Michigan
09. Brenden Rice, USC
10. JaLynn Polk, Washington
11. Javon Baker, UCF
12. Ricky Pearsall, Florida
13. Jamari Thrash, Louisville
14. Isaiah Williams, Illinois
15. Luke McCaffrey, Rice
Ah interesting, I can see the internal logic there.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-01-2024, 11:40 AM   #764
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
Everyone really on the Worthy train? I would be super disappointed with Worthy in the first round. Obviously his top end speed is fantastic and would provide the Chiefs with an immediate deep threat but I feel like he is too much of a one trick pony. I don't think Worthy is going to command a ton of targets every week, and for a team who has an aging tight end, I think the Chiefs need to find a receiver who can handle more of the workload. Franklin to me would still give you a guy who can stretch the field but is going to be way more valuable in the short/intermediate areas of the field. Thomas Jr isn't going to stretch the defense as effectively but again is going to be more effective in a lot more situations.

Worthy is gonna splash but to me he is similar to Jameson Williams. A nice piece on the offense but is complimentary at best.
Yeah I'm not that high on him. We do need a field stretcher, so he'd help there, but guys like Franklin and Thomas offer more - that's why they'll probably go earlier!
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-01-2024, 11:46 AM   #765
In Search of a Life

Ricky Pearsall apparently had such a good start to his Senior Bowl week that he got the call to end it early.

I'd include him in that group of 2nd rounders.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.