Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2021, 12:19 PM   Topic Starter
Champs!

Laptops Thunderbolt Question

So I have 2 questions that I am hopeful that someone can assist me on what I hope to accomplish. I probably know the answer to my own question based on my own research, but want to double check, since I am not quite familiar with this.

Background: A buddy of mine has a laptop (Lenovo T480 Model) for work. Currently he is using a laptop screen and the HDMI port for one external monitor. This buddy wants to see if he can use another monitor. He has researched that the laptop graphics is Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620.

On the laptop, it does have 1 HDMI (which is currently in use for 1 monitor as mentioned above) on the right side (see #8 on the image below).

On the left side of the laptop, it has a "thunderbolt" symbol (#4 on the image below) - which is not currently in use for anything. Further research shows that it has 1x USB 3.1 Gen1 Type C and 1x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type C/Intel Thunderbolt 3.

The 1st question is: Can he use the thunderbolt port to utilize for an 2nd monitor?

Research shows Lenovo's website for this model can support up to 3 monitors (2 external monitors and the laptop - which is the accomplished goal).

The 2nd question applies if the 1st question is "YES": Is it better to get a cord with a male connection to the thunderbolt and a male connection HDMI to the monitor, or to get a male connection to the thunderbolt and a female connection HDMI (adapter), and connect the HDMI cords together?
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.