Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2021, 03:33 PM  
MVP

Fumbling into the end zone

So, I've seen multiple people not on here bitching about a fumble that goes into the end zone. They all say it's such a stupid rule and that we got lucky. Nobody ever says anything about how to fix it. So, I'm curious what people think a way to fix it would be.
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-26-2024, 07:21 PM   #91
Veteran

The rule is perfect as it is. The goal line is sacred ground. If you dont posess the ball going over it you LOSE it to your opponent in THEIR goal.
How is this hard to understand
Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.
Old 02-26-2024, 07:30 PM   #92
Politically Incorrect

Maybe it's just me but "fumbling into the end zone" sounds like code for drunk anal sex.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 09:26 AM   #93
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
We’ve benefitted from this rule in two major playoff games. Two games that we quite possibly lose without these opposing TDs turning into touchbacks.

Idk why any Chiefs fan would want the rule reverted.
Remind me, to which games, specifically, are you referring?
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:29 AM   #94
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Maybe it's just me but "fumbling into the end zone" sounds like code for drunk anal sex.
Just you hooker boy
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:44 AM   #95
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Clev--covid year. Sorenson knocks the ball out of someones hands at the goal line and it goes out.

Cant remember the second.

But Priest lost one vs Indy in the no punt game.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:47 AM   #96
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lprechaun View Post
The rule is perfect as it is. The goal line is sacred ground. If you dont posess the ball going over it you LOSE it to your opponent in THEIR goal.
How is this hard to understand
Right?

You get the advantage of having the play dead as soon as the ball breaks the plane (regardless of whether or not you then lose it if you fumble it before you go to ground).

To act like this should be treated the same as any other spot on the field is goofy.

Secure the goddamn football inside the 1 yard line. It just isn't that hard. The penalty for trying to sneak a ball across the goaline when you know your body isn't going to make it should absolutely be severe.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:52 AM   #97
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post

But Priest lost one vs Indy in the no punt game.
That wasn't anywhere near the end zone.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:54 AM   #98
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post

The 2020 playoff run against the Browns was the first. Sorenson made the play that day.

That was the game Mahomes was knocked out due to an alleged concussion and we needed a huge 4th down conversion by Matt Moore to ice the game at the end.

The second was this most recent 2023 playoff run against the Ravens. Sneed made the play on Zay Flowers.

Someone reminded me of the Hardman fumble through the end zone that actually went against us when we played the Bills also in this 2023 playoff run but we won that game in the end so no harm, no foul in my mind.

I’m not sure we win either game against the Browns or Ravens if those plays aren’t made, tbh. It’s possible, obviously, but you never know.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:01 AM   #99
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
That wasn't anywhere near the end zone.
I thought it rolled out of the end zone

that was a long time ago, and I have blocked a lot of that out.

the Chiefs began when we drafted mahomes, right?
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:06 AM   #100
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Right?

You get the advantage of having the play dead as soon as the ball breaks the plane (regardless of whether or not you then lose it if you fumble it before you go to ground).

To act like this should be treated the same as any other spot on the field is goofy.

Secure the goddamn football inside the 1 yard line. It just isn't that hard. The penalty for trying to sneak a ball across the goaline when you know your body isn't going to make it should absolutely be severe.
Sacks/holding /grounding are all treated differently in the endzone and are much harsher than anywhere else , don’t hold/don’t ground/don’t get sack/don’t step out of bounds and don’t fumble , the rule is fine it’s not a surprise rule people don’t know about.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:09 AM   #101
Wasted away again...

Quote:
The 2020 playoff run against the Browns was the first. Sorenson made the play that day.

That was the game Mahomes was knocked out due to an alleged concussion and we needed a huge 4th down conversion by Matt Moore to ice the game at the end.

The second was this most recent 2023 playoff run against the Ravens. Sneed made the play on Zay Flowers.

Someone reminded me of the Hardman fumble through the end zone that actually went against us when we played the Bills also in this 2023 playoff run but we won that game in the end so no harm, no foul in my mind.

I’m not sure we win either game against the Browns or Ravens if those plays aren’t made, tbh. It’s possible, obviously, but you never know.
Flowers didn't fumble through the end zone though. He fumbled into the end zone where we recovered the ball.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:12 AM   #102
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
Flowers didn't fumble through the end zone though. He fumbled into the end zone where we recovered the ball.

Fair point.

And I don’t remember the Hardman fumble all that well. Was that recovered by the Bills or did it go out of bounds in the end zone?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:12 AM   #103
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
I thought it rolled out of the end zone

that was a long time ago, and I have blocked a lot of that out.

the Chiefs began when we drafted mahomes, right?
Down at the 22. I think we can all watch this now with the idea it (and all the others) only made the current run that much more rewarding.

5:57 mark

siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:26 AM   #104
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Fair point.

And I don’t remember the Hardman fumble all that well. Was that recovered by the Bills or did it go out of bounds in the end zone?
It went through the end zone and out the sideline.

Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.