Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-09-2019, 02:55 PM  
MVP

***** Official 2019-2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****

Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

Last edited by saphojunkie; 09-25-2019 at 04:19 PM..
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:56 PM   #796
Rabbi Goldmann

You left off Quinton Grimes
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:14 PM   #797
Life is changing..

Where's JR Giddens?
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:31 PM   #798
I got Rice cookin in the micro

I really love what Cliff alexander brought
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:13 PM   #799
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Where's JR Giddens?
Probably getting shanked in a bar.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:18 PM   #800
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
My all time Kansas lineup of my favorite players (only from my lifetime-born in 1989).

PG-Frank Mason: tough as hell. Competitor. Smart. Fearless.
SG-Kirk Hinrich: such a smooth player. Seemed to be good at everything. Gritty competitor.
SF-Paul Pierce: my first favorite player.
PF-Nick Collison: probably my favorite player ever. Dude deserved a title. Named my son Collison.
C-Joel Embiid: most gifted player I’ve ever seen at Kansas. Go watch the game at Iowa State. Niang looked completely helpless when trying to defend Embiid.
Nobody from the 2008 Title team?

Hell, nobody from ANY title team?
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:21 PM   #801
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post

if you read his post he says from 1989-present.
ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:33 PM   #802
Supporter

Quote:

To be fair those 07 and 08 teams were really really deep teams. But nobody was super elite talent. Rush was supposed to be. Charmers did a lot of remarkable things. Collins was a spark plug. The beautiful thing about that team was that anybody could carry a load. Compared to the next year if Aldrich or Collins had a bad game it was going to be an L.

I don’t think there is any way Robinson’s not my 4. There is a ton of hard decisions to get it to 5.

Last edited by Buehler445; 12-07-2019 at 07:38 PM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:40 PM   #803
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:

Buehler said it best. That 2008 team was all about the team. Not as much about the individual talent, and probably because there was so much talent on that one.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:41 PM   #804
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Buehler said it best. That 2008 team was all about the team. Not as much about the individual talent, and probably because there was so much talent on that one.
Reminded me of those Billy Donovan Florida teams
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:53 PM   #805
My work speaks for itself!!!

Quote:
My all time Kansas lineup of my favorite players (only from my lifetime-born in 1989).

SG-Kirk Hinrich: such a smooth player. Seemed to be good at everything. Gritty competitor.
PF-Nick Collison: probably my favorite player ever. Dude deserved a title. Named my son Collison.
C-Joel Embiid: most gifted player I’ve ever seen at Kansas. Go watch the game at Iowa State. Niang looked completely helpless when trying to defend Embiid.
I like this, but as much as i love mason, i probably would swap him out for jacque vaughn.

Vaughn, at least how i remember it, was a lock-down defender. Similar styles with getting to the rim....mason probably had a better 3 ball, but vaughn could carry the team, or drop 10 assists.....with the stellar d.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:01 AM   #806
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post
I like this, but as much as i love mason, i probably would swap him out for jacque vaughn.

Vaughn, at least how i remember it, was a lock-down defender. Similar styles with getting to the rim....mason probably had a better 3 ball, but vaughn could carry the team, or drop 10 assists.....with the stellar d.

Milt Newton and Danny Manning would have to be on my list as well as one of my alltime favorites Julian Wright!
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2019, 02:03 AM   #807
DeadPunisher

Quote:

I'm sorry, but #BIFM was a better defender than Vaughn, because he was stronger and more aggressive. His on the ball defense was outstanding. And Mason was a better shooter and driver. Vaughn was a very good pass-first-pass-second-in-fact-just-pass-point guard, but overall Mason was just better.

In his senior year Mason averaged 5 assists a game, and he played 3 years with a second point guard playing the 2. If he had played with a true SG for 3 years instead of Graham, his career assists total would be much higher.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-08-2019, 03:31 AM   #808
DeadPunisher

Quote:

That's a strong lineup. I have been a KU fan since I was 15, or the year 1986. I have seen nearly every game broadcast on television, either live or recorded, since 1986, and many, many games in AFH. I missed about 4 non-con exhibition games, and I could have watched all of them after the fact, but I just didn't feel the need to watch us beat Washburn by 30. And of course there were games in the late 80s that just weren't on TV.

Here is my favorite player lineup, and I will put honorable mentions in parenthesis. These are my favorites, not necessarily the best. Some players may be listed at 2 positions. Like Mario, Devonte', and Kirk. Kirk was the SG to Miles' PG, Devonte' was the SG to Mason's PG, etc.

PG: My favorite is none other than #BIFM. He is also my all time favorite Jayhawk, because of how hard he worked, the player he made himself into, and his passion for the game and for the Jayhawks. Just imagine, he was in a recruiting class with Selden, Embiid, and Wiggins. If you had a gun to your head at the beginning of their Freshman year, and you had to pick the player out of those 4 who would be the consensus POTY during their career, it would have never been Frank Mason (Kirk, D'Tae, TT, Collins, Reed)

SG: Devonte' Graham. I know that this choice may appear to be suffer from recency bias, but D'Tae was just so damn likeable, had so much fun playing the game, and was a part of some of the best KU games in history. (Mario, EJ, Kirk, Collins, Haase, T-Rele)

SF: Paul Pierce. Some may say he was a SG, but I think his game was clearly that of a wing player. He wasn't the fastest, the highest jumper, or even an athletic leaper, but he was always just enough of those things when he had to be. He was one of just a handful of players that were truly held back by Roy Williams' system. Many players that Roy had could have scored more in a different offensive system, but PP was the kind of player that could have led the nation in scoring if given the right opportunity and system. (T-Rele, Newton, The Moori, The Fro Kevin Young, Wright and Keith Langford, who was a very close #2 for this position. In all my years of watching KU, there have only been 2-3 players who could get rim with anywhere close to the ease with which K-Freeze could.)

PF: Danny Manning. This one is an absolute no-brainer. (The only other plausible candidate for this position is Nick Collison, and the only other plausible candidate for the position of the only other plausible candidate is T-Rob. You follow me?) Danny could do everything on the court. He had skills that were nearly 2 decades ahead of their time. His defense improved every year he was here, he was a tremendously instinctual rebounder, and the man could flat out score. And then score some more. At one time he was 10th on the NCAA D-1 all time scoring list. He led KU to two Final Fours, and dominated the 88 National Championship game. Until Frank Mason, Danny was my all time favorite Jayhawk. (LaFrentz, The Moori, Perry, Alonzo Jamison, and of course Collison. T-Rob holds a place in my heart for the way he battled through losing his Grandparents and Mother. And he worked so hard to make himself a great player. He was absolutely EFFING ROBBED for POTY in his Junior season. He averaged 18 and 12, and was the best player in the nation, but the Unibrow stole the awards because of his NBA potential, and the fact that he played for Kentucky. If he had the exact same year for any other team, T-Rob is National Player of the Year in 2012. Nick Collison was just relentless in everything he did on the court, if we needed him to score, he would lead the team in scoring. Same with rebounding, or defending the opponent's best big, etc.)

C: My heart says Jeff Withey, because of his rim protection, the fact that he inspired one of the greatest selfie trends, and inspired one of the greatest fake Twitter accounts of all time. But.......... This is a tough one for me. If Embiid had played more than one year, or played in the NCAA Tournament, he would probably be my favorite Center. He is absolutely the most talented Center in my lifetime. But he just didn't play enough games in a KU uniform. Then there is The Big O, who was goofy, and likeable, and an incredible rim protector. And there is Cole, who had one of the single greatest performances as a Freshman when he outplayed the college POTY in whiny Tyler Hansbrough. And then there is Withey, who could dominate a game defensively at the rim in a way that maybe, maybe no one outside of Wilt has ever done at KU. He helped lead KU to the National Championship game, and was robbed of the single game, and Tournament record for blocks by a piss-poor official scorer. I don't think I can pick a favorite center.

I am sure that there are some players that I am just not remembering at the moment, but I feel very good about this list of favorite Jayhawks by position.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:49 AM   #809
Rookie

Quote:

Vaughn benefitted from having elite talent around him most his time at KU. He wasnt a good shooter.

Frank got better as he got older. Vaughn pretty much stayed the same.

Yes he was a good defender but at pg you need someone who can score and that's Frank
ramblinman73 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:53 AM   #810
Supporter

Ostertag!!!!!!!

Love that dude.

Withey I don’t think belongs on that list. His rim protection was probably all time best but offensively he was painful. Aldrich is the better player despite being seemingly half as long.

I think people understate TROB. That team he was on had nothing. He was triple teamed a LOT. Many players through KUs history have put up points because the opponent had to worry about other scorers. That team was Taylor (who’s be in the running if Mason and Graham didn’t exist). And TROB. And TROB had no bad games (that I can remember). He just abused double teams all night long. In the history CF has posted he’s probably not above Manning but is close IMO. He was a man machine and really all we had. And I’m convinced that the block of that Mizzouche punk broke them and then they lost to Norfolk State.

Small plug for Releford. He doesn’t belong on the list, he just couldn’t score well enough. But god damn I love that dude. His on the ball defense might be the best that’s ever played here. I’m a sucker for good hard nosed defense and he brought it every week. He would just destroy better athletes. And when we got fouls in the post Self put him down there and he shut down dudes that had 6” on him. One of the favorite stories I’ve heard Self tell was they had some recruit in for practice that was running his mouth about how he’d get minutes right now and blah blah blah. Self said “listen, if I tell Travis not to let you get the ball you won’t.” He didn’t. I was in the tractor laughing my ass off.