Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:21 PM   #18781
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Yeah that's true. Fauci isn't an economist he is trying to fight this through an physician and immunologist's eyes. that's where Trump and his team have to make some tough decisions and find the right middle ground.

I just always believe it is important to remember economy will come back but when someone is dead there is no coming back from that.
I don't disagree in principle. It's just that there has to be a middle ground SOMEWHERE. Is all this economic damage warranted if one person dies from it? Sadly, no. What about 10 million? Definitely, yes.

But where is the answer between the two extremes?

Hell if I know.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:22 PM   #18782
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I'll just throw a third way out there: while you can't shut it down forever and you can't let it run unchecked, perhaps a full shut down was needed to grasp the extent of the problem which can then be followed by more targeted shut downs so that you avoid a runaway pandemic while also providing targeted containment on the other side.
I think that's the hope for what the way forward will look like. Things won't be normal until there's a widely available vaccine, but hopefully we can get closer to normal once the initial surge is under control.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:23 PM   #18783
Supporter

Quote:
I'll just throw a third way out there: while you can't shut it down forever and you can't let it run unchecked, perhaps a full shut down was needed to grasp the extent of the problem which can then be followed by more targeted shut downs so that you avoid a runaway pandemic while also providing targeted containment on the other side.
"Targeted shutdown" sounds good but not sure how practical it really is. The only way to move forward is to identify some effective treatments until we get a vaccine. And put some hope into herd immunity to a large extent.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:28 PM   #18784
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Exactly. We are being very reactionary in our response and justifiably so to a degree. But we cannot pretend there isn't a cost. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, right? "Shelter in place" cannot be the answer going forward after we get out of this phase.
While I'm not seeing the usual traffic on the roads, people in general aren't sheltering in place. Liquor store is like New Years Eve.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:28 PM   #18785
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
"Targeted shutdown" sounds good but not sure how practical it really is. The only way to move forward is to identify some effective treatments until we get a vaccine. And put some hope into herd immunity to a large extent.
There is a possibility you don't get a vaccine. We didn't get one for SARS, MERS, or HIV.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:28 PM   #18786
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
I'm not sure either. I know Fauci did say Trump and his team are working on plans to start easing social distancing measures soon. So we'll find out sooner rather than later what a 'targeted shutdown' is.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:32 PM   #18787
Inmem 2.0

Seems over the top but I'm good with it

https://www.newsweek.com/dr-fauci-am...luenza-1496772
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:32 PM   #18788
Supporter

Quote:
There is a possibility you don't get a vaccine. We didn't get one for SARS, MERS, or HIV.
True but I think you get the point I am trying to make.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:34 PM   #18789
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
I'm not sure either. I know Fauci did say Trump and his team are working on plans to start easing social distancing measures soon. So we'll find out sooner rather than later what a 'targeted shutdown' is.
Well as far as "opening up" I think you are going to have to start with things like theaters and restaurants not allowing more than 50 people at time and such. Gyms will probably have to stay closed. Amusement parks will probably stay closed. I think bars and restaurants are going to be an easy way to loosen things up and see how things go for a few weeks. Or something along those lines.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:35 PM   #18790
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post

Well that could be said for just about any virus.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:37 PM   #18791
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Well as far as "opening up" I think you are going to have to start with things like theaters and restaurants not allowing more than 50 people at time and such. Gyms will probably have to stay closed. Amusement parks will probably stay closed. I think bars and restaurants are going to be an easy way to loosen things up and see how things go for a few weeks. Or something along those lines.
I have no idea man and I'm not even going to try to act like I do know but your idea seems reasonable. Gyms are definitely going to take a big hit until a vaccine comes out. Stripclubs too

Here's a good video on what we can possibly expect. It doesn't sound good but it's better than what we currently got going on.

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/dr...en-81713733998
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:38 PM   #18792
Supporter

Quote:

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:41 PM   #18793
Prestige Worldwide

Looks like 7,000 less new cases today per worldometer, so that’s good.
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:42 PM   #18794
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
You made me do this...

NSFW:

Spoiler!
Old 04-08-2020, 05:44 PM   #18795
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:

It's hard to judge another man's resolve with an elbow bump...
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.