Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-28-2023, 06:12 PM  
MVP

Building a new PC

Have a 3090 currently but am severely bottlenecked. Looking to get the best possible PC that I can build through microcenter in Kansas City. Looking for high end so like 13900k and ddr5 ram.
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-28-2023, 06:35 PM   #2
In Search of a Life

You have the 2 main components picked out already. I'm sure if you just went to the store there would be someone there that could run you through what they have in stock. Microcenter doesn't ship shit in from other stores so if you are looking to buy strictly from them then just go there and see what they have.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 09:53 PM   #3
Ain't no relax!

Nice timing. Microcenter is running some good mobo/CPU bundles right now. This is what I would build:

ASUS Z690-PLUS TUF Gaming WiFi DDR5 and Intel Core i9-12900K combo
$509 ($189 savings): https://www.microcenter.com/product/...herboard-combo

G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000 CL36
$150: https://www.microcenter.com/product/...-TZ5RK_-_Black

You could also go with an i7 instead of an i9 and save $170 off the mobo/CPU bundle. If you're mostly just gaming, you don't necessarily need the extra cores.

If you don't currently have NVME storage, this would be a great time to include that as well. The speed improvement even over old SSD drives is so impressive.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2023, 10:16 PM   #4
I'll be back.

build me a video editing beast fellas

got an i7 4930k with a GTX 1660 over here and it's long in the tooth

thinking something with a 3050 and 64 GB RAM...don't care if it's AMD or Intel.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2023, 11:30 PM   #5
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post

Start with this: https://www.microcenter.com/product/...sktop-computer

Last edited by Fish; 02-28-2023 at 11:37 PM..
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2023, 08:06 AM   #6
'Tis my eye!

Quote:

You want to edit video, get a Mac.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2023, 10:14 AM   #7
I'll be back.

**** both of you

8GB memory? LOL

that mother****er won't even fit the 10 TB hard drive i just bought
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 10:15 AM   #8
I'll be back.

****. BOTH. OF. YOU. i9 SUPREMACY. PC GAMING MASTER RACE.

https://versus.com/en/apple-m2-vs-intel-core-i9-12900k
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 10:32 AM   #9
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
****. BOTH. OF. YOU. i9 SUPREMACY. PC GAMING MASTER RACE.

https://versus.com/en/apple-m2-vs-intel-core-i9-12900k
https://appleinsider.com/articles/23...re-performance

https://www.pcmag.com/news/intel-cor...-cpu-is-better

https://techjourneyman.com/blog/appl...n/#performance

Nah, in all seriousness, I know you're not looking for a Mac. That being said, the Intel has marginally better performance but is both higher in cost and lower in efficiency.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2023, 10:49 AM   #10
I'll be back.

Doesn't matter. It's better. Buying that little varmint computer isn't an option. I'm stuffing an RTX 3050 and 64 GB of DDR4 in this machine.

Mac just won't allow me to do that. PUNTED!
Old 03-01-2023, 09:52 PM   #11
Time Keeps On Slipping

I need about $2,800 for what I want right now and my PC is waaaay overdue.

I'm still rocking an 8th gen i5 and a 2080.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-02-2023, 09:50 AM   #12
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
I need about $2,800 for what I want right now and my PC is waaaay overdue.

I'm still rocking an 8th gen i5 and a 2080.
Which likely means you are gaming along just fine. That rig should max out 1440P, and probably do fine with some games at 4K.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:23 PM   #13
Supporter

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-02-2023, 08:27 PM   #14
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
Which likely means you are gaming along just fine. That rig should max out 1440P, and probably do fine with some games at 4K.
I play at 1440p. Depends on what we call maxing out. It purrs in the 70-80 FPS range on max settings with no RT most times. I want solid frames with RT on.

People sleep on RT, but it's a game changer to me. The difference in the overall feel is astounding.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-02-2023, 11:06 PM   #15
Ain't no relax!

Ray Tracing is absolutely a game changer, Mr. Pants. (2K)1440p with good ray tracing is the best available quality at the moment for just about any gaming rig. You can definitely overspend by a huge margin and get that equivalent 4K performance, but it will certainly cost you, and is generally not tuned as well for performance.

1440p should still be the current ideal sweet spot even with a new 40X0 card. And NVidia is absolutely the king at ray tracing. Equivalent AMD cards might have double the VRAM, but still can't really equally compete when it comes to RT. AMD owners will tell you that RT doesn't really matter because of this, but they are jealous liars. NVidia ****ing rules..

I'm currently replaying Quake 2 that's had an RTX remaster, and it's been surprisingly awesome. The game was originally released in 1997. But the RTX remaster makes it a completely different experience. They're remastering lots of games that currently look amazing.

Intel and NVidia is currently the best you can get...