Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-03-2022, 06:57 PM  
sorta mod-ish

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2023, 11:23 AM   #436
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post

Speaking of Gorn from TOS, the dude from inside the suit is going to be at the ICT Comicon 8/26 to 8/27.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-16-2023, 02:37 PM   #437
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
He's not talking about making the special effects much better, he's talking about writing characters to be much more than they were originally. Why is that so hard?
Because he's an idiotic asshole, dug in like a tick, arguing for the sake of the argument. That's why. There's really nothing left to say about it.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 03:01 PM   #438
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Because he's an idiotic asshole, dug in like a tick, arguing for the sake of the argument. That's why. There's really nothing left to say about it.
The pot calling the kettle black if there ever was one.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-16-2023, 07:53 PM   #439
MVP

Didn't have that bad of a time with the musical. Episode 10 was terrific but those kinds of endings suck ass.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2023, 09:29 PM   #440
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
Didn't have that bad of a time with the musical. Episode 10 was terrific but those kinds of endings suck ass.
TNG did that every year. It’s not unusual.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-17-2023, 04:23 PM   #441
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
TNG did that every year. It’s not unusual.

Yes but they had 26 episodes to burn. SNW only had 10. It's wasting an episode.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2023, 07:39 AM   #442
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Yes but they had 26 episodes to burn. SNW only had 10. It's wasting an episode.
Episode 10 should have been 9, episode 10 should have finished the 2 episode sequence. Again, I wasn't offended by the musical, but it wasn't worth letting us end like that.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 08:28 AM   #443
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
True. Points have been made with clarity. He's either too stupid to understand them or too dishonest to have a genuine conversation about them. Moving on.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 01:30 PM   #444
The Demon Preacher

I'm just gonna go with the brain cannon that the Gorn that Kirk went up against was an ultra old Gorn living out his days on a Gorn hospice planet and he still almost got worked.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 02:22 PM   #445
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
True. Points have been made with clarity. He's either too stupid to understand them or too dishonest to have a genuine conversation about them. Moving on.
Still waiting for a response to my question about why their depiction now isn't actually the Gorn.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 03:03 PM   #446
Veteran

Really if they wanted to there are any number of ways to explain away the differences.

1. Genetic modification. Might be good to give a counter to the "genetic modification ain't so bad" POV the show has had so far.
2. Gorn Hulk out on their reproductive cycle. Like Gorn Pon Farr.
3. Gorn are like a reverse beehive. SNW Gorn are female drones, TOS Gorn is a male king.

That's just 3 of the top of my head.
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.
Old 08-18-2023, 03:53 PM   #447
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
Didn't have that bad of a time with the musical..
In perusing the internet, I seem to be that one long time fan who absolutely LOATHED the musical episode to the level I do. LOL I think I would have respected them more if they would have said "F it, we're doing a musical" instead of trying to explain it away as a space anomaly. I just can't get past that. It was the metaphorical "2 X 4 hit between the eyes" that kind of made me step back and say "I don't think I want to watch this anymore."

I had somebody say to me "That might have worked better as a Lower Decks episode." And after thinking about it, I probably wouldn't have give it another thought had they done that. I still wouldn't have liked it, but I don't take LD all that serious anyway and it wouldn't have "triggered" me. LOL
gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-18-2023, 06:37 PM   #448
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Still waiting for a response to my question about why their depiction now isn't actually the Gorn.
And unsurprisingly (considering your latest down vote), I'm gonna keep waiting.

The only possible answer to that question, of course, is that the Gorn being depicted now bear little similarity to how they were in the TOS era (and instead bear a striking resemblance to the Alien xenomorphs). Which means your odd complaints that they weren't done well by the SNW producers (despite the almost unanimous praise for them by the fans of the show) would logically have to be directly tied to their depiction not being close enough to the 1960s television version (silly clunky costume and all).

Next time I guess they should really consider something less cool and more ridiculous in making good TV. We can't upset the canon, right?
Old 08-18-2023, 08:36 PM   #449
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
And unsurprisingly (considering your latest down vote), I'm gonna keep waiting.

The only possible answer to that question, of course, is that the Gorn being depicted now bear little similarity to how they were in the TOS era (and instead bear a striking resemblance to the Alien xenomorphs). Which means your odd complaints that they weren't done well by the SNW producers (despite the almost unanimous praise for them by the fans of the show) would logically have to be directly tied to their depiction not being close enough to the 1960s television version (silly clunky costume and all).

Next time I guess they should really consider something less cool and more ridiculous in making good TV. We can't upset the canon, right?

It makes the Kelvin timeline McCoy " C section on a pregnant Gorn" quote out of place which would go against the xenomorph narrative that SNW is pushing
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 09:48 PM   #450
New and Improved

There's no new Gorn. There is a completely new alien they call a Gorn.

They ****ed up the canon.

Even though the original Gorn was a clunky, cheesy costume they could have based the SNW Gorn off of that and came up with 'modernized' Gorn without throwing canon out the door.

They ****ed it up!
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote