Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-13-2015, 04:41 PM  
Supporter

Red Dirt Juke Box

In several discussions about music, several posters bring in Red Dirt Music to the conversation.

In this thread, I'd like to do things a little different to help people learn about our favorite artists, and post a couple of youtube videos of their song and your personal favorite playlist of that artist.
Feel free to include your own contributions, but follow the format. Videos of live performances, and list a few of your favorite songs.

I've met a few of these guys and have had beers with some of them, so I'll share stories and nuggets that they've told me. It's fine if you have a different take of the same artists or offer a different playlist.

Happy listening.

Last edited by Iowanian; 01-13-2015 at 05:05 PM..
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:49 PM   #151
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I enjoy Cody Jinks. This song I stumbled upon on a 'Snake Farm' radio station on Amazon. Goddamn if it isn't the best thing I've heard in a long while. It's quite the story:

McMurty has some great songs and this is one of them. I found him about 3 years also and he's in my consistent rotation. I also love the lights of Cheyenne.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:35 PM   #152
Supporter

McMurtry's dad is Larry McMurtry, Author of Lonesome Dove.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:48 PM   #153
left blank intentionally

Still pissed that the Tyler Childers/Sturgill Simpson tour is canceled.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:49 PM   #154
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
Still pissed that the Tyler Childers/Sturgill Simpson tour is canceled.
Yep had tickets.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:54 PM   #155
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
McMurtry's dad is Larry McMurtry, Author of Lonesome Dove.
I wondered about that aren’t they from Oklahoma panhandle or Texas?Also surprised no one has mentioned Tyler’s song all your’n ,pretty damn good song and the video is trippy as hell .
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:33 AM   #156
Mod Team

https://youtu.be/36Vs_JoIvjA
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:39 PM   #157
Supporter

Whiskey Myers has announced a music festival in Kansas City Oct 1-3.
WWW.Firewaterfest.com

Lineup to be announced tomorrow!
Old 06-10-2020, 03:56 PM   #158
Not dead yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
McMurty has some great songs and this is one of them. I found him about 3 years also and he's in my consistent rotation. I also love the lights of Cheyenne.
Lost in the Backyard off the album Where' You Hide the Body is an excellent tune of his as well. Long Island Sound off of Complicated Game is killer too. James McMurty is one hell of a story teller.

Last edited by Red Beans; 06-10-2020 at 04:01 PM..
Red Beans is too fat/Omaha.Red Beans is too fat/Omaha.Red Beans is too fat/Omaha.Red Beans is too fat/Omaha.Red Beans is too fat/Omaha.Red Beans is too fat/Omaha.Red Beans is too fat/Omaha.Red Beans is too fat/Omaha.Red Beans is too fat/Omaha.Red Beans is too fat/Omaha.Red Beans is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:22 PM   #159
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
Whiskey Myers has announced a music festival in Kansas City Oct 1-3.
WWW.Firewaterfest.com

Lineup to be announced tomorrow!
Fire water fest

Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2020, 09:52 AM   #160
Supporter

https://www.firewatermusicfestival.com/lineup

Whiskey Meyers, Drive By Truckers, Whitey Morgan, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Steel Woods, Shane Smith and the Saints, Chris Knight, Bones Owens, Tennessee Jet, Jaime Wyatt, Rob Leines.

I don't know all of the above but I'm a fan of some of them. It's going to be near La Cygne, Ks
Old 06-28-2020, 09:45 PM   #161
Mod Team

Someone update me on Turnpike. Have we seen the last of them?!?!

I heard Kyle was working on his own music but I have only heard a single so far from him.

Felker, has he got his shit together yet?!?!

I miss them dearly.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:25 PM   #162
Supporter

The interview with Nix is the best I could find.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktul.co...ses-solo-album
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:59 AM   #163
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.

I only recently became aware of Tyler Childers when the band I'm in decided to do a cover of this song, but the more I look into his music the more I'm digging his style.

Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:17 AM   #164
Supporter

Tyler Childers is an animal. Dig deeper. He's awesome.

My favorite song isn't even recorded, "Peace of Mind".

I haven't heard anything about Turnpike other than I saw them push some Merch online a couple of weeks ago that gave people some hope. I assume they're just dumping inventory and trying to make some money. Nix and RC are doing solo things.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:37 AM   #165
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
He's one of the best songwriters out there right now!
otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.