Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2023, 09:14 AM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****

Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
  • Aug. 31 - South Dakoka - W
  • Sept 9 - Middle Tennessee - W
  • Sept 16 - kansas State - W
  • Sept 23 - Memphis
  • Sept 30 - @Vanderbilt
  • Oct 7 - LSU
  • Oct 14 - @Kentucky
  • Oct 21 - South Carolina
  • Nov 4 - @Georgia
  • Nov 11 - Tennessee
  • Nov 18 - Florida
  • Nov 24 - @Arkansas

Recruiting Class
Rivals

Last edited by duncan_idaho; 09-18-2023 at 07:45 AM..
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2023, 10:23 PM   #286
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
I think the big thing is I am still waiting to see the Offensive prowess from Drinkwitz.

Beyond Brady Cook being all dink and dunk, the Offense still looks sloppy and unprepared in general. They've had 2 years to build things up around him and it just looks mostly shitty.

He has an OC now, so what's the reason this time?
He’s had an OC for 4 quarters. Lol, come on man.
Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-31-2023, 10:50 PM   #287
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 View Post
He’s had an OC for 4 quarters. Lol, come on man.
He's had one all year. It's still his Offense being ran with the usual sloppiness.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-31-2023, 11:05 PM   #288
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
He's had one all year. It's still his Offense being ran with the usual sloppiness.
Not sure if you’re being purposely obstinate or you are honestly mistaken. Guessing it’s the former. His OC is brand new.
Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-31-2023, 11:15 PM   #289
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 View Post
Not sure if you’re being purposely obstinate or you are honestly mistaken. Guessing it’s the former. His OC is brand new.
The kids are eating at the table in the other room. Have a seat over there and settle on in.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-31-2023, 11:23 PM   #290
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

That was a disappoint second half, because we just didn’t see much of Cook.

He’s not much of a scrambling/running threat, but the arm talent has the potential to make up for it and then some.

Burden looked like a viable WR in this game rather than an insane athlete who is being force fed manufactured touches.

And Brady Cook still has a popgun arm and plays like Alex Smith’s style of QB play is The Way. I hate it.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2023, 11:59 PM   #291
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
That was a disappoint second half, because we just didn’t see much of Cook.

He’s not much of a scrambling/running threat, but the arm talent has the potential to make up for it and then some.

Burden looked like a viable WR in this game rather than an insane athlete who is being force fed manufactured touches.

And Brady Cook still has a popgun arm and plays like Alex Smith’s style of QB play is The Way. I hate it.
Horn* but your point remains.
Old 09-01-2023, 12:13 AM   #292
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I've said this in football and in baseball contexts.

Rookies (and Horn is essentially a rookie) have to force the issue. They can't win on a split decision. They can't just expect that they'll get a shot.

And Horn didn't force the issue tonight. I'm really not sure what else there is to say.

If Horn is as good as many thinks he can be - he will take over at some point. But tonight he just didn't look like someone ready to run a Power 5 offense.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-01-2023, 06:50 AM   #293
Now you've pissed me off!

Mizzou is in the same situation that the owner of the Double Deuce was in Road House. He's come into money, and he needs a way to build the brand back up, so he invests in facilities and hires a hand to change the culture. Brady Cook isn't Dalton. He's not Wade Garrett. He's not even a Terry Funk- like maniac who doesn't have the temperament to guide the ship (that was Mauk, by the way). He's that fat guy that always shows up to a fight, but usually gets his ass whipped because he has too many physical limitations. Sure, he's loyal and he shows up, but other than absorbing pool cue shots to the skull and acting as a vaulting platform for Jimmy to launch himself onto the stage, I don't see what the value is there.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 07:47 AM   #294
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Mizzou is in the same situation that the owner of the Double Deuce was in Road House. He's come into money, and he needs a way to build the brand back up, so he invests in facilities and hires a hand to change the culture. Brady Cook isn't Dalton. He's not Wade Garrett. He's not even a Terry Funk- like maniac who doesn't have the temperament to guide the ship (that was Mauk, by the way). He's that fat guy that always shows up to a fight, but usually gets his ass whipped because he has too many physical limitations. Sure, he's loyal and he shows up, but other than absorbing pool cue shots to the skull and acting as a vaulting platform for Jimmy to launch himself onto the stage, I don't see what the value is there.
Great analogy
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-01-2023, 08:15 AM   #295
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post

So our only hope is for a polar bear to fall on Cook?
Old 09-01-2023, 08:18 AM   #296
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Am I missing something here? Drink has put together an insanely talented team that played pretty well tonight. You're ready to fire the guy? WTF is wrong with you?
I will say this for Jerm...to be successful, Mizzou has to get it right at QB, and he has gotten it so, so wrong. If ED gets canned after a 6-win season, it will all come down to his inability to move off Cook. He simply is not a Power 5 QB, not close. I would rather see Garcia...and I've never seen Garcia.
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-01-2023, 08:31 AM   #297
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogieman View Post
I will say this for Jerm...to be successful, Mizzou has to get it right at QB, and he has gotten it so, so wrong. If ED gets canned after a 6-win season, it will all come down to his inability to move off Cook. He simply is not a Power 5 QB, not close. I would rather see Garcia...and I've never seen Garcia.
The fact we’re in Year 4 of this and he hasn’t found a QB to at least push Cook is pretty worrying to me…borderline asinine esp. for a guy who’s recruiting prowess is talked about so much.

I don’t think it’s particularly unfair either…

I agree with everything you said.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-01-2023, 08:32 AM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogieman View Post
He is 'close'. He might, if healthy, be a firmly average P5 quarterback.

I think having Mahomes has broken our brains as to what an average college quarterback is. Or even a GOOD college quarterback.

College QBs aren't guys that are standing tall in the pocket and slinging 40 yard missiles over the middle of the field. The overwhelming majority of them are very similar to Cook. Mobile, smart, tolerable arm strength, passing flirtations with being accurate.

Again, there's not a dime's worth of difference between Brady Cook and Stetson Bennett.

Is Cook a good Power 5 quarterback? No, probably not. Though we'll see if the shoulder was truly impacting him - again, having torn my labrum in the past, I just think this whole 'he was playing hurt' thing is overblown. If his labrum was actually torn he couldn't have done even as little as he did - you cannot throw with that level of instability.

But "He's not even close to a Power 5 quarterback" is ridiculous. There are 75 friggen Power 5 teams. There are maybe 15 of those that have OBVIOUSLY better options than Cook. Probably 15 of them that have obviously WORSE options than Cook. Then there's the big-ass pile of largely interchangeable guys that play the game almost identically to Cook.

This is James Franklin 2.0. People so badly wanted Matty Mauk under center that they just roasted Franklin every chance they got. When all Franklin ever did was be a pretty ordinary college starter - he did college quarterback stuff. And hell, they ended up 5th in the nation with him and would've gone to the national championship game with any sort of defense at all.

This team's not that team, but its very demonstrative of what a good team can do around a smart, reliable quarterback. Yes, it's game manager shit but unless/until Horn proves it - until he TAKES the job - it's silly to just sit here and act like we're trotting Jim Dougherty out there.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-01-2023, 08:33 AM   #299
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
So our only hope is for a polar bear to fall on Cook?
No, that's Tinker, the other fat guy.

I'm talking about this muffin:

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0098206/m...f_=ext_shr_lnk
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-01-2023, 08:38 AM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
The fact we’re in Year 4 of this and he hasn’t found a QB to at least push Cook is pretty worrying to me…borderline asinine esp. for a guy who’s recruiting prowess is talked about so much.

I don’t think it’s particularly unfair either…

I agree with everything you said.
Dafuq?

We just went into game one of the season with Cook and a 5-star redshirt freshman in a quarterback competition. And behind him is another 4-star dual threat from this year's class. And in that mix is ANOTHER 5-star transfer who was top 10 nationally at the position just 2 years ago.

I swear to god, some of y'all just continue to make the arguments you WANT to make, actual evidence be damned.

Maybe - just maybe - Cook's not the piece of grabasstic shit you fellas keep insisting he is. Maybe every damn recruit that walks into Columbia doesn't miraculously start dominating the best football conference in the country as a Sophomore.

****ing dipshit worthless pile of ass Eli Drankmess didn't get Caleb Williams - we should fire him.

Lord that's just idiotic. You honestly said "there's nobody pushing Cook" when the only thing that kept that from being an open competition last night was that Cook ran the offense so well in the first half that Drink took the air out of the ball in the second half.

Absolutely ridiculous.