Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-18-2018, 07:29 PM  
Shaken. Not stirred.

Shared fences and other property issues

I have some problematic neighbors that allow a their weed and bush overgrowth to constantly take over the shared fence in my back yard. I trim this shit back multiple times per year and am getting rather sick of it invading my yard. What's really aggravating is that five feet of my yard is on their side of the fence. Unfortunately the fence has been there since before we moved in. It's a battle I'm tired of fighting.

I'm curious what others in similar situations have done. I've tried talking to them before but none of them give a shit since the growth from their weeds is on my side. Not their problem and all that BS.

Picture attached for reference. I don't think antifreeze and aids infected needles will help here.

Last edited by 007; 05-18-2018 at 10:47 PM..
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:29 AM   #256
It was not a fair catch

I have tried. But he has proven time and time again he does not have common courtesy for others property and thoughts. Especially mine.

Like I said. There are rules/codes/courtesy.

Another option-take my rider and mow both sides of my trees.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:30 AM   #257
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm going to be honest.

Unless the guy is a prick and you have a reason to dislike him, I'm not exactly certain why this pisses you off. Just be nice to them Walt Kowalski.
I'm not lost on your point, but there are always those neighbors who see nothing wrong with parking in front of your house instead of their own. I had that neighbor, and it's really a "WTF" moment. Now if they're having a party and people need a place to part, fine, we're all cool, we all do it when we have guests, but when you want to part on the street, at least start with psrking in front of your own house.

But, again, I'm not lost on your point.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:39 AM   #258
Supporter

I've had all kinds of neighbors in the past as well...the old people who want to chat and need favors I enjoy doing for them, the needy old people who aren't grateful, the people that become great friends and influences, the crackheads, and the guy you hate enough you about break your own teeth when you see him.

So glad I moved to the farm....

I neighbor how my neighbors do. Most of my neighbors are welcome to anything I have...need a tool? Go in the shop and grab it. My kids fish your pond, you're welcome to mine. I have a unique place and a lot of people want to take pics there, tonight a neighbor's daughter is doing her senior pics at my place, and they're welcome to use my UTV to roam around.....because that's how they are for my family.

I do have one, a wanna be deer pro, who put elevated cattle panels and cut cedars and drug them in front of the places deer cross from that farm into mine.....well, I wouldn't offer him a cup of piss for any purpose but to dump on his own grave.

The older I get, the more I'd rather just get a long if I can...Life is too short to be pissed off all the time about things that don't matter. That's what I'm learning. If the above neighbor is being a ****, then be a **** back.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:42 AM   #259
It was not a fair catch

at the very least he could have asked. He has never asked about anything.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:43 AM   #260
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
I've had all kinds of neighbors in the past as well...the old people who want to chat and need favors I enjoy doing for them, the needy old people who aren't grateful, the people that become great friends and influences, the crackheads, and the guy you hate enough you about break your own teeth when you see him.

So glad I moved to the farm....

I neighbor how my neighbors do. Most of my neighbors are welcome to anything I have...need a tool? Go in the shop and grab it. My kids fish your pond, you're welcome to mine. I have a unique place and a lot of people want to take pics there, tonight a neighbor's daughter is doing her senior pics at my place, and they're welcome to use my UTV to roam around.....because that's how they are for my family.

I do have one, a wanna be deer pro, who put elevated cattle panels and cut cedars and drug them in front of the places deer cross from that farm into mine.....well, I wouldn't offer him a cup of piss for any purpose but to dump on his own grave.

The older I get, the more I'd rather just get a long if I can...Life is too short to be pissed off all the time about things that don't matter. That's what I'm learning. If the above neighbor is being a ****, then be a **** back.
We'd make great neighbors.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:14 AM   #261
It was not a fair catch

At what point should I quit feeling like I am being taken advantage of?
Old 08-05-2020, 11:04 AM   #262
Supporter

Maybe you just need a blowjob?

I guess it's up to you to decide if they're actually impeding your ability to use or enjoy your own property. If they're occasionally parking a camper in front of your empty lot and standing on your grass sometimes and that's the extent, if I'm your friend, I'm telling you you're being too uptight.

If there is more to it, they're rude, they're leaving trash or ruts in your yard that's different.

You're the only one that knows if this is the hill to die on, and it sounds like your wife is subtly telling you that you're overreacting.

Maybe they are the bad guy here, I can't really tell. It just seems like the kind of thing that a guy gets this upset about when there are other stresses that are the real problem. Personally, when I'm upset/pissed off/stressed by say, work....I'm much more likely to blow up or get irrationally annoyed/angry by something small.

Have you had a rational conversation with him before or just the passive aggressive tree plantings etc?
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:38 AM   #263
MVP

Running an automotive based business out of you home should get him a court ordered cease and desist letter from your homeowners and the city. "A document sent to an individual or business to stop purportedly illegal activity ("cease") and not to restart it ("desist"). The letter may warn that if the recipient does not discontinue specified conduct, or take certain actions, by deadlines set in the letter, that party may be sued".

If that didn't work just tell the police that he dumped his waste tank in the waste water culvert.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:16 PM   #264
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Maybe you just need a blowjob?

I guess it's up to you to decide if they're actually impeding your ability to use or enjoy your own property. If they're occasionally parking a camper in front of your empty lot and standing on your grass sometimes and that's the extent, if I'm your friend, I'm telling you you're being too uptight.

If there is more to it, they're rude, they're leaving trash or ruts in your yard that's different.

You're the only one that knows if this is the hill to die on, and it sounds like your wife is subtly telling you that you're overreacting.

Maybe they are the bad guy here, I can't really tell. It just seems like the kind of thing that a guy gets this upset about when there are other stresses that are the real problem. Personally, when I'm upset/pissed off/stressed by say, work....I'm much more likely to blow up or get irrationally annoyed/angry by something small.

Have you had a rational conversation with him before or just the passive aggressive tree plantings etc?
I tried to have a conversation 2 or more years ago. Told him about city codes, and asked him not to take trailers to his back yard because he was driving on my grass. He has a four wheeler. He denied being on my yard even though evidence shows otherwise. That is when the grass was new and barely established.

Then the shed. Then pushing snow on mine and others properties and the street.

Had to put up trees to force him to not fill up his back yard and my view with junk.

Now this. Although minor it is just another checkmark. Waiting for the next thing to happen.

Coop-not really running a business or a shop. Races a car. Loads and unloads it in the street. Some day he is going to bark it and go out the end of his garage. Code also says you can't wash trailers in the street.

Where does it end if I do nothing?
Old 08-05-2020, 12:43 PM   #265
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
I'm not lost on your point, but there are always those neighbors who see nothing wrong with parking in front of your house instead of their own. I had that neighbor, and it's really a "WTF" moment. Now if they're having a party and people need a place to part, fine, we're all cool, we all do it when we have guests, but when you want to part on the street, at least start with psrking in front of your own house.

But, again, I'm not lost on your point.
We had a neighbor in our cul-de-sac who did that. He also had the most parking. Enough for 9 full size vehicles. He constantly parked in the cul-de-sac. He had 5 vehicles. 3 in the garage, 2 in the street. Never in his driveway. Same with parties, never in driveway.

So glad he moved out a few months ago.

The new people are unusual, kids are wild. But still better so far.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:48 PM   #266
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Unless it is a hoa, I think it is a losing battle that will only take your sanity.

Buy some boulders, strategically place. Buy a cheap truck and park on the street yourself if you want to troll him. He parks there, so he doesn't have it in front of his house.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:01 PM   #267
Supporter

You're gonna do what you're gonna do, but I know if I thought I had a neighbor pecking at me, I'd make things 10x worse just for sport.

Know what you're getting into, but ultimately I'd address it in person when I'm in the mood to be civilized.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 03:19 PM   #268
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
You're gonna do what you're gonna do, but I know if I thought I had a neighbor pecking at me, I'd make things 10x worse just for sport.

Know what you're getting into, but ultimately I'd address it in person when I'm in the mood to be civilized.
That above is how I would go about it. Let the neighbor be the first to get nasty and you won't feel as bad when you **** him over.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:34 PM   #269
It was not a fair catch

He will never confront me. He will just continue to take and I have too many cameras for him to do something really stupid.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:38 PM   #270
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
He will never confront me. He will just continue to take.

The guy sounds like a real douche bag. As others has stated, I would try to talk to him face to face and make it crystal clear what you want. If he continues and you come down on him, that's not on you. I have had a couple bad neighbors over the years and neither of them are around anymore, I'll just leave it at that.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.