Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-12-2014, 04:26 PM  
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Broncos news megathread

Discussion: All things Broncos.

Last edited by ROYC75; 01-11-2017 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Change Title, Please?
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-03-2024, 12:42 PM   #72811
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe View Post
Kurt Benkert had an interesting All22 breakdown of this game:

The full vid:

Spoiler!
I'm not watching that. I asked you or anybody to tell me specifically where in that game, against his toughest competition all season, do you see Drew Brees level accuracy.

Just like with Zerlein, I'm sure Benkert likes Nix, and I'm also sure that he'd laugh at your Drew Brees+ comparison.

You can like Nix while understanding that he's a high floor low ceiling old ass QB prospect.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2024, 12:48 PM   #72812
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
To be accurate you have to be on time. Drew Brees was very accurate because he was on time. Bo Nix is on time and accurate as well. I don't know where you guys are getting at from probably some b******* basement analysis.

Sean Peyton says he's accurate and that he and Nix connected. That connection is what made Drew Brees and Sean so successful running an offense. We'll see what happens. In the end, Drew Brees doesn't have s*** to do with Bo and Bo don't have diddly to do with Drew Brees.
Apparently you know more than draft guru Dane Brugler.

Ball placement can be better, as he often makes his targets dig out tough grabs … relies more on his arm strength than sound mechanics, which affects his accuracy

It's pretty damn obvious from watching this guy that he doesn't have the ball placement of Drew Brees. Of course he has a high completion %...two thirds of his throws are within 10 yds of the LOS and a third are behind the LOS. There were two players in all of FBS with a lower depth of target.

But that's nice that the guy who drafted him said he's accurate.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-03-2024, 12:49 PM   #72813
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Here's Bo Nix against his toughest competition this year:

https://youtu.be/HyNuHjqf7LY?si=rx_n1ZJi94jem7Q8

Somebody watch that and tell me where they see this Drew Brees level accuracy.

I'll wait...
I think it was the one that hit the ref that sold me!
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-03-2024, 12:53 PM   #72814
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post

Ball placement can be better, as he often makes his targets dig out tough grabs … relies more on his arm strength than sound mechanics, which affects his accuracy

It's pretty damn obvious from watching this guy that he doesn't have the ball placement of Drew Brees. Of course he has a high completion %...two thirds of his throws are within 10 yds of the LOS and a third are behind the LOS. There were two players in all of FBS with a lower depth of target.

Brugler sees it exactly how I do.

He's accurate in terms of completion %, but I'm not seeing this Brees level accuracy and perfect ball placement consistently whatsoever.

If he's not showing that level of accuracy consistently in college, then he's not all of a sudden going to become the most accurate QB in NFL history with legs. That's not how accuracy works. Typically, you can improve, but not drastically.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 12:54 PM   #72815
Three-Pat

Quote:

Another crazy thing is that even if a QB is on time it doesn't mean he will be accurate. If it were that easy most above average QBs would have 70%+ completion percentages.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 05-03-2024, 12:58 PM   #72816
MVP

Quote:
This just screams "most accurate QB in NFL history with legs"!
Bottom line: these homers are so, so desperate for a taste of what's going on in KC right now.
Old 05-03-2024, 01:30 PM   #72817
No Keys, No Problem

Quote:

It's not about what I know, I accept Sean Payton's analysis over anybody and that includes Dave Booger, Mel kiper, Cecil lamy, Tom McShay or whoever the f*** you want to name. They're not in the building. They don't work in pro football at a coaching level. They are hacks
Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-03-2024, 01:43 PM   #72818
Shameless Homer

Quote:
Drew Brees is arguably the most accurate QB we've ever seen. He's a HOF QB.

You are saying Nix's upside is Brees+.

You are not a serious person.
You say I'm not a serious person. I poke my head in here about twice a year, and remember that this thread, for the most part, is not about serious discussion. Because I know that you aren't ignorant; so, you must just be disingenuous, right? Because an honest, intelligent person doesn't deliberately start a conversation with one premise ("upside"), and then switch, midstream, to another one ("You delusional fool. Drew Brees is on his way to Canton. Duh!")

The definition of upside is "promise, potential, best-case scenario." It isn't a prediction. It's the top end of a range.

I said that his upside is an more athletic version of Drew Brees. It's a fact that by almost any measurable, Bo Nix, at this stage, has been more successful than Drew Brees, at the same stage. And the strengths of his game are similar to what were considered the strengths of Brees' game, coming out of college - except Bo Nix is more athletic.

But then what happened with Drew Brees? He became Drew Brees. We don't know that Bo Nix will do something similar. The odds are against him, considering how few quarterbacks have that kind of career. You guys just take that simple concept and try to extrapolate something from it that was never said - hence, the statement that this is not a serious place.

The whole point is, again, that it's stupid to say, "Grade F! You guys just got the second coming of Jake Locker!" I can't speak for anyone else. But the point I made was that it was similarly stupid to say in 2017, "You dummies reached for Patrick Mahomes. He may as well have 'BUST' tattoo'd on his forehead."
DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:50 PM   #72819
Shameless Homer

Quote:
It's not about what I know, I accept Sean Payton's analysis over anybody and that includes Dave Booger, Mel kiper, Cecil lamy, Tom McShay or whoever the f*** you want to name. They're not in the building. They don't work in pro football at a coaching level. They are hacks
Sean McVay apparently, too.

https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/statu...33125853262231

(Sorry - not sure how you embed a tweet on this site.)
DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-03-2024, 01:53 PM   #72820
MVP

Quote:
The guy who drafted Ian Book, Tommy Stevens, Garrett Grayson, Sean Canfield, chose to coach washed Russell Wilson (and hyped him up) and thought Taysom Hill was a QB? That Sean Payton?

What exactly would you expect him to say, btw? That the guy he just reached for at #12 is inaccurate? This is like saying "my mom thinks I'm handsome and I trust her analysis over anyone else!"

Anyone who thinks this guy has the ball placement skills of Drew Brees is either blind or hasn't seen him play much.
Old 05-03-2024, 01:56 PM   #72821
Veteran

Damn....Donk fans getting emotional in here

Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:02 PM   #72822
Shameless Homer

Quote:
The guy who drafted Ian Book, Tommy Stevens, Garrett Grayson, Sean Canfield, chose to coach washed Russell Wilson (and hyped him up) and thought Taysom Hill was a QB? That Sean Payton?

What exactly would you expect him to say, btw? That the guy he just reached for at #12 is inaccurate? This is like saying "my mom thinks I'm handsome and I trust her analysis over anyone else!"

Anyone who thinks this guy has the ball placement skills of Drew Brees is either blind or hasn't seen him play much.
Another way of putting it would be, "the guy who took the real Drew Brees when almost no one else wanted him and immediately turned him into Drew Brees."
Old 05-03-2024, 02:03 PM   #72823
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
You say I'm not a serious person. I poke my head in here about twice a year, and remember that this thread, for the most part, is not about serious discussion. Because I know that you aren't ignorant; so, you must just be disingenuous, right? Because an honest, intelligent person doesn't deliberately start a conversation with one premise ("upside"), and then switch, midstream, to another one ("You delusional fool. Drew Brees is on his way to Canton. Duh!")

The definition of upside is "promise, potential, best-case scenario." It isn't a prediction. It's the top end of a range.

I said that his upside is an more athletic version of Drew Brees. It's a fact that by almost any measurable, Bo Nix, at this stage, has been more successful than Drew Brees, at the same stage. And the strengths of his game are similar to what were considered the strengths of Brees' game, coming out of college - except Bo Nix is more athletic.

But then what happened with Drew Brees? He became Drew Brees. We don't know that Bo Nix will do something similar. The odds are against him, considering how few quarterbacks have that kind of career. You guys just take that simple concept and try to extrapolate something from it that was never said - hence, the statement that this is not a serious place.

The whole point is, again, that it's stupid to say, "Grade F! You guys just got the second coming of Jake Locker!" I can't speak for anyone else. But the point I made was that it was similarly stupid to say in 2017, "You dummies reached for Patrick Mahomes. He may as well have 'BUST' tattoo'd on his forehead."
I know you're reeruned, so I'm going to try and explain things like I'm talking to a 5 year old.

Patrick Mahomes was a high upside low floor prospect.

Bo Nix is a high floor low upside prospect.

There's no comparison to be made between the two, so I don't understand why you morons continue to bring up Mahomes. Look at Mahomes scouting reports and then look at Nix. They are two totally different ends of the QB prospect spectrum.

Drew Brees is a HOF QB and the most accurate QB the NFL history. "Brees with legs" is a very high upside comparison and completely delusional.

Being as generous as possible, I think Zerlein's Tony Romo comparison is much more fair, and that's absolutely best case scenario.

Drew Brees was already several years into his NFL career at 24, so I don't know what the **** you're talking about with your "at this stage" bullshit. His sophomore stats at Purdue are better than anything Nix did in his first 4 years. There's no comparison.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:05 PM   #72824
MVP

Quote:

Speaking of that, what was the consensus on the Orange Mane when Mahomes was drafted? And don't BS me.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:17 PM   #72825
Three-Pat

Quote:
Another way of putting it would be, "the guy who took the real Drew Brees when almost no one else wanted him and immediately turned him into Drew Brees."
Except Brees had been steadily improving and most likely stayed a Charger had they not already drafted Rivers.
tredadda has disabled reputation