Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-04-2020, 09:34 PM  
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Is anyone watching "Away" with Hillary Swank?

Just started watching this. In fact, I just finished the first episode. Okay, most of it. Gonna watch the rest on my lay-over tonight.

So far it seems pretty good. Just wondered if anyone else has seen it and what the consensus might be.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:35 PM   #2
Mod Team

Watched the season.

She bothers me but it was pretty well done.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 09:43 PM   #3
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Watched the season.

Oh good. No "how about if everyone suddenly turns gay because water shortage," or "oh look, we traveled back in time," nonsense? Just a trip to Mars and mostly the usual sci-fi difficulties? I don't think I can deal with another show that goes completely off the res because "drama."

Should I ask why she bothers you? Or is it just the character?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2020, 10:01 PM   #4
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Watched the season.

Agreed
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2020, 10:21 PM   #5
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

First I've heard of it. As for Swank, she can be great or awful. Her performance in Black Dahlia was Sofia Coppola bad.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2020, 11:01 PM   #6
sorta mod-ish

It can be slow in parts, but it has a way of pulling you in.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2020, 11:50 PM   #7
Banned

Couldn't get past 2 or 3 episodes.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:57 AM   #8
In Search of a Life

There was a thread awhile back about it. Didn’t seem to gain much traction. So I haven’t given the show a shot.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:09 PM   #9
Suupraa Geniuuusss

So I watched thru ep3. Weird that I got the "gay" and water shortage" things right. I pulled those two things from two other shows I tried to watch last year. Maybe that's just where current sci-fi shows are going, I guess.

Anyway, overall I like the show. I have issues with how they portrayed these astronauts (they're too emotional overall, and dang they're a weepy bunch). Also they skip back and forth time-wise a lot, but it's the first season so they have to find a way to develop characters somehow.

1.5 thumbs up for now.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:35 PM   #10
MVP

I've heard it was basically a soap opera with space scenery disguising it as sci-fi, so I haven't bothered.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:37 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post

I have issues with how they portrayed these astronauts (they're too emotional overall, and dang they're a weepy bunch). ...

Hate that kind of program. One reason I hate S3 of STD and pretty much all CW shows after the first season.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #12
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Okay, so now I've watched a couple more episodes and yeah, it's a soap opera. Lots of emotional nonsense no real astronaut would ever show during a mission. Every character breaks down into tears several times. And the level of bickering is ridiculous. It's like the writers never spent a minute researching how real pilots/astronauts behave. Probably the most realistic portrayal is the guy that plays Hillary's husband. And maybe the cosmonaut, right up to the moment he decides to get all weepy as well.

The story isn't bad though, and who knows the series might be salvageable in subsequent seasons.

Not sure I'll watch any more of this at this point.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:05 PM   #13
The Priest and I

Netflix has officially cancelled season 2 of Away. Don’t waste your time.
TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 05:10 PM   #14
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Sounded like a hard pass anyway.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:17 PM   #15
oxymoron

I tried watching it, but through two episodes it was much more soap opera than science fiction.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.