Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-09-2021, 06:34 PM   #52396
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I guess it comes down to the question of whether vaccinated people can still spread the virus. Do we know the answer to that yet?

If so, it seems like the appropriate thing is to wear them until everyone is vaccinated who is willing to get one. Then you let the laggards determine their own fate.

If not, then the only problem is that the laggards will be spreading the virus and even at 95 percent you'll still be having the virus hit some vaccinated people. But that's always going to happen unless we kill the virus, so it shouldn't drive policy.
We’re rapidly reaching the point where, in many parts of the country, anyone who wants the vaccine can get it.

It’s not my job to protect the idiots who refuse to protect themselves.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 07:07 PM   #52397
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
We’re rapidly reaching the point where, in many parts of the country, anyone who wants the vaccine can get it.

It’s not my job to protect the idiots who refuse to protect themselves.
Yep. When we hit that point, we turn it over to Darwin. You just hope that there are few enough of those people to squelch the natural spread of the virus. Even at 95 percent efficacy, some people will still get it. Of course, I'm hearing that the vaccinated people tend to get only a mild case, so as long as that doesn't change we're good.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2021, 04:37 AM   #52398
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Yep. When we hit that point, we turn it over to Darwin. You just hope that there are few enough of those people to squelch the natural spread of the virus. Even at 95 percent efficacy, some people will still get it. Of course, I'm hearing that the vaccinated people tend to get only a mild case, so as long as that doesn't change we're good.
There is still a potential for the virus to change rendering the vaccine less effective or potentially useless , so they you still want to reduce the amount of hosts available, so we still need to care a little about people not getting vaccinated.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:11 AM   #52399
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
There is still a potential for the virus to change rendering the vaccine less effective or potentially useless , so they you still want to reduce the amount of hosts available, so we still need to care a little about people not getting vaccinated.
Nah, the vaccines are standing up really well.

I woudln't worry too much about variants with escape yet.

Between natural immunity and vaccinations, we're there. Now the rest of the world is getting slammed, so start slinging vaccines everywhere
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:35 AM   #52400
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Nah, the vaccines are standing up really well.

I woudln't worry too much about variants with escape yet.

Between natural immunity and vaccinations, we're there. Now the rest of the world is getting slammed, so start slinging vaccines everywhere
If vaccine are this effective I assume there is still a chance this thing could die out no?
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:21 AM   #52401
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Yeah, the non-vaxxers might be the undoing of all the work and sacrifice the rest of us have done.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:22 AM   #52402
In Search of a Life

Quote:
If vaccine are this effective I assume there is still a chance this thing could die out no?
I doubt we get enough coverage worldwide, but it'll basically become the flu I'd imagine. Or less.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:32 AM   #52403
Generational Player

Quote:
No. That is a fantasy.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:41 AM   #52404
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
No. That is a fantasy.
If you could vaccinate enough people, it would run out of hosts.

That won't happen though.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:10 AM   #52405
I love your mom

Quote:
No. That is a fantasy.
With that type of attitude maybe, if it doesn't mutate and everybody gets infected/vaccinated in theory it would die out , if not for the possible variants that could cause issues I have no problem if the unvaccinated do their part and get infected .
Old 05-10-2021, 09:25 AM   #52406
Generational Player

Quote:
With that type of attitude maybe, if it doesn't mutate and everybody gets infected/vaccinated in theory it would die out , if not for the possible variants that could cause issues I have no problem if the unvaccinated do their part and get infected .
Most of the top scientists have been saying that we need to learn to live with this for a while now. This is going to be around, probably will cycle through like another common cold virus.

Zero Covid cult is a totalitarian religion, not based on science.

We have had new coronaviruses before, we will in the future. Asking for more is hubris.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:29 AM   #52407
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Most of the top scientists have been saying that we need to learn to live with this for a while now. This is going to be around, probably will cycle through like another common cold virus.

Zero Covid cult is a totalitarian religion, not based on science.

We have had new coronaviruses before, we will in the future. Asking for more is hubris.
There's a massive difference between "we should lock everything down until it's 100% eliminated" and "it's possible we could eliminate this through vaccines." I'm fine with opening things up pretty much entirely after we hit 70%+ vaccination or so, but I also think that continuing to be aggressive with vaccines could eventually all but eliminate it.

It's not going to happen overnight, but over the course of a decade or so with additional research and focus? Sure, it could happen.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:33 AM   #52408
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
There's a massive difference between "we should lock everything down until it's 100% eliminated" and "it's possible we could eliminate this through vaccines." I'm fine with opening things up pretty much entirely after we hit 70%+ vaccination or so, but I also think that continuing to be aggressive with vaccines could eventually all but eliminate it.

It's not going to happen overnight, but over the course of a decade or so with additional research and focus? Sure, it could happen.
Protect the small percentage of our population that is vulnerable. Offer those the vaccine and that's it.

My life as a human is not going to be dedicated to wiping out a minor coronavirus or stopping nature.

Mankind has far bigger problems right now worthy of investment, like children dying of starvation.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 10:27 AM   #52409
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Protect the small percentage of our population that is vulnerable. Offer those the vaccine and that's it.

My life as a human is not going to be dedicated to wiping out a minor coronavirus or stopping nature.

Mankind has far bigger problems right now worthy of investment, like children dying of starvation.
Seeing what's happening in India currently, I'd say it's still a pretty big problem.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:30 AM   #52410
I love your mom

Quote:

The vulnerable people now are the unvaccinated.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote