Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-19-2022, 12:06 PM  
"Think BOOM!"

Oppenheimer

I'm in.

Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2022, 12:24 PM   #2
MVP

I hope this is good. Nolan is steadily reaching hack territory for me with his last two outputs (Dunkirk and Tenet).
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2022, 12:34 PM   #3
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
I hope this is good. Nolan is steadily reaching hack territory for me with his last two outputs (Dunkirk and Tenet).

I mean, those 2 movies weren't his best work, but they're still better than 99% of the shit that Hollywood puts out. I thoroughly enjoyed both.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 12:47 PM   #4
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

I mean, those 2 movies weren't his best work, but they're still better than 99% of the shit that Hollywood puts out. I thoroughly enjoyed both.
Fact!

I loved Dunkirk
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 12:48 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:

Excluding Home Alone 4, I'm not sure there is a movie I've enjoyed watching less in the last 2 years than TENET. It was an absolute mess with regards to the audio-visual and storytelling departments. Dunkirk was just boring and (saw it in IMAX) horribly loud. He really needs to clean up his act on the audio front, many of his films have barely audible dilogue with his crap sound mixing. Sorry, I know it's not the thread for it, but he's come an embarrassingly long way away from his Memento days.

Denis Villeneuve, not Nolan, should be getting the kind of cult-like following for gorgeous heady movies.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2022, 02:48 PM   #6
Supporter

I hope this isn't a miss.

I really liked Dunkirk and Nolan's capacity to put WWII visuals on the screen.

But this is a very different endeavor. I read the General and the Genius (not Genious btw) about the Manhattan project focusing on Oppenheimer and Groves. Whatever you might think about the book, the story of Oppenheimer is a very very complicated and nuanced story. It is difficult for scholars who have spent a lifetime studying the Manhattan project and subsequent events and interviews.

Any artistic license taken would seriously impact a well documented life executing well documented events. It's not like the Dunkirk movie that had relatively faceless characters that he could use in whatever way he wanted to tell the story.

FWIW, the General and the Genius is a really good book for those interested. There are a lot of touchy subjects it does a good job of navigating them fairly and (IMO) objectively. And some of them are pretty serious, like how Stalin knew about the bomb before Truman at Potsdam.

All that is difficult to tell in an anthology of books, much less in a feature film.

But Nolan has earned the rope to hang himself.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2022, 03:09 PM   #7
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
What?

I thought Dunkirk was awesome.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 03:24 PM   #8
Forever Royal

Oppenheimer

This story has the potential for a tremendous movie.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 04:20 PM   #9
Supporter

Quote:

Dunkirk was okay. Not great but decent.

I did like Tenet a lot more. But I can understand why some would hate it. It was a little confusing, kind of like Inception was.

And you're right, most movies these days are crap.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2022, 05:07 PM   #10
Supporter

He has one of the most important and terrifying quotes in the history of Earth.

I can’t imagine living with what he had to live with. Creating something powerful enough to end humanity.

I am ready for this movie. The cast is fantastic, too.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2022, 05:27 PM   #11
fides quaerens intellectum

Is this about frank or bob?
Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-19-2022, 08:06 PM   #12
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
Fact!

I loved Dunkirk
This!
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-19-2022, 08:16 PM   #13
sorta mod-ish

I'm a Nolan junkie, so I'm in alone for that. But Cillian Murphy is almost criminally underrated as an actor (or at least he was before Peaky Blinders), so those two together? Shiiiiiiitt. Done and done.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2022, 08:18 PM   #14
Just a li'l Evel

Dude who played Scarecrow all growed up.

I will see it.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2022, 08:19 PM   #15
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
What?

I thought Dunkirk was awesome.
I thought it was a lesser effort by Nolan, but still better than nearly all the muck Hollywood burps out. The story was choppy (by his standards) and the sound was WAY too loud in the theaters, but yeah, would definitely watch again.

I need to re-watch Tenet and see what a second viewing does for me. I liked it pretty well, but I think it might get better when you have a feel for it going in.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.