Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-19-2022, 10:01 AM   #2
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutamess View Post
/KanyeShrug

All I see is complaint after complaint and you not doing anything about it. Am I wrong?

Maybe you should read slower then. Don’t make assumptions like I haven’t talked to the coach when I stated we have during his evaluations. The whole point of the thread is if and when you should talk about these other things. So yes, you’re wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2022, 10:10 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Maybe you should read slower then. Don’t make assumptions like I haven’t talked to the coach when I stated we have during his evaluations. The whole point of the thread is if and when you should talk about these other things. So yes, you’re wrong.

I'm sorry I didn't read through the thread as I surely missed that you've had convos with the coach. It certainly wasn't in the thread topic.

If you've had conversations with the coach, I don't know what the point of this thread is at this point.

Are you attention whoring? Offseason is kind of slow.

Anyways... I suggest finishing the season (as it's too late to say anything at this point) and try finding a organization/coach/team that'll allow him to flourish in his own way. That's not necessarily a team with players that are better than him as he'll be setting himself up for failure. We tend to think that playing with better players will push our kids.

I say getting with a better coach that's technical and believes in development & growth (especially at that age) is more important.
wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-19-2022, 08:06 AM   #4
What's up braj?

Have you considered ****ing the coach’s mom and sending him the video?
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 12:52 PM   #5
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
Have you considered ****ing the coach’s mom and sending him the video?
This is a very sweet suggestion!
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 08:14 AM   #6
MVP

If the play footage of the stands to the kids. It would probably thin down the competition
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-19-2022, 08:16 AM   #7
MVP

Does the coach have a girlfriend that comes to the practices?

You should get fresh with her and while you are staring at her tits, complain a little about how shitty the coach is.
jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-19-2022, 08:23 AM   #8
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I've spoken w/ a coach once.

My 8 yr old plays on a girls basketball team. These girls are mostly in their 2nd year (3rd session) and are still struggling to dribble in traffic, find an open teammate and/or get a shot off without having to slow down so much they get stuffed.

So what's he spend 45 minutes doing? Teaching them to embellish a charge. Mind you, he doesn't teach them how to TAKE a charge (my daughter thought mere contact got the charging foul). He doesn't teach them what a charge is. He just has them get in a line and then come out to 'play defense' and when he'd bump them with a forearm they'd throw themselves to the ground.

I left the stands when my daughter was on the baseline and said "we'll talk about this at home, I'll teach you what a charge is and how to earn one, but if I see you flopping when someone brushes you out there, I'll come on the court and take you off it..."

So her coach comes over to me to discuss interrupting practice or whatever - pft. I didn't walk in the middle of the huddle and I didn't shout so the other girls could hear. I wasn't even on the court; she was at the baseline. I repeated exactly what I told her and said that he's here to teach these girls the fundamentals of the game at this age. He's here to teach them how to play the game the right way. He's NOT here to teach a bunch of girls who can't dribble with their off-hand how to work the refs.

Had he not come up to me, I wouldn't have said anything to him about it. But that's piss-poor coaching, IMO. I've coached youth baseball/t-ball and soccer and I'm pretty much impossible to rattle so it's not like I haven't spoken w/ parents in the past. I get that nobody wants to be undermined. But I wasn't going to have my daughter walking out of there thinking that being a european soccer pussy was the way to play a game that she certainly won't be playing past 12 yrs old.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 12:52 PM   #9
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I've spoken w/ a coach once.

My 8 yr old plays on a girls basketball team. These girls are mostly in their 2nd year (3rd session) and are still struggling to dribble in traffic, find an open teammate and/or get a shot off without having to slow down so much they get stuffed.

So what's he spend 45 minutes doing? Teaching them to embellish a charge. Mind you, he doesn't teach them how to TAKE a charge (my daughter thought mere contact got the charging foul). He doesn't teach them what a charge is. He just has them get in a line and then come out to 'play defense' and when he'd bump them with a forearm they'd throw themselves to the ground.

I left the stands when my daughter was on the baseline and said "we'll talk about this at home, I'll teach you what a charge is and how to earn one, but if I see you flopping when someone brushes you out there, I'll come on the court and take you off it..."

So her coach comes over to me to discuss interrupting practice or whatever - pft. I didn't walk in the middle of the huddle and I didn't shout so the other girls could hear. I wasn't even on the court; she was at the baseline. I repeated exactly what I told her and said that he's here to teach these girls the fundamentals of the game at this age. He's here to teach them how to play the game the right way. He's NOT here to teach a bunch of girls who can't dribble with their off-hand how to work the refs.

Had he not come up to me, I wouldn't have said anything to him about it. But that's piss-poor coaching, IMO. I've coached youth baseball/t-ball and soccer and I'm pretty much impossible to rattle so it's not like I haven't spoken w/ parents in the past. I get that nobody wants to be undermined. But I wasn't going to have my daughter walking out of there thinking that being a european soccer pussy was the way to play a game that she certainly won't be playing past 12 yrs old.
Was it Coach K?
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2022, 09:19 AM   #10
Supporter

When I've coached younger age groups, I've had 3 rules that I tell the kids and make them repeat at practices or before games.
1. have fun
2. do your best-try as hard as you can
3. If you do 1 and 2, good things will happen.

Some of the things above are not age appropriate, and that stuff is problematic.

I'm still on the fence about the value of the "highly competitive" travel stuff for kids under 10. It puts a lot of pressure on these kids and probably takes the fun out of it....and we wonder why there is such a drop off in participation when the kids get to the age to compete for their schools.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2022, 09:37 AM   #11
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm still on the fence about the value of the "highly competitive" travel stuff for kids under 10. It puts a lot of pressure on these kids and probably takes the fun out of it....and we wonder why there is such a drop off in participation when the kids get to the age to compete for their schools.
I only played tee ball growing up, two years. Pretty sure it was before all this travel league nonsense they have going on these days.

I quit before little league because quite frankly, I sucked. I mean I got better over the two years going from right field, to left, to 3rd. But man, I never ever have had an arm. Not bad with a glove but couldn't throw. And I knew it, so knew it wasn't for me, so I ended it there. A pickup game was fine but all the practices and games. I'd just rather be doing something else. I'm sure that's where a lot of kids are after years of doing it.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2022, 09:43 AM   #12
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
When I've coached younger age groups, I've had 3 rules that I tell the kids and make them repeat at practices or before games.
1. have fun

Some of the things above are not age appropriate, and that stuff is problematic.

The problem with highly competitive sports is the time demands. We're getting there with gymnastics (she spends 8 hours/week at the damn gym).

And you want them playing/doing as many things as they show an interest in. Well if you're in competitive soccer - you aren't going to have time for basketball. If you want to do high level softball, gymnastics is out.

And so many of those activities have components to them that will help in other sports. So you hate sacrificing one for the other. But ultimately the way youth sports have gone, you pretty much have to. I mean when the local HS Baseball team is coached by a guy who also coaches a competitive traveling team, how do you think you're gonna make the high school squad when that coach has 20 kids he knows trying out as well that he's worked with all summer and has worked with them for 3-4 years?

It's really a cruddy little conundrum. I guess the answer is club teams but that's not the full high school athletics experience either, IMO. I loved gamedays in high school; wearing the letter jacket and football jersey on Fridays and feeling like a big swinging dick even though I knew I was riding the bench. The comradery of coming in on Monday and talking about the game with your schoolmates is just different.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2022, 09:53 AM   #13
Supporter

Quote:
1. have fun

I agree with all of this. And I have told my son from day 1 that if you want the most or more playing time you have to earn it. But there is a difference between lesr playing time and no playing time and how you go about it. My general concern, however, is not about playing time but how the guy coaches overall. My son can play pretty much anywhere you put him. I would say at this point he is a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none, type.

But when you have 4 kids on the bench, 3 go in as a sub and 3 come out and the 3 that came out go back in and 1 kid is still sitting there never seeing any time it starts to approach the bullshit level. At that point you aren't being a coach of a little league team. You're just being a dick. And to be bluntly honest, while my kid is one of the slowest, he is also one of the most disciplined, one of the best with his foot skills, one of the best passers, never gets in trouble for goofing off at practice, always listens and rarely gets yelled at in a game for being out of position or not knowing what to do.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2022, 09:56 AM   #14
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
I agree with all of this. And I have told my son from day 1 that if you want the most or more playing time you have to earn it. But there is a difference between lesr playing time and no playing time and how you go about it. My general concern, however, is not about playing time but how the guy coaches overall. My son can play pretty much anywhere you put him. I would say at this point he is a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none, type.

But when you have 4 kids on the bench, 3 go in as a sub and 3 come out and the 3 that came out go back in and 1 kid is still sitting there never seeing any time it starts to approach the bullshit level. At that point you aren't being a coach of a little league team. You're just being a dick. And to be bluntly honest, while my kid is one of the slowest, he is also one of the most disciplined, one of the best with his foot skills, one of the best passers, never gets in trouble for goofing off at practice, always listens and rarely gets yelled at in a game for being out of position or not knowing what to do.
I see you have a “speed over everything” coach. I dealt with one of those with my oldest daughter. She wasn’t the fastest defender but had technical skills better than all the other defenders. She could dribble and pass with both feet but because she wasn’t as fast…she got less playing time at the comp level.

She’s in high school now and thriving because her coach found a spot at middle defense for her that doesn’t need as much speed but needs all of the stuff that she excels at.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2022, 10:03 AM   #15
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I see you have a “speed over everything” coach. I dealt with one of those with my oldest daughter. She wasn’t the fastest defender but had technical skills better than all the other defenders. She could dribble and pass with both feet but because she wasn’t as fast…she got less playing time at the comp level.

She’s in high school now and thriving because her coach found a spot at middle defense for her that doesn’t need as much speed but needs all of the stuff that she excels at.

Exactly. This guy would rather have fast kids who aren’t very good at soccer. He is a win above anything else type. That might be okay for a D1 team but not a D4.