Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-23-2019, 02:58 PM  
Special Teams ACE!!!

***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Last edited by RealSNR; 07-23-2019 at 05:44 PM..
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:58 AM   #2266
In Search of a Life

It was just 7-on-7 that they showed, but Murray was the center with the first group, and Reiter was in with the second unit.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:00 AM   #2267
In Search of a Life

Ogbah and Okafor off with injuries.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:01 AM   #2268
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
Ogbah and Okafor off with injuries.
Both rode front seat up the hill
So we’ll see
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:04 AM   #2269
Curmudgeon

Just a thought. If we have Okafor and Ogbah at one DE and Clark and Speaks at the other, Kpass is probably the odd man out. But if you move him around to be able to play both inside and out, now you have a logjam at DT. Jones (barring contract problems), Nnadi, and Saunders are most likely locks. Hamilton plays well enough for 2nd string and we have Ivie in the mix. What about X. Williams and his almost $3M contract? Could he be expendable via a trade?

And yes, I saw both Okafor and Ogbah rode off in the golf cart. I don't worry too much if they're in the front seat.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:06 AM   #2270
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Both rode front seat up the hill
So we’ll see
One tweet said they were looking at upper body on Ogbah.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:08 AM   #2271
Veteran

DTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-04-2019, 09:12 AM   #2272
Your mom

Just cut Dieter now
CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:27 AM   #2273
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Just a thought. If we have Okafor and Ogbah at one DE and Clark and Speaks at the other, Kpass is probably the odd man out. But if you move him around to be able to play both inside and out, now you have a logjam at DT. Jones (barring contract problems), Nnadi, and Saunders are most likely locks. Hamilton plays well enough for 2nd string and we have Ivie in the mix. What about X. Williams and his almost $3M contract? Could he be expendable via a trade?

And yes, I saw both Okafor and Ogbah rode off in the golf cart. I don't worry too much if they're in the front seat.
I think they may keep 10 dl

Kpass has had too good of a camp to cut yet, gotta see games
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:33 AM   #2274
Special Teams ACE!!!

HE'S TOTALLY TAKING SHERMAN'S JOB GUYZZZZZZ!!!!!!!
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:41 AM   #2275
Andy Reid Supporter

Not worried about guys missing practice. Guys are gonna be sore and have minor nagging strains, pulls etc. All part of getting back in football shape
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:42 AM   #2276
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Damn, what did he think? It's obviously curving.
The curve is the Magnus Effect; simple physics on a spinning object w/ a textured surface. The ball he threw to Escobar in the pre-season last year was the best example I've seen of it. He just throws with such high spin that the ball grabs the air and turns. For any spinning object it will do it over distance but most guys don't have the kind of spin rate to do it over the shorter distances that Mahomes ball will do it over. If anybody's ever played 1b with a shortstop that likes to overthrow the ball from the hole, they know exactly what I'm talking about - everything has an armside tail. It's easier on a baseball because it's a small sphere with raised seams, but a freak of nature like Mahomes appears capable of doing it with a football even if I'm not entirely convinced the curve is on purpose. He just has an innate understanding of how his body works - the end location is by design but I don't think he's truly cognizant in real-time of bending the ball.

Where I found it most interesting, though, was on the balls that reach their apex, nose over and then drive down towards its target. I think it's the same cause, just a different manifestation of it. When most guys passes get to their apex they've lost enough velocity that they start to flutter, sorta like a heavy rifle round over distance. If they don't have enough muzzle velocity, they lose their ballistics properties relatively quickly. The spin becomes less extreme and they become slaves to the surrounding air.

But a high velocity rifle round will reach its apex with a lot of spin/speed still and it will continue to track true all the way to its target.

Mahomes ball has so much energy and spin all the way through its apex that my belief is that even when it noses down, it still has spin helping it drive accurately through the air. That's why they nose down so aggressively when he throws the shit out of them; they seem to do an immediate 30 degree peel over and then almost attack their intended target.

It's just a matter of spin rate, IMO.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:46 AM   #2277

Here's the throw that got me looking into it:

That's spin rate, man. That thing noses over and has so much spin/velocity on it that it doesn't slow down. For most QBs that nose will just kinda roll over when it's reach it's apex and it will meander towards its end point. But Mahomes' ball is still spinning like a top so the nose pulls over hard and it continues to travel almost as well as it was traveling when it left his hand. So the thing just divebombs towards it's receiver.

And Mahomes control of his instrument is the only thing that makes him aware of how that ball is going to behave when he releases it. You give anyone else the ability to do that and it would take 2 years for him to figure out how to utilize it. They'd be expecting 'normal human being' flight paths. Mahomes knows how his ball works and how to use it so he can do shit like that when nobody else could even with that kind of arm strength.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:53 AM   #2278

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I think they may keep 10 dl

Kpass has had too good of a camp to cut yet, gotta see games
I can't get to 10 unless I'm just missing someone.

Clark, Ogbah, Okafor, Speaks, K-Pass
Jones, Nnadi, Saunders

So they COULD choose to keep 10 with Williams and Hamilton, but why would they? Speaks appears likely to be moving inside given his gigantically fat ass. K-Pass is getting inside reps as well.

I think Williams is gone. I just don't see any reason for him to be here given his relative ineffectiveness last year, his lack of a standout performance this year and the ability to save some cap long-term by moving on from him.

Hamilton I could maybe see staying as he was a steady, effective player who's cheap. He's a poor man's Nnadi and that has value.

I just don't see a reason to keep 10. And honestly, if the camp reports have been fair, I don't see a need to keep Speaks. But I'm not exactly an unbiased narrator here either.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:04 AM   #2279
testing ... 1, 2, 3

I would prefer all the Speaks hate to be redirected toward Ragland.

Surely we all know that it takes a couple of years (often more) for a defensive lineman to make the jump to the NFL. Nutrition, off-season strength training, technique development and refinement ... they all contribute to the player's ability to effectively transition. And those are not switch-flip deals ... they require time and dedication and more time.

I'm not giving up on Speaks yet. Not at all. I see his fat ass as a potential run-game base and, given Clark's influence on him, he could be a 2019 wildcard. I will gladly discard Ragland, though.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:09 AM   #2280

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
I would prefer all the Speaks hate to be redirected toward Ragland.

Surely we all know that it takes a couple of years (often more) for a defensive lineman to make the jump to the NFL. Nutrition, off-season strength training, technique development and refinement ... they all contribute to the player's ability to effectively transition. And those are not switch-flip deals ... they require time and dedication and more time.

I'm not giving up on Speaks yet. Not at all. I see his fat ass as a potential run-game base and, given Clark's influence on him, he could be a 2019 wildcard. I will gladly discard Ragland, though.

FAX
I've seen several people weigh in on Ragland and universally they have been impressed by his athleticism and aggressiveness this season. By all accounts he looks very good in camp and if we're speaking exclusively on merit, he'll have made the team.

And by the same token, Speaks has looked lethargic and caught in between. From what I've read/heard, his draft status is the only reason he'll make the team.